Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

creatine and acne

40 posts in this topic

i took creatine for a week and had a huge breakout, has anyone else had this happen?

if you do take creatine, how much of it do you take per day?

Triton, about two weeks ago i was looking for boards that had info about protein shakes and acne. I found a bunch about people saying they had increased acne while taking protein shakes, but when i saw the amount of people saying creatine caused major breakouts, i was shocked. I took creatine maybe 2 years ago, and i really dont remember much. I do remember breaking out more then i normally did then though. Do a search on the internet for "creatine and acne" youll be shocked at how many people say it caused bad breakouts for them.

I'd say definatly read from these guys...they arn't doctors but they are all bodybuilders so they know the shit they use (I hope).

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=Creatine

What Is The Most Effective Creatine Dose?

Effective doses will be examined later in this article. Current studies tend to follow a very standard protocol:

20 g / d for 5 - 7 days ("loading phase")

5 g / d for remainder of cycle ("maintenance phase")

A more customized approach is to determine dose based on mass. A common formula is:

0.3 g / kg / d for 5 - 7 days

0.03 g / kg / d for remainder of cycle

5 grams a day.

never made me breakout.

:: what would you buy? ::

1 - the ugly colored and graved with bird shit all over it, but Porsche/Lamborgini shaped car what could take you like a jet plane?

2 - or the amazing static red colored shiny, with the green glow under the car but is shaped like a lame cube where old folks drive in?

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules] the same goes for acne and the girls who choose the guy's [image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

ps: I don't know cars, only girls... but you got the point.

Im not sure what creatine is but protien shakes Ive had make me brake out badly.

:: what would you buy? ::

1 - the ugly colored and graved with bird shit all over it, but Porsche/Lamborgini shaped car what could take you like a jet plane?

2 - or the amazing static red colored shiny, with the green glow under the car but is shaped like a lame cube where old folks drive in?

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules] the same goes for acne and the girls who choose the guy's [image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

ps: I don't know cars, only girls... but you got the point.

I'm not proud in using it but atleast its not hormonal.

Who wants to be normal? Who wants normal results? We want to be exceptional. Exceptions confirm what is not normal

thanks for the replies! I've searched google about 'creatine and acne' but some say it's myth and some say it's fact, I guess it depends on your body.

Does anyone know an alternative to creatine for bodybuilding?

Creatine is a bond of 2 essential amino acids, gylcine and methonine, and 1 non essential amino acid.. arginine. The are bonded together inside your body to form creatine phosphate, or creatinine. You get 4.4 gms of creatine in 2.2lbs of red meat.

It works by drawing water from your blood, into your skelital muscles.

Another option, would be to try a dicreatine malate.. found in Swole V.2, SanV12, Satur8 etc.

Use a strict diet, intensive training, add a good base of vitamins and minerals.

What kind are you using, a transport system can couse acne, by the amouts of Dextrose and malodextrin added, but the purest form, Micronized Creatine Monohydrate i wouldnt say causes acne, but much more helps it, by increasing the obsortion of protein, which is the foudation of the skin.

Creatine didn't cause me to break out, neither did milk, meat or any other stuff apart from my hormones. From a bodybuilding perspective maybe having raging hormones is a blessing in disguise?? The only downside is acne and gyno! lol.gif

creatine is total garbage

all the wieght gained is water wieght

u piss it all out after you are done taking creatine

plus it can make u look a bit on the soft side and hide vascularity

You got to admit though... Isn't cool putting on like 3-5lbs in a week? I love it! It sucks when you stop cycling though!

i saw an ad on tv today about a moisturizer with creatine... i think it was by nivea

i gained about 15 lbs on d bol in around 4 weeks but it was all bloat and water wieght

Who wants to be normal? Who wants normal results? We want to be exceptional. Exceptions confirm what is not normal

i gained about 15 lbs on d bol in around 4 weeks but it was all bloat and water wieght

You forgot that you also have to train if you want bigger muscles and strength......

If you are saying that you gained JUST water weight on Dianabol, then there is something wrong.

but it turned out to be a solid cycle..very pleased with my gains

but it turned out to be a solid cycle..very pleased with my gains

Just out of curiosity, how did your skin react to the cycle? How significant increase did you notice in the sebum production?

Creatine is a bond of 2 essential amino acids, gylcine and methonine, and 1 non essential amino acid.. arginine.  The are bonded together inside your body to form creatine phosphate, or creatinine.  You get 4.4 gms of creatine in 2.2lbs of red meat. 

Another option, would  be to try a dicreatine malate.. found in Swole V.2, SanV12, Satur8 etc. 

Use a strict diet, intensive training, add a good base of vitamins and minerals. 

What kind are you using, a transport system can couse acne, by the amouts of Dextrose and malodextrin added, but the purest form, Micronized Creatine Monohydrate i wouldnt say causes acne, but much more helps it, by increasing the obsortion of protein, which is the foudation of the skin.

before you judge me take a look at you

can't you find something better to do

point the finger, slow to understand

arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

- Metallica, "holier than thou"

ive cycled creatine many times and i also take protien shakes every day and it has no effect on my acne

That wouldn't be far from the truth, actually - dbol results are pretty much temporary unless you combine it with an injectable.

before you judge me take a look at you

can't you find something better to do

point the finger, slow to understand

arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

- Metallica, "holier than thou"

Creatine is a bond of 2 essential amino acids, gylcine and methonine, and 1 non essential amino acid.. arginine.  The are bonded together inside your body to form creatine phosphate, or creatinine.  You get 4.4 gms of creatine in 2.2lbs of red meat.  

Another option, would  be to try a dicreatine malate.. found in Swole V.2, SanV12, Satur8 etc. 

Add some anadrol-50 to that and you're all set...wait..this is an acne forum. Nevemrind

Add some anadrol-50 to that and you're all set...wait..this is an acne forum.  Nevemrind

some long lasting test like cyp and some tren would do far better

but dont forget your pct to avoid the acne and bitch tits

im actualy nautral lol, im only 16, i just know a lot from being obsessed with bodybuilding and talking to other bodybuilders and reading

i might cycle when im about 25 or so when im done growing (currently 5'10")

current supps are

ON 100% whey

Syntrax Nectar

AST multi

Now Foods Vit E

ON Vit C

E/C since im currently cutting

Ive cycled both AST micronized creatine and Syntrax swole v2 while bulking before and have had no increased acne from any of my supps. Also, i feel the Vit E helps my skin espicialy to heal pimples and prevent stretch marks

for my next bulk ill probabaly cycle more AST micronized creatine, add muscle milk before bed and obviously cut out the E/C

what effects do you think accutane has on your gains? i have a lot of acne on my back, and i plan to compete next spring and i dont want to lose points for my acne

this is an excerpt from the npc website "During all four quarter turns, the judge must also look at the general appearance, posture and athletic bearing. As well as skin tone, skin texture and quality, skin color tone and evenness, blemishes, stretch marks, scars, tattoos, cellulite, skeletal defects and proper application of oil, etc."