azelaic acid aha alpha hydroxy acid

1 reply to this topic

#1 stolis8

stolis8

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:08 AM

Does anyone have any idea if I can replace my exfoliation using AHA with azelaic acid? I'm trying to incorporate azelaic acid into my regimen in order to reduce redness/dryness from BP, but even if I use BP once a day, I still have flakiness that needs to be taken care of with exfoliation.

Anyone have any idea if azelaic acid exfoliates? It's so hard to find information on this stuff...

Thanks!

#2 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:28 PM

It sounds like you need a moisturizer more than you need exfoliation. I'll move this to Prescription acne products as this is not related to the acne.org regimen and azelaic acid is prescription only.

From what I found in a search for Azelaic acid it has exfoliating properties. http://www.mayoclini...mation/DR600187
Azelaic acid is used to treat mild to moderate acne. It works in part by stopping the growth of skin bacteria that can help cause acne. Azelaic acid also helps to lessen acne by keeping skin pores (tiny openings on the skin's surface) clear.

If you're already using a moisturizer you likely need another one or need to apply more moisturizer than you have been using.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users