Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cereal

12 posts in this topic

Being that im on a diet, any cereal isnt really recommended but i cant help it. Honey Bunches of Oats (Strawberry) w/ Fat Free Milk.

We Dont Care About No one but this U. 2004 STATE CHAMPIONS.

I buy all my cereal from a healt food store. I mainly eat oat bran cereals or brown rice cereals. They are alot better for you than any commerical brand cereal you will find. Try getting an organic wheat cereal or oat bran or brown rice. I add a few pieces of chopped up pear to it and some rasians and yum. I also use soy milk and sometimes brown rice milk.

Oatmeal Crisp with almonds. It's great, has some fats, alot of carbs (low in sugar, mostly complex) and protein too. It's like 220 cals a cup vs. about 120 for normal "kids" cereal, it definatly starts off my day nice. A bowl of that and a glass of milk w/ 100% whey protein.

user posted image

user posted image

When eating cereal, add a scoop of grounded flax seeds to get some good fiber into your body!

Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

When eating cereal, add a scoop of grounded flax seeds to get some good fiber into your body!

Oatlmeal. Quakers Old-fashioned Oats, in the big round cardboard thing or the big bag from Costco.

i've got some flax seed, how can I grind it? Or do i need 2 buy preground?

Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

just add a teaspoon of liquid flaxseed oil, i put it in my orange juice every morning.

I'm on my diet which means I can't have cereal really. I do eat old fashioned oats for breakfast most of the time though.

Cheerio's are good, but I really don't know what I'm doing in the morning really, I can't remember if i even ate breakfast sometimes

I put ground flax seeds on my cereal every morning and they are great. When they are ground up (which you need to do so your body is able to digest them) they have a nutty flavor. I grind mine up in a food processor, but you can also use a blender or coffee grinder. I've heard that if you keep them in the refrigerator they stay fresh longer. Besides fiber, they provide omega 3-fatty acids (which are also found in oily fish like salmon). Very healthy.

You can find them at health food stores and they are cheap. The golden flax seeds are cheaper than the brown ones and I think they both provide the same benefits.