Photo

creatine and acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#21 evigrex

evigrex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2004 - 03:59 PM

That wouldn't be far from the truth, actually - dbol results are pretty much temporary unless you combine it with an injectable.
before you judge me take a look at you
can't you find something better to do
point the finger, slow to understand
arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

- Metallica, "holier than thou"

#22 tiger88

tiger88

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2004 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE(evigrex @ Jun 21 2004, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE(xcriticalbenchx @ Jun 6 2004, 10:59 AM)
Creatine is a bond of 2 essential amino acids, gylcine and methonine, and 1 non essential amino acid.. arginine.  The are bonded together inside your body to form creatine phosphate, or creatinine.  You get 4.4 gms of creatine in 2.2lbs of red meat.  

It works by drawing water from your blood, into your skelital muscles. 

Another option, would  be to try a dicreatine malate.. found in Swole V.2, SanV12, Satur8 etc. 

Use a strict diet, intensive training, add a good base of vitamins and minerals. 
What kind are you using, a transport system can couse acne, by the amouts of Dextrose and malodextrin added, but the purest form, Micronized Creatine Monohydrate i wouldnt say causes acne, but much more helps it, by increasing the obsortion of protein, which is the foudation of the skin.

Add some anadrol-50 to that and you're all set...wait..this is an acne forum. Nevemrind

LOL LOL

worst steroid ever!

i wouldnt ever touch that shit

#23 evan3037

evan3037

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2004 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE(evigrex @ Jun 21 2004, 02:23 PM)

Add some anadrol-50 to that and you're all set...wait..this is an acne forum.  Nevemrind

some long lasting test like cyp and some tren would do far better

but dont forget your pct to avoid the acne and bitch tits

#24 tiger88

tiger88

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2004 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE(evan3037 @ Jun 21 2004, 05:07 PM)
QUOTE(evigrex @ Jun 21 2004, 02:23 PM)

Add some anadrol-50 to that and you're all set...wait..this is an acne forum.  Nevemrind

some long lasting test like cyp and some tren would do far better

but dont forget your pct to avoid the acne and bitch tits

good to see a few juice heads on the boards :dance:

#25 evan3037

evan3037

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:22 AM

im actualy nautral lol, im only 16, i just know a lot from being obsessed with bodybuilding and talking to other bodybuilders and reading

i might cycle when im about 25 or so when im done growing (currently 5'10")

current supps are

ON 100% whey
Syntrax Nectar
AST multi
Now Foods Vit E
ON Vit C
E/C since im currently cutting

Ive cycled both AST micronized creatine and Syntrax swole v2 while bulking before and have had no increased acne from any of my supps. Also, i feel the Vit E helps my skin espicialy to heal pimples and prevent stretch marks

for my next bulk ill probabaly cycle more AST micronized creatine, add muscle milk before bed and obviously cut out the E/C

what effects do you think accutane has on your gains? i have a lot of acne on my back, and i plan to compete next spring and i dont want to lose points for my acne

this is an excerpt from the npc website "During all four quarter turns, the judge must also look at the general appearance, posture and athletic bearing. As well as skin tone, skin texture and quality, skin color tone and evenness, blemishes, stretch marks, scars, tattoos, cellulite, skeletal defects and proper application of oil, etc."

#26 Sam The Man

Sam The Man

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 22 June 2004 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE(evan3037 @ Jun 22 2004, 06:09 PM)
what effects do you think accutane has on your gains?

No effects at all that I've noticed. Altough I train for strength, not for hypertrophy. I've been on Accutane (again) since February and just did personal records in squat and deadlift last week.
Sore joints and tendons are all the side effects that I've noticed that influence my training.
Who wants to be normal? Who wants normal results? We want to be exceptional. Exceptions confirm what is not normal

#27 tiger88

tiger88

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2004 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE(evan3037 @ Jun 22 2004, 09:09 AM)
im actualy nautral lol, im only 16, i just know a lot from being obsessed with bodybuilding and talking to other bodybuilders and reading

i might cycle when im about 25 or so when im done growing (currently 5'10")

current supps are

ON 100% whey
Syntrax Nectar
AST multi
Now Foods Vit E
ON Vit C
E/C since im currently cutting

Ive cycled both AST micronized creatine and Syntrax swole v2 while bulking before and have had no increased acne from any of my supps. Also, i feel the Vit E helps my skin espicialy to heal pimples and prevent stretch marks

for my next bulk ill probabaly cycle more AST micronized creatine, add muscle milk before bed and obviously cut out the E/C

what effects do you think accutane has on your gains? i have a lot of acne on my back, and i plan to compete next spring and i dont want to lose points for my acne

this is an excerpt from the npc website "During all four quarter turns, the judge must also look at the general appearance, posture and athletic bearing. As well as skin tone, skin texture and quality, skin color tone and evenness, blemishes, stretch marks, scars, tattoos, cellulite, skeletal defects and proper application of oil, etc."

ya stay the fuck away u are tooo young and differently step on stage 100 % natty

personally when i took creatine i felt it had zero effect on my acne

if u break out and u do something different ppl blame it on the new thing..

also pratice the 7 compentary poses and hit em hard..

as for supplements imo

i find most things are total shit

just eat a solid diet add whey, some flax vit e vit C

only supplement i was impressed with was xpel... natural dierctic..sucked the water right out...

#28 evan3037

evan3037

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:44 PM

tiger do you compete?

#29 tiger88

tiger88

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2004 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE(evan3037 @ Jun 22 2004, 03:31 PM)
tiger do you compete?

never stepped up on stage but i feel i could do quite all right a local show..

thing is with competive bbing is ur life has to worked out around your diet and training....bed time early...no booze (well rec drugs ya but not booze)

i stay lean year around but stepping on stage u cant go out and live life to the fullest...

i like the nightlife too much and bbing and that dont mix...when i am older and partying till the mourning is out of my system and life is more a consient thing i will plan on doing it...

if u are young and compete, dont let it take hold of ur life....
i knew a kid who skipped his senior prom and some other cool stuff to step on stage at some local show for 60 seconds he regrats he did too...he didnt go to any senior events missed out a great deal in his life..

also dont forget bodybuilding and bodybuilders is a game in ages..meaning ur body peaks (bodybuilding terms) in your 30s!!!! ya and i have seen the senior group at the mr olympia (dudes were 50 ! and look better then any 20 year around!

#30 evigrex

evigrex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2004 - 06:36 PM

Gear users on an acne board...oh the irony!

Gear gave one guy I know nearly disfiguring acne all over his face, back and arms....he still has scars from it.
before you judge me take a look at you
can't you find something better to do
point the finger, slow to understand
arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

- Metallica, "holier than thou"

#31 P.Acne

P.Acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2004 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE(Sam The Man @ Jun 22 2004, 09:15 AM)
QUOTE(evan3037 @ Jun 22 2004, 06:09 PM)
what effects do you think accutane has on your gains?

No effects at all that I've noticed. Altough I train for strength, not for hypertrophy. I've been on Accutane (again) since February and just did personal records in squat and deadlift last week.
Sore joints and tendons are all the side effects that I've noticed that influence my training.

do you attribute your soreness to the accutane, or just hittin the weights hard?

#32 Sam The Man

Sam The Man

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2004 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE(P.Acne @ Jun 23 2004, 10:25 AM)
do you attribute your soreness to the accutane, or just hittin the weights hard?

Definately Accutane. I mean the soreness is in my joints. They feel "dry". Especially in the mornings.
My muscles are not any sorer than they are without the drug. Altough I don't get that much muscle soreness anyway.
Who wants to be normal? Who wants normal results? We want to be exceptional. Exceptions confirm what is not normal

#33 Sam The Man

Sam The Man

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2004 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE(evigrex @ Jun 23 2004, 03:23 AM)
Gear users on an acne board...oh the irony!

Hmmm.......I don't use them and I don't plan to. I'm 100% sure that my acne would explode on juice. :doh:

#34 malia

malia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2004 - 02:26 PM

i'm not a body builder, just want to lose a few pounds and look tighter (i'm a girl). but i eat mainly vegetarian and have been reading that increasing protein intake is the best way for lean muscle mass. do you think supplementing with whey protein shakes will increase acne? all this working out stuff is new to me!

thanks !

#35 P.Acne

P.Acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2004 - 03:02 PM

protein shakes do not cause acne!!! And I know this is girly, but what about doing yoga while on accutane?? I'm thinkin of doing that so I don't get as much sorness or joint pains. Anybody know if yoga helps on accutane?

#36 Sam The Man

Sam The Man

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2004 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE(malia @ Jun 23 2004, 11:13 PM)
i'm not a body builder, just want to lose a few pounds and look tighter (i'm a girl).  but i eat mainly vegetarian and have been reading that increasing protein intake is the best way for lean muscle mass. 

First of all, if you're trying to lose some pounds, you're not gonna increase your lean body mass at the same time. Building muscle requires extra calories, so you're not going to lose any weight while doing that.'

Certain amount of protein is of course required for building muscles, but total amount of calories that you eat is much more important. Basically eat more than you burn off and there is some hope to build muscle mass. And of course decrease calories if you want to lose weight. Keep protein intake high and decrease your carbs.

Whey protein has never affected my acne in any way, but you'll have to try it to see what it does for you.

#37 MiCoL

MiCoL

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2004 - 01:35 PM

There's no reason why whey protein would make any one break out. Protein is vital for repairing the body. It probably helps keep skin looking better. (Though i'm not a biochemist) :lol:

#38 Trinity45

Trinity45

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:55 PM

Here's why I think whey protein causes acne for some people:

1. If your using chocolate whey it obviously contains cocoa. Chocolate is considered an acne aggravater.

2. What are you mixing with your whey? Milk? Again, milk is an aggravator of acne.

3. Whey protein is a by product from milk. Again, milk is an aggravator of acne.

This does not necessarily apply to everybody, but it does to many acne suffereres. When I was lifting weights few months back, I started out using chocolate whey with milk. I had loads of breakout after! I just recently bought vanilla flavored whey and use soy milk(I can't stand water!) and see how that goes.

Everybody please post what kind of whey you use and mix it in if you had a breakout.

#39 changbanger29

changbanger29

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:37 AM

I'm currently using Creatine for a week now and I have no effect on acne or any breakouts. But reading some of the posts on Creatine makes me a little nervous. The only counter argument I have is that Im using Syntrax Creatine which doesn't contain sugars or refined carbs. Would that help my cause or could I potentially get a huge breakout?

#40 shriek

shriek

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:18 AM

I once drank one cup of whey, and it gave me four cysts.
I just wanted to see how it tastes, so my friend gave me that cup...

I was on tane at that time and so hard to get them healed.

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]