Photo

Does washing with cold water help acne???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 MPD014

MPD014

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:09 PM

Bc hot water makes my face irritated and red, i was wondering how cold water usually affects acne. does it make it less red or pimples smaller? does it have the same results as icing acne?

#2 ezento98

ezento98

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:39 PM

I clean my face when I'm in the shower. The water is lukewarm. Not too hot, not too cold, just right.

So far, that works for me

#3 rickyw

rickyw

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (MPD014 @ Apr 26 2009, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bc hot water makes my face irritated and red, i was wondering how cold water usually affects acne. does it make it less red or pimples smaller? does it have the same results as icing acne?

nop but dry you skin a little smile.gif

#4 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:59 AM

I wash with lukewarm water in the shower. A final cold water rinse (hair, too!) is invigorating and refreshing AND helps keep redness and dryness at bay. Cold/cool water isn't drying like hot water is.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

#5 jimmyjammy

jimmyjammy

Feel my good vibes, go ahead touch 'em.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:55 AM

I use water which is on the cooler side, its just more refreshing. I did use very warm water but it never did my skin any favours, just irritated my acne and cause redness.

#6 takkarmeg

takkarmeg

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:02 PM

REALY?! ive always figured use REALY hot water to open the pores before i clence my face, guess i shouldnt be doing that. my face is like propper RED all over exept mouth and eye area becuase i use pasiron, toothpaste, very little moisturizer and tetracycline pills heh. so cold or lukewarm then? is it ok to use basiron at the same time as tetracycline?

#7 HEWITT

HEWITT

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:45 PM

Definetly washing your face with cold water is way better then with hot water because hot water will iritate your skin and if not it iwll make it dry especially if you are already having problems with dryness. Cold water refreshes your skin and wont make it no where as dry as hot water.

#8 acne_battle

acne_battle

this is Ollie, my parents cat which I took a pic of on my b day

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38
About Me

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:04 PM

I always wash my face in the sink, I never let the shower water hit my face because for some reason, it irritates my skin and I use lukewarm water always
My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen
Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash
Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream
Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream
Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles
Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen
Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls
starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only
Apply Differin to face and chest
Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream
Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream
Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

#9 Wynne

Wynne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (takkarmeg @ Apr 27 2009, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
REALY?! ive always figured use REALY hot water to open the pores before i clence my face, guess i shouldnt be doing that. my face is like propper RED all over exept mouth and eye area becuase i use pasiron, toothpaste, very little moisturizer and tetracycline pills heh. so cold or lukewarm then? is it ok to use basiron at the same time as tetracycline?

If you're using toothpaste on your face, don't. It's irritating and doesn't do anything for your skin at all.

What is basiron? A topical benzoyl peroxide? If so, yes, please DO use it with tetracycline. It will keep the bacteria from becoming resistant to the antibiotic.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=

#10 takkarmeg

takkarmeg

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:15 PM

What is basiron? A topical benzoyl peroxide? If so, yes, please DO use it with tetracycline. It will keep the bacteria from becoming resistant to the antibiotic.
[/quote]
yes its a BP on 5%, ill do that then biggrin.gif i thought combinding then maybe was a bit extremee biggrin.gif but ill do that then hehe, THANKS!

#11 paperflowers

paperflowers

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:50 PM

Yes and no,
It important to wash your face with at least warm water (not scalding hot-just a pleasant temperature) to open pores, then splash your fash with cold water when you've finished to close the pores again.

Speaking from personal experience when we have no hot water I find that cold doesn't really get my makeup off properly, and if i have to use cold for any period of time my skin gets worse.

#12 Wynne

Wynne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:39 AM

Pores don't open or close. They can get stretched out from gunk in them and if they don't stay gunked up they can shrink again.

Keeping the pores free of clogs makes them appear smaller, that's for sure.