Photo

How much do guys REALLY care about girls with acne&scars?

red mark makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#1 makemebetter

makemebetter

Lauren

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:15 PM

Basically, I just want your opinions. The main reason why I hate my face is because it looks all dented, with huge pores, oily, and not smooth. It's yuck eusa_sick.gif Can anyone answer this question though?: How much do guys REALLY care about girls with acne and acne scars/red marks? Yes, this includes you "popular" guys too!

I'm still wearing the makeup I've been wearing all day (it's 8pm now) so my face is kinda greasy and the makeup is a little worn off obviously. I hate the way makeup makes my skin look when I wear it for a long time! All bumpy and the pores are sooo obvious. It's gross and I hope Accutane will take care of this at least a little. Would this make you "judge" me at all?:

Photo_320.jpg

Yeah it's a bad picture, you can't see what it REALLY looks like b/c I'm using my mac. I hateee my skin under bad lighting! (You know what I mean!)

#2 Scotty93

Scotty93

WU-TANG FOREVER

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:32 PM

My opinion?

You look good. wink.gif

#3 AI3forever

AI3forever

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (makemebetter @ May 7 2009, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Basically, I just want your opinions. The main reason why I hate my face is because it looks all dented, with huge pores, oily, and not smooth. It's yuck eusa_sick.gif Can anyone answer this question though?: How much do guys REALLY care about girls with acne and acne scars/red marks? Yes, this includes you "popular" guys too!

I'm still wearing the makeup I've been wearing all day (it's 8pm now) so my face is kinda greasy and the makeup is a little worn off obviously. I hate the way makeup makes my skin look when I wear it for a long time! All bumpy and the pores are sooo obvious. It's gross and I hope Accutane will take care of this at least a little. Would this make you "judge" me at all?:

Photo_320.jpg

Yeah it's a bad picture, you can't see what it REALLY looks like b/c I'm using my mac. I hateee my skin under bad lighting! (You know what I mean!)

Theres this cute girl in my school with quite bad acne scarring. I still find her cute, I really dont mind dating her. But the fact is im scarred too so thats why I might be thinking that way.

#4 WC4608

WC4608

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:36 PM

I know its hard to deal with acne/scars so i feel you there but im being 100% honest you are beatiful judging from your picture with or without acne.

#5 Scotty93

Scotty93

WU-TANG FOREVER

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:39 PM

Ok, for real this time. Just ask yourself this: How much do you care about a guy with acne and/or acne scars?

There is your answer.

#6 makemebetter

makemebetter

Lauren

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (Scotty93 @ May 6 2009, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, for real this time. Just ask yourself this: How much do you care about a guy with acne and/or acne scars?

There is your answer.

smile.gif That's true. I was just hoping guys felt the same way. I think my only problem is, I need to start liking myself more before I can find anyone who really likes me, you know!? Haha yeahh well thanks again guys. I feel a little better about it smile.gif

#7 kristenm09

kristenm09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:15 PM

Oh girl I know exactly how you feel. My makeup after a long day too just seems to slip right off my face. I swear when your face gets greasy after a long day off makeup it makes every bump more noticeable!

But even though I'm not a guy so I can't answer this question for you, I agree with you and recently have found out myself that you really do need to love yourself before you can expect someone to love you.

You have to learn to be comfortable with who you are (with and without makeup) and realize that unfortunately there are going to be guys out there that care about acne and guys that dont. There will be a person out there that loves you just the way you are! And besides who would want a judgmental ass anyways haha wink.gif Good luck girly!

#8 Scotty93

Scotty93

WU-TANG FOREVER

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (makemebetter @ May 6 2009, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Scotty93 @ May 6 2009, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is your answer.

smile.gif That's true. I was just hoping guys felt the same way. I think my only problem is, I need to start liking myself more before I can find anyone who really likes me, you know!? Haha yeahh well thanks again guys. I feel a little better about it smile.gif

I feel the same way. I don't feel attractive at all, but everyone always gives me compliments saying I look good, cute, handsome, etc. etc. People also say I am perfect because I look great and have an outstanding personality. rolleyes.gif But I just never believe them and think they are just saying that to be nice. I take pictures of myself and never like them, but I kind of like myself in the mirror, if the lighting isn't fluorescent eusa_shifty.gif

I just try to not look in mirrors when there are fluorescent lights and try to avoid the obsession of taking pictures, looking at them, and deleting them and then feeling sad.

But, I am being totally honest! You look great. I hope you cheer up and live a happy life smile.gif Please keep us updated biggrin.gif

#9 member

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:19 PM

You currently: 6/10

would hit

So not sure if that's the response you were looking for. smile.gif

#10 Scotty93

Scotty93

WU-TANG FOREVER

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (member @ May 6 2009, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You currently: 6/10

would hit

So not sure if that's the response you were looking for. smile.gif

Definitely not. Probably cheered her up... a little. 6/10!? That's a little rough...

#11 Sign

Sign

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:58 PM

I'm not going to lie to you. If I was given an option of flirting with a girl w/ scars versus one w/o scars, I would probably choose the one without scars. Then again, your scarring seems really mild and under the correct makeup, I think they'll be hardly noticeable.

#12 scarsruinlife

scarsruinlife

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:21 PM

Hey you're my dream girl i really want to date you

#13 gt_stang_2006

gt_stang_2006

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:06 PM

Your face looks fine babe. Don't worry bout' it!!

#14 KevenWK

KevenWK

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:15 PM

Your face is awesome, as long as you have a pretty face the acne and scars dont matter as long as they arent dominating your face which in your case is not how it is, really you look very good. Only the hotshot stuckup "too cool" guys will turn you down because of such a minor flaw. Why do you ask this question anyway?

#15 ckko25

ckko25

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:18 PM

I'm a woman and I'm telling you, just like I said to the guy who asked this question. If you're pretty, you're pretty, with or without scars. To the guy who mentioned, if there was a choice between a girl with scars and a girl without he'd chose without. I think (the majority) of people would chose the best looking girl with or without. It doesn't matter. But you have to throw personality in the mix too. As you get older, the more attractive the personality, the better looking the guy wink.gif

Chin up girly, you don't need to worry about a variety of men to chose from, you will have that.

#16 THX

THX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:22 PM

The reality is, a person who is good looking is usually good looking with or without scars. Would you be prettier without scars? Sure. But are you still good looking? Yes, so thank your parents for passing their good genes on.

If you are worried that guys won't think you are hot because of your scars, then hit the gym hard and give yourself a smokin' body. We notice a girl's body way before her skin smile.gif

#17 Tyga

Tyga

H!&H

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:45 AM

Even though you would disagree, I don't see a scarred, ugly woman in that photo. You'd be surprised at how many men would find you beautiful.

You will find mixed answers along the way. Certain men (people in general) are very superficial, and want their partners to appear perfect. You can't be everyone's type. Once you see that, you can be at peace with your appearance. You can start to breath again, and realize that someone will discover that your beauty is matched by your irresistible charisma. There are hundreds of guys that will feel that way with a simple glance at you. It's an indescribable feeling, and nobody can explain it.

#18 PraisethelordforacneNOT

PraisethelordforacneNOT

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:46 AM

I really like your face..you are really really cute. I wouldnt care about the scars since you are so cute otherwise, but it might happen that the extremely shallow guys who are 10's might reject you, and think that they "deserve better"...you are a 7,8/10 I think...without scars you would be 8,2...so a little worse with the scars...Myself i think i have lost one point down because of scars...thats what i dont like, since i think i'm a average guy even without acne scars....:/

#19 zxcv

zxcv

beh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:16 AM

1. if you already have scars, and you are going to start accutane let me just warn you, odds are you will scar even more. and the scarring doesnt become apparent until you are done with the treatment. or at least that was my case.

2. well, i'm not a guy. but i have scarring and i've been with various men. one noticed my scarring, he still thought i was 'beautiful'. another didn't even notice when i asked. it depends on the guy. but really, why should you give a second thought about what a random guy on the street thinks of you. if someone is judging you on face value they arent worth your time PERIOD.

perhaps im just showing my age here, but in the end... we all become old and unattractive. beautiful skin, hideous skin... it comes down to personality and brain. i think any woman would prefer to be appreciated for her intellect, humor and heart over her skin and it is best to be with a man who loves you for YOU not your appearance.

just to boost your confidence, i made this post on ONTD a while back showing that a lot of desirable celebrities have bad skin/scarring:
http://community.liv...t/27688527.html

3. i am not going to judge your picture because you really shouldn't care what random strangers on the internet think of your skin. but i just want to reiterate, if you think your scarring is bad now, wait until you are done with accutane... as cher once said, 'if i could turn back time...'

#20 kat123

kat123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:08 AM

You are very pretty but I know how you feel. I go through the same thing almost everyday. I have scarring similar to yours. Sometimes it makes me feel like a monster. I have been told it is mostly in my head. I try to never let anyone know I feel this way but if something slips out people pretty much think I am crazy. Like how dare I think I am bad looking. If I wasn 't afflicted with the same condition as you, I would think you were crazy. The only reason I notice acne scars is because I have them myself. Your scarring doesnt take away from your face to the point that it is the first thing people notice.

"Hot guys" have found me attractive and some have not. I dont know if it has anything to do with my skin but to each their own. I myself am mildly shallow. To me there are things I wouldn't mind physically about another and there things I would.

I think that accutane can cause alot of side effects and not just the ones you are warned about by your derm. I have skin that is sensitive and scars easily. I have battled with acne since i was 14. It went away and came back many times untill I was 26 and went on accutane. It left a few icepicks and few deeper scars. Those were mostly from when I was younger. 8 months after accutane I started to look at my scars and notice that I had way more thane I used . Especially rollings scars around my mouth and what not. I didnt have these pre accutane. They arent that noticable unless you are really looking. Believe me, I am always looking. It really makes me angry. It did clear up my acne which is the bright side. Nothing else could for a prolonged period. I still get a few but I can deal with that. I also get facial flushing still which I wasnt warned about. Hoping it will end someday.

You're 17 and have plenty time to heal. Stay out of the sun. When your acne free look into procedures that can smooth out your skin. I have had profract. 3 time with a 40% impr. I am going to have one more in Sept. I also bought a dermaroller and going to get an led light. You have plenty of years to work on your skin.

A smile is the best accessory. eusa_angel.gif