Photo

Why masturbation MIGHT cause some acne!

zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
77 replies to this topic

#61 DuMaurier

DuMaurier

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2004 - 06:54 AM

Hogwash, frequent ejaculation does not cause acne. Acne was considered a telltale 'symptom' of a masturbator in the 19th and early 20th century. The notion that sexual activity causes acne has long since been discredited by science.

#62 nate_king1

nate_king1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2004 - 01:41 PM

Okay I am reading this and cannot make out anything. Can somebody just tell me if Masturbating DOES cause acne or if it is a false.

#63 flim flam

flim flam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2004 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE(Locnar @ Jun 8 2004, 10:28 AM)
About this issue I'm totally hostile. I've said that multiple times in my posts.

Locnar, the fact is you're just terrified that you might be wrong and that acne is indeed a holistic issue. You seem to think that the countless testimonials of people who have discovered a link in their own cases between diet, masturbation etc and acne is a massive internet conspiracy aimed at you personally rolleyes.gif

Okay I am reading this and cannot make out anything. Can somebody just tell me if Masturbating DOES cause acne or if it is a false.

Yes, in many cases, though not for everyone. Ejaculation temporarily boosts testosterone levels, raising DHT, causing the sebaceous glands to produce more oil, causing acne.

#64 duluxdog

duluxdog

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2004 - 03:08 PM

OMFG. I can't believe how many dumbasses have managed to cram themseleves into this one thread.

Seriously, Locnar is the only person making any sense around here. I once thought acne was related to masturbation, tried it out, and guess what? NOTHING HAPPENED. Then I come and read this and see some ass-knocker trying to convince people that all our diseases are somehow self-inflicted. AND, OMG, HE@S A MEDICALL STUEDNENT WE'D ALL bETTER BELIEVE HIM, OKAyt. SERIOUSLY, YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE AND KEEP AVOIDING SUPPLYING EVIDENCE SO NO-ONE IS GOING TO BELIEVE YOU OKAY? PLEASE SUPPLY SOME EVIDENCE OR SOMETHING.

#65 Oh No My Nutrients

Oh No My Nutrients

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2004 - 03:53 PM

Yea, the body is ALWAYS producing sperm. There is a sort-of bell curve to it, though, there is a place somewhere in the middle that the levels of hormones - hormones that also cause production of sebum, an excess of which clogs the sebaceous glands - peak. If you never do, then of course, those hormones won't be doing much work. If you wank all the time, your body is just gonna be too exhausted to produce anything (and your hand will be tired, too.)
All the latest toughs, you’ve got to shrug them off or shut them off.[/size]

#66 charly

charly

dirty chinstrap

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2004 - 04:42 PM

when will it end?

never.

#67 Monkeypie

Monkeypie

It's like dancing only better.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 12 June 2004 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(nate_king1 @ Jun 12 2004, 04:28 PM)

It does not.
Illusion is the first of all pleasures.
-Oscar Wilde

#68 Rossignol

Rossignol

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2004 - 05:37 PM

It does not.

lol.gif :clap:

I can't believe this thread is still going! At least the whole Locnar - Dudeman argument has stopped though... rolleyes.gif

#69 Lydia

Lydia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2004 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE(Rossignol @ Jun 13 2004, 12:24 AM)
It does not.

lol.gif :clap:

I can't believe this thread is still going! At least the whole Locnar - Dudeman argument has stopped though... rolleyes.gif

*Cue flim flam*

:doh:

#70 Image101

Image101

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:52 AM

I've heard ppl say that every time you jizz you lose zinc, but just so everyone knows that amount is in the MICROGRAMS, like less than 100 micrograms, so it doesn't matter at all.
Acne sux

#71 dudeman

dudeman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE(duluxdog @ Jun 12 2004, 02:55 PM)
OMFG.  I can't believe how many dumbasses have managed to cram themseleves into this one thread. 

Seriously, Locnar is the only person making any sense around here.  I once thought acne was related to masturbation, tried it out, and guess what?  NOTHING HAPPENED.  Then I come and read this and see some ass-knocker trying to convince people that all our diseases are somehow self-inflicted.  AND, OMG, HE@S A MEDICALL STUEDNENT WE'D ALL bETTER BELIEVE HIM, OKAyt.  SERIOUSLY, YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE AND KEEP AVOIDING SUPPLYING EVIDENCE SO NO-ONE IS GOING TO BELIEVE YOU OKAY?  PLEASE SUPPLY SOME EVIDENCE OR SOMETHING.

I never said masturbation causes acne in all people. It may have an effect on some people, but it's probably safe to say it has no effect on the average acne sufferer. All I know is that from a medical science stand-point, masturbation causes a usually mild surge of hormones and can deplete zinc levels in the body. However, what that exactly causes hasn't been studied yet, as far as I know.

The body is an extremely complicated organism with many variables between different people. If you break out after masturbating, don't do it as often. If not, then you're fine. It's simple really.
'Till you clear the inside you ain't gonna clear the outside.

#72 evigrex

evigrex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2004 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE(nate_king1 @ Jun 12 2004, 12:28 PM)

The only way masturbation could cause acne is by the release of adrenal
hormones due to over-exertion. Since masturbation rarely lasts
an extended amount of time, the chances are slim to none.
before you judge me take a look at you
can't you find something better to do
point the finger, slow to understand
arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

- Metallica, "holier than thou"

#73 Monkeypie

Monkeypie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE(dudeman @ Jun 22 2004, 03:04 PM)
QUOTE(duluxdog @ Jun 12 2004, 02:55 PM)
OMFG.  I can't believe how many dumbasses have managed to cram themseleves into this one thread. 

Seriously, Locnar is the only person making any sense around here.  I once thought acne was related to masturbation, tried it out, and guess what?  NOTHING HAPPENED.  Then I come and read this and see some ass-knocker trying to convince people that all our diseases are somehow self-inflicted.  AND, OMG, HE@S A MEDICALL STUEDNENT WE'D ALL bETTER BELIEVE HIM, OKAyt.  SERIOUSLY, YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE AND KEEP AVOIDING SUPPLYING EVIDENCE SO NO-ONE IS GOING TO BELIEVE YOU OKAY?  PLEASE SUPPLY SOME EVIDENCE OR SOMETHING.

I never said masturbation causes acne in all people. It may have an effect on some people, but it's probably safe to say it has no effect on the average acne sufferer. All I know is that from a medical science stand-point, masturbation causes a usually mild surge of hormones and can deplete zinc levels in the body. However, what that exactly causes hasn't been studied yet, as far as I know.

The body is an extremely complicated organism with many variables between different people. If you break out after masturbating, don't do it as often. If not, then you're fine. It's simple really.

But regular, two-people sex does NOT cause acne? How does that work?
-Oscar Wilde

#74 charly

charly

dirty chinstrap

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:57 PM

2004 & you all are guilty about masturbating

oh brother :hand:

#75 mischief2

mischief2

miss kitty fantastico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2004 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE(Monkeypie @ Jun 22 2004, 06:23 PM)
But regular, two-people sex does NOT cause acne?  How does that work?

Exactly what I was thinking. Also, from what I read here you're saying zinc is lost through semen. So, what about us girls? To state the obvious. Would masturbation only effect guys, then? :blink:
"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." - Sam Keen

#76 dw0725

dw0725

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2004 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE(mischief2 @ Jun 23 2004, 12:33 AM)
QUOTE(Monkeypie @ Jun 22 2004, 06:23 PM)
But regular, two-people sex does NOT cause acne?  How does that work?

Exactly what I was thinking. Also, from what I read here you're saying zinc is lost through semen. So, what about us girls? To state the obvious. Would masturbation only effect guys, then? :blink:

But if you think about a little, ive masterbated for almost like everyday during my period of when my puberty happened and hormones are already raging so i think that it never got to settle down and i am very deficient to zinc because of this.

I Have one question to people who think that masterbation is the cause of your acne... where do you get acne? because that one picture where it shows you about which organ controls which part of your face. it seem a bit true to me because i get acne on my jawlines and temples which is = to the sex organs. my forehead is clear because i drink so much water which is connected to the liver. so i guess i have an ok liver

#77 Monkeypie

Monkeypie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2004 - 10:44 AM

Masturbation does not cause acne. That's something repressed parents tell their children to get them to date rape someone before marriage.
-Oscar Wilde

#78 Guest_ObiWontonKenoli_*

Guest_ObiWontonKenoli_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 23 June 2004 - 11:29 AM

I personally think its unrelated (masturbation and acne).