I'm done............

5 replies to this topic

#1 AFI

AFI

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2004 - 10:13 AM

I'm through with fasting and everything else. So far I have done 4 MCs and 7 liver flushes with vegan lifestyle and other diet changes for almost 2 years and my skin hasn't even improved. I have no doubt that these things do work for some people and have been miracle cures to many. They are also very good for your body, but somethings wrong and its just not working for me. I'm just so sick of having to watch everything i eat, my girlfriend thinks i'm starving myself. Those people that are doing liver flushes, don't think that they give you an excuse to eat unhealthily. I've seen several people make the statement "after i'm clear doing liver flushes i get to eat whatever i want" No you don't!!! Sheesh it a lifestyle. Unfortuently i can't afford this lifestyle right now. When my friends go out to eat i'm so sick of saying no because of diet or becasue i'm fasting. I'm starting the regimen and will eat how i please. That doesn't mean i'm just going to eat junk but i'm going to eat how i used to (which actually was pretty healthy). Good luck all with your quest for no acne through health. If anyone has any question about hollistic health i'll be glad to answer by now i'm kinda of a guru on this stuff. Good luck all and happy fasting and flushing. Whether it helps your acne or not its still good for you. I've just decided to not let it rule my life like it has been for years. I'm out.
Peace

#2 Bailey

Bailey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2004 - 11:34 AM

How long do you do the MC's for? 10 days is the MINIMUM. It really should be done for 40 days (in a row). I'm really sorry you're not seeing the results you wanted. But I wish you wouldn't give up. sad.gif I understand that you probably need a break. But after your liver is completley clean..then you don't have to do the flushes anymore for YEARS! It varys from person to person..but it usually takes about 14 flushes. It seems like a lot..but you're half way there!!! Think about it. wink.gif

I'll always be here to be your MC or LF buddy..remember that. I'm on day 4 of my 40 day MC. It's getting easier..I don't even mind the taste anymore.

FEEL BETTER! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#3 dudeman

dudeman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:MUSIC, guitar, snowboarding, MUSIC...

Posted 03 June 2004 - 11:40 AM

How much exercise were you getting, and how much water were you drinking on a daily basis during all of this? And what was your diet actually like?

Fasting for so long can actually be very detrimental...it is far better to eat healthy meals than it is to fast for so long. It can cause serious strain on the body and hormones when it's overdone, which could potentially be causing more breakouts.

#4 AcneFighter

AcneFighter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2004 - 12:57 PM

Argh that sucks. One suggestion I can give you is to take load of probiotic food such as fermented vegetables like sauerkraut and fermented milk, Kefir that can help you to restore your gastrointestional ecology. Acne may be caused by dysbiosis (an imbalance of gastrointestinal bacteria).

#5 dudeman

dudeman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:MUSIC, guitar, snowboarding, MUSIC...

Posted 03 June 2004 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE(AcneFighter @ Jun 3 2004, 12:44 PM)
Argh that sucks. One suggestion I can give you is to take load of probiotic food such as fermented vegetables like sauerkraut and fermented milk, Kefir that can help you to restore your gastrointestional ecology. Acne may be caused by dysbiosis (an imbalance of gastrointestinal bacteria).

Wooo! Very good advice. A poor digestive system can throw a gigantic wrench in any acne "curing" diet. Your body needs to be able to properly assimilate all the nutrients you're giving it.

#6 dude123

dude123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2004 - 04:04 PM

look for acidophilus tablets in your health food/grocery store..Its a intestinal bacteria (friendly) thats supposed to help out greatly...I also read in an article that a lot of times, people with very oily skin are severly laking in this probiotic because it can be destroyed so easily..and without it, your intestine can't properly process lipids (which tend to build up on the skin)

http://www.cure-guid.../Acne/acne.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users