Photo

tea tree oil

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 TeaTreeGirl

TeaTreeGirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:45 PM

Hey, I just joined the site because I feel the need to share this amazing natural acne cure with anyone who suffers.
I used to have perfectly clear skin, with only the ocasional zit, but over the past few months I have started to break out badly and it was starting to leave scars.
I have tried everything, from proactive to milk of magnesia, and nothing worked. Then I found a site that reccomneded tea tree oil, its amazing!
I saw results within one hour, the redness and swelling decreased, and by the end of the fist day of use, some of my pimple actually started to disapear,!
my skin has not looked this good for a long time, I am so happy that I found out about this, and I just wanted to share it, my only regret is that I didnt find out about it sooner, It really seems like a miracle!!!

#2 TeaTreeGirl

TeaTreeGirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:49 PM

also I have combination skin and it is helping with that too! No dryness or oilyness!!!

#3 debouille

debouille

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (TeaTreeGirl @ May 8 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, I just joined the site because I feel the need to share this amazing natural acne cure with anyone who suffers.
I used to have perfectly clear skin, with only the ocasional zit, but over the past few months I have started to break out badly and it was starting to leave scars.
I have tried everything, from proactive to milk of magnesia, and nothing worked. Then I found a site that reccomneded tea tree oil, its amazing!
I saw results within one hour, the redness and swelling decreased, and by the end of the fist day of use, some of my pimple actually started to disapear,!
my skin has not looked this good for a long time, I am so happy that I found out about this, and I just wanted to share it, my only regret is that I didnt find out about it sooner, It really seems like a miracle!!!

Hi,

Thanks for sharing with us !!

Could you please tell me how to use it ?

Thanks,

#4 swiftheart

swiftheart

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:18 PM

I've been using tea tree oil to for a couple of weeks now to finally address my pimple problem. I could tell the difference straight away in the morning. Redness had gone down, but if I skip even one day, I break out. =( I use the Thursday Plantation brand. However it does make those areas dry and flaky so I regularly exfoliate using a scrub and moisturise twice a day.

debouille, to answer your question in regards to how I use tea tree oil is by dropping about 5 - 10 (undiluted) drops on a cotton pad then wiping it over my T-zone (forehead, nose, chin), and doing the same with a cotton bud if I have any pimples in areas other than my T-zone.

Edited by swiftheart, 22 October 2009 - 09:23 PM.

#5 Jaffa Man!!!

Jaffa Man!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:53 AM

tea tree oil...dun dun dunnn!!! = overrated,sadly . Yah it's great for all your cuts and bruises.I have used it for that before and it works wonders.Acne? nope...nadda...zilch. With the oil it can *sometimes* make a very inflamed,evil and communist zit die down. But apart from that i have yet to see it do much. I am glad it helped you but i have yet to see much science or results in a larger populace to deem it worthy as an acne combatant.

#6 CaptainBoff

CaptainBoff

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (Jaffa Man!!! @ Oct 24 2009, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am glad it helped you but i have yet to see much science or results in a larger populace to deem it worthy as an acne combatant.

Really, and what studies have you read? Can you point me to any of your scientific literature that shows no statistical difference between tea tree oil and placebo?

Tea tree oil has been proven to fight acne long before benzoyl peroxide was even produced. Numerous studies have pointed to it as a potent antimicrobial. Like anything, it's not guaranteed to work for everyone, but a lot of people have seen great benefits from it.

I put two drops of tea tree oil into my moisturizer every day. I still use BP at night, but I plan on weaning off of the BP over time and using only tea tree oil. You don't get any homolysis reactions that produce free radicals with tea tree oil as you do from BP. I've already seen good results from tea tree oil. I used to get the occasional zit even with BP, but after adding tea tree oil I'm staying completely clear.

#7 swiftheart

swiftheart

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:44 PM

Well, I've been using tea oil as part of my regime for a few weeks now. At first I was applying it undiluted. This is a good method to use if you want to apply it on one pimple as a spot treatment, but as for your whole face, I wouldn't recommend doing this as it will make your skin dry and flaky. My personal method is to add a couple of drops of 100% pure tea tree oil to about 30ml of water and mix, then apply to the areas needed with a cotton bud (Q-tip) or facial pad. So far it seems to be making the redness go down and there are noticeably less pimples. When I applied the undiluted TTO to my face it created more pimples, which is another reason to water it down, but whatever works for you, I suppose.

I read that some other members have been buying moisturiser and cleansers (such as from The Body Shop, for example) with TTO already in it, with mixed results. I think buying a small bottle of pure TTO and diluting it with water, or mixing in a couple of drops with your favourite moisturiser would be better as well as cheaper, seeing as you only need two drops of TTO per day (I keep the formula that I use in the morning for later on at night when I reapply again) so the bottle lasts a long time.

The reason that TTO works is because it is a natural antibacterial which helps keep your face free from bacteria, the environment that acne thrives in. If you have dandruff try adding a few drops of TTO to your regular shampoo, a less harsh treatment alternative for Head and Shoulders and the like.

BTW, I don't work for any TTO company. I'm Australian so TTO is a staple in many of our bathroom cabinets. I couldn't believe that it is not commonly known overseas since it can also be used to treat other ailments such as cuts, athletes foot, bad breath etc I'd highly recommend at least trying this if benzol peroxide doesn't work for you. Apparently people have had less reactions to TTO than benzyl peroxide, maybe because TTO is more natural.

#8 Aghaigh Dearg

Aghaigh Dearg

also answers to AggaDagga and Ike Derog

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:31 PM

I started using TTO a few weeks ago and have had excellent results! I really like it, think its worked really well.

#9 veiledxbeauty

veiledxbeauty

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:59 PM

Jeez, so I suppose I was one of the more unfortunate users of TTO then. I used it diluted for almost two months last year and it gave me one of the worst breakouts I've had in my life. I'm literally scarred because of it. And I was using a very LOW dosage! With plenty of exfoliating and moisturizer...I guess my skin is just too sensitive. But I'm glad to hear it's worked out for some of you. ^ ^

#10 swiftheart

swiftheart

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:42 AM

I'm sorry to hear about that, veiledxbeauty. I guess different products work better with different skin and it's a matter of finding the product that your skin improves with.

#11 poreless & flawless

poreless & flawless

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:36 PM

wow, im glad it worked so well for you! but i think every single person has a differnet "miracle potion" for some tea tree oil others pro activ, others.. .. and so on

i am yet to find this miracle cure, i have used tea tree oil and sure it minimized a really big pimple or 2 but it reallllly dried out my skin and smelt really strong!!, sadly i dont think its for everyone sad.gif

Edited by poreless & flawless, 11 November 2009 - 11:37 PM.

#12 Xandrine

Xandrine

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:20 AM

Tea tree oil in combination with other anti-acne products gave me very good results. Am using 3 combinations of anti-acne (BP, my moisturizer has an active ASA, and my toner has Tea tree oil) Tea tree oil is nowhere as drying as BP for me (I use Body Shop's tea tree line, and i have to say they are working quite nicely for me). This can be drying for someone but it was what's effective for my skin. Glad TTO worked for you too!

#13 India Mari

India Mari

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:28 PM

Hey I would like to know what brand you bought that worked so well and how you used it. Is your skin really sensitive?

#14 star14

star14

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:20 PM

Hi guys-
I just went off DIane 35 abotu 2 months ago.. I'm trying not to freak out, but I do have a couple pimples when I was clear on Diane.
The whole time I was using the acne.org cleanser and BP, but im trying tea tree oil because I cannoooottt get these pimples back! lol.. so long story short-- how do you guys use tea tree oil in conjunction with BP??

Anything would be helpful, thanks!

#15 DeeVoo

DeeVoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:31 PM

Therapeutic grade essential oils always work best. DO NOT USE TTO FROM WAL MART!!! I don’t know what’s in it, but its nowhere near pure! It made me sick to smell!

#16 MrsZit

MrsZit

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:22 PM

Hey Guys, I get my tea tree oil from target:
www.target.com/Origin-Tea-Tree-Oil-oz/dp/B001HOO89W/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_1

You can also get Dr. Bronners in liquid soap form (at Target or Whole Foods):
www.target.com/Dr-Bronners-Liquid-Soap-Tree/dp/B001G52M1S/sr=1-7/qid=1259543861/ref=sr_1_7/178-5363202-9613709?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Adr%20bronners&page=1

TTO doesn't really work as a spot treatment for me, but every few days I use a cotton ball with 5-10 undiluted drops and use it all over my face. When I wake up a lot of hyperpigmentation spots are much lighter and are very flakey (to the point of flaking off completely...it's like a mini chemical peel). I don't mind the smell, I find it relazing, almost like lavendar, but my husband can't stand it.

STAR14: I had the same issue, went off BC and broke out badly so I've been prescribed Triaz 3% foaming wash cloths and aczone, but I use TTP in conjunction with them and it seems to be doing the trick.

Edited by MrsZit, 29 November 2009 - 07:25 PM.