Photo

Aspirin mask followed by squeezing to reduce blackheads?

4 replies to this topic

#1 pchic

pchic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:36 AM

I had been using biore pore strips to remove my blackheads but I realised although it removes my blackheads, it also enlarges the pores on my nose! I decided to ditch the strips altogether.

I have been using aspirin masks on my face every other day for about 2 weeks now. After I leave it on on my t-zone for 15 minutes, I scrub it off gently and then use my nails to squeeze/scrape the gunk out. I collected lots of whitish stuff on my nails that I believe are blackheads! I have seen videos where people just squeeze their nose and ribbons of white stuff come out http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wzwncLxFBlk. I don't know how hard one has to squeeze to get these things flowing out, mine just sorts of pops out and sits on top of the pores until my nails scrape them off. But I noticed that the pores are not so enlarged and that it works just as well as a blackhead strip, and the best is that I can do it often!

It is not an ideal solution but it is working for me right now. However, I have to say that because my skin is so oily, blackheads are always forming and I am never free of them. I stil have tons of blackheads but at least I am off the blackhead strips which are actually doing harm to my skin.

#2 acne_battle

acne_battle

this is Ollie, my parents cat which I took a pic of on my b day

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38
About Me

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:05 PM

Im a nurses aid so I know a lot about nails to pick at acne. Its one of the worst things you can do to your skin. Do you know how much bacteria gets under your nails even if you wash your hands all throughout the day? Please dont use your nails. Instead use an exfoliant

#3 Polska Laska

Polska Laska

*Be thankful for the little things in life*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:35 PM

I've had small blackheads constantly throughout my life, not too noticeable but I noticed them. I've managed to literally get rid of them completely through using a tiny bit of baking soda and just plain cleanser only on my nose as an exfolient. I think it's because the baking soda is so super fine that it gets into the tiny nose pores. I tone my nose after to balance the PH. This is the only thing that has ever worked consistently for me and I will NOT stop using the BS on my nose EVER!! =)

#4 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (Polska Laska @ May 3 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've had small blackheads constantly throughout my life, not too noticeable but I noticed them. I've managed to literally get rid of them completely through using a tiny bit of baking soda and just plain cleanser only on my nose as an exfolient. I think it's because the baking soda is so super fine that it gets into the tiny nose pores. I tone my nose after to balance the PH. This is the only thing that has ever worked consistently for me and I will NOT stop using the BS on my nose EVER!! =)

Well good luck in the long term. At least mix it with apple cider vinegar so you quit shocking your poor skin with the wrong pH in the first place.

To the original poster: a regular facial with an esthetician who is experienced with acne prone skin, AND a good at-home regimen will help reduce clogged pores.

#5 pchic

pchic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:40 AM

the white gunk doens't get under my nails but on it, because I don't scrap outwards but inwards if you know what I mean. so far it's the best method for me, especially since I'm still a student I can't afford facials. And I can do it regularly as my face is super oily and blackheads form hours after I squeeze them out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users