Photo

cereal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 tele

tele

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2004 - 09:08 PM

what type or brand of cereal do you guys eat?

#2 Fame

Fame

All About this U

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2004 - 09:10 PM

Being that im on a diet, any cereal isnt really recommended but i cant help it. Honey Bunches of Oats (Strawberry) w/ Fat Free Milk.

#3 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 03 June 2004 - 09:22 PM

I buy all my cereal from a healt food store. I mainly eat oat bran cereals or brown rice cereals. They are alot better for you than any commerical brand cereal you will find. Try getting an organic wheat cereal or oat bran or brown rice. I add a few pieces of chopped up pear to it and some rasians and yum. I also use soy milk and sometimes brown rice milk.

#4 laxdguy2k2

laxdguy2k2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2004 - 05:49 PM

Oatmeal Crisp with almonds. It's great, has some fats, alot of carbs (low in sugar, mostly complex) and protein too. It's like 220 cals a cup vs. about 120 for normal "kids" cereal, it definatly starts off my day nice. A bowl of that and a glass of milk w/ 100% whey protein.

user posted image

user posted image

#5 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 04 June 2004 - 06:31 PM

When eating cereal, add a scoop of grounded flax seeds to get some good fiber into your body!

#6 laxdguy2k2

laxdguy2k2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2004 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE(jc @ Jun 4 2004, 06:18 PM)
When eating cereal, add a scoop of grounded flax seeds to get some good fiber into your body!

Hey JC...i've got some flax seed, how can I grind it? Or do i need 2 buy preground? h0lla back. Thx.

#7 elm_faerie

elm_faerie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2004 - 07:59 PM

Oatlmeal. Quakers Old-fashioned Oats, in the big round cardboard thing or the big bag from Costco.

#8 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2004 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE(laxdguy2k2 @ Jun 4 2004, 09:40 PM)
i've got some flax seed, how can I grind it? Or do i need 2 buy preground?

I grind them myself with a little grinder I have, so I haven't ever looked for pre-ground flax-seeds......if they do exist?!?!? Ask your health food store if they have a grinder in the store. Flax seeds are so cheap! And good for ya.

I like to eat bran cereal in the morning with flax seeds, grounded almonds, and grounded walnuts served with soy milk. Gotta have my cereal! It's also my night time snack too. tongue.gif

#9 Triton

Triton

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:43 PM

just add a teaspoon of liquid flaxseed oil, i put it in my orange juice every morning.

#10 Scotty_G

Scotty_G

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2004 - 11:21 AM

I'm on my diet which means I can't have cereal really. I do eat old fashioned oats for breakfast most of the time though.

#11 Badass912

Badass912

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2004 - 07:06 PM

Cheerio's are good, but I really don't know what I'm doing in the morning really, I can't remember if i even ate breakfast sometimes

#12 gator41

gator41

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2004 - 11:46 AM

I put ground flax seeds on my cereal every morning and they are great. When they are ground up (which you need to do so your body is able to digest them) they have a nutty flavor. I grind mine up in a food processor, but you can also use a blender or coffee grinder. I've heard that if you keep them in the refrigerator they stay fresh longer. Besides fiber, they provide omega 3-fatty acids (which are also found in oily fish like salmon). Very healthy.

You can find them at health food stores and they are cheap. The golden flax seeds are cheaper than the brown ones and I think they both provide the same benefits.