Photo

Why masturbation MIGHT cause some acne!

zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
77 replies to this topic

#21 Lydia

Lydia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2004 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE(dudeman @ Jun 1 2004, 06:39 PM)

The simple fact of the matter is that if everyone had clean livers and other organs, ate healthfully, and exercised, THEY WOULDN'T HAVE ACNE. Aboriginal tribes, on their traditional diets, almost NEVER got acne. That cannot be ignored.

Yes, acne is a disease, but there are many diseases that are brought on by one's habits, knowingly or not.

I'm sorry, but what? And what about genetics and hormones? I'm sure a hell of a lot of people who have acne also have good healthy lifestyles and pretty 'clean' livers and organs. Saying ''most aboriginal tribes with traditional diets almost never got acne'' is not enough evidence to spout that kind of thing, whether you believe it or not.

#22 Rossignol

Rossignol

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 01 June 2004 - 12:24 PM

The simple fact of the matter is that if everyone had clean livers and other organs, ate healthfully, and exercised, THEY WOULDN'T HAVE ACNE.

It makes me angry when people spout such utter bollocks. How many people do you know who undoutedly have 'dirty' livers and other organs and yet have perfect skin? It is not 'our fault' for having acne - that is utterly ridiculous, particularly since the majority of people on this message board are living some of the healthiest lifestyles possible. Many of us regularly do liver flushes, exclude all manner of things from our diets, exercise frequently and only use all-natural skincare products in an effort to achieve our goal of clear skin or reduced scarring.
There is no denying that the things you mention can HELP acne, but there is no way you can make such a generalisation. You seem to have ignored the fact that everyone's bodies are different - sometimes, however 'healthfully' a person lives, they cannot wholly eliminate their acne.

Also, how can you reason that it is
It is our fault, but we're not aware of it.
? It may be someone's 'fault' if they get lung cancer after persistently smoking cigarettes that they knew could threaten their life, but I hardly see it as someone's 'fault' if they have acne which is - as your argument suggests - due to not flushing their liver (a procedure they may never have even heard about.)

Also, your argument is nullifed by the fact that you say 'eat healthfully' - I think the word you mean is HEALTHILY. I think you need to consider how healthy your argument might be to a person who has tried everything, including liver flushes and change of diet, in a futile attempt to rid themselves of acne. There are people like this out there, you know.

#23 Light

Light

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2004 - 05:10 PM

Hey comeon now chaps..

I have no doubt in my mind that there is a correlation between masturbation and acne. The scientific reason for this, doesn't really bother me.. what bothers me is ACNE..

From my own personal experience, holding back on masturbation (ie 1x / 2x per week instead of 7x per week), has quite significant effects on my skin - ... zinc defficiency / fluctuating hormone level, whatever... for me it doesn't need to be justified - though I guess it might for people who haven't yet tried holding back ...

Well all I can say is try it for a few weeks ( yeah i know it's hard !!! ) and see if there is any difference !!!

Oh and sorry for a somewhat garbled response it's 12:00 and I have work tommorow sad.gif

#24 Locnar

Locnar

Locnar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2004 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE(dudeman @ Jun 1 2004, 10:39 AM)
QUOTE(Locnar @ May 31 2004, 10:49 PM)
QUOTE(2ShyGuy2 @ May 30 2004, 07:35 PM)
Detective work? Desperation? I dunno what you all are doing, but i thought helping people out was the name of the game here?  I didnt write that to get bashed, and in fact thought that some people would be glad I did, and I hope they just havent responded.

I thought it was an interesting find since acne can be correlated with zinc and since some suggest masturbation causes THERE acne, i thought i would share.

Well, I see how much my post was appreciated, and since im almost clear for the first time in a LONG ASS TIME, i'll be sure and NOT share how I am doing it. 

2SG

People are bashing you because you are spreading the same old myths. You are make us with acne feel like it's our fault. It's a disease. It's not our fault for masturbating too much. You have no real evidence, you've just drawn some conclusions that I assume you have no training or qualifications to make.

That's why people are angry. Got it?

It is our fault, but we're not aware of it. There are things people ingest and do that cause acne, therefore making it our fault, harsh term though it may be.

It's not like we said "Ah hah, I'll do this so I get acne". But it doesn't diminish the fact that it IS due to our habits, whatever the triggers may be.

The simple fact of the matter is that if everyone had clean livers and other organs, ate healthfully, and exercised, THEY WOULDN'T HAVE ACNE. Aboriginal tribes, on their traditional diets, almost NEVER got acne. That cannot be ignored.

Yes, acne is a disease, but there are many diseases that are brought on by one's habits, knowingly or not.

You have no evidence to support any of your claims. All you want to do is blame us for our acne. "Your not eating x" "You don't flush your liver." Well I'm tired of it and I'm not taking it. It's a disease. Let's see some credible evidence about your "aboriginal" theory. :angry:

Don't listen to these people! It's not masturbation! It's a disease.

#25 dudeman

dudeman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2004 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE(Locnar @ Jun 2 2004, 10:38 AM)
QUOTE(dudeman @ Jun 1 2004, 10:39 AM)
QUOTE(Locnar @ May 31 2004, 10:49 PM)
QUOTE(2ShyGuy2 @ May 30 2004, 07:35 PM)
Detective work? Desperation? I dunno what you all are doing, but i thought helping people out was the name of the game here?  I didnt write that to get bashed, and in fact thought that some people would be glad I did, and I hope they just havent responded.

I thought it was an interesting find since acne can be correlated with zinc and since some suggest masturbation causes THERE acne, i thought i would share.

Well, I see how much my post was appreciated, and since im almost clear for the first time in a LONG ASS TIME, i'll be sure and NOT share how I am doing it. 

2SG

People are bashing you because you are spreading the same old myths. You are make us with acne feel like it's our fault. It's a disease. It's not our fault for masturbating too much. You have no real evidence, you've just drawn some conclusions that I assume you have no training or qualifications to make.

That's why people are angry. Got it?

It is our fault, but we're not aware of it. There are things people ingest and do that cause acne, therefore making it our fault, harsh term though it may be.

It's not like we said "Ah hah, I'll do this so I get acne". But it doesn't diminish the fact that it IS due to our habits, whatever the triggers may be.

You have no evidence to support any of your claims. All you want to do is blame us for our acne. "Your not eating x" "You don't flush your liver." Well I'm tired of it and I'm not taking it. It's a disease. Let's see some credible evidence about your "aboriginal" theory. :angry:

Don't listen to these people! It's not masturbation! It's a disease.

Aww, shut up man. I probably have had worse acne than half the people on this board. It's used to be all over my face. Now I just have red marks all over, and a few active ones. You make me sound like some kind of "outsider". Diet is the only thing that ever put a dent in my acne breakouts, and it's been true for thousands of other people as well.

Every disease is caused by something we did or are doing, unconsciously or not. It doesn't mean that it's people's "faults" if they get cancer, but something they did triggered the reaction or contributed to the chances of the reaction (smoking for example, in many cases of lung cancer). For me, the trigger was my diet and poor genes which allowed the bad diet to cause acne in my body.

As for the aboriginal theory, do some research on Dr. Prices studies. Or go to the Amazon rainforest and see for yourself.

#26 Rossignol

Rossignol

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2004 - 12:36 PM

Err...I'd just like to point out that aborigines do NOT live in the Amazon rainforest. :liar:
They live in Australia.

#27 agentcooper

agentcooper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2004 - 01:12 PM

what?! every disease is caused by something we did or are doing? oh man, that is sooooo stupid. i have endometriosis...that is a disease and quite an unpleasant one! there is absolutely nothing i can do, could have done, or could do to cure it. it is not hereditary. i was born with it. you are an idiot! don't spread lies like that you ass.

#28 Locnar

Locnar

Locnar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2004 - 02:39 PM

dudeman: Nothing you are saying has any scientific basis to it at all. You are uniformed and ignorant.

Where's the evidence for your claims? Put up or shut up.

I probably have had worse acne than half the people on this board.

What does this have to do with anything? That makes you an expert? How about we find someone with even WORSE acne, they must know way more than you.

EVIDENCE. Put up or shut up.

#29 dudeman

dudeman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2004 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE(Locnar @ Jun 2 2004, 02:26 PM)
dudeman: Nothing you are saying has any scientific basis to it at all. You are uniformed and ignorant. 

Where's the evidence for your claims? Put up or shut up.

I probably have had worse acne than half the people on this board.

What does this have to do with anything? That makes you an expert? How about we find someone with even WORSE acne, they must know way more than you.

EVIDENCE. Put up or shut up.

You seem to be terrible at interpreting posts. I told you to search for Dr. Price's excellent research on aboriginal cultures, the effects of their diets, and how it relates to the Western diet. I don't have time to find all the links for you. The man's research has a rather large following in the medical field. Myself being one of them. If you want evidence, you know the name. However, if you lack the resources to find the data, I can provide at least one link later.

Lydia: Hormonal imbalance is almost always liver/organs and diet related. One's genes are what make someone more susceptible to acne, as we all know. For instance, I have a sensitivity to eating too much refined sugars due to my genes, but my sister doesn't. That's why some people can eat total junk and never break out. I'd break out pretty bad if I ate, say, half a cake, where others would only break out a little.

Rossignal (sp?): One definition of aboriginal: 1. First; original; indigenous; primitive; native; as, the aboriginal tribes of America.

#30 Monkeypie

Monkeypie

It's like dancing only better.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2004 - 02:40 AM

Man, I'm glad I'm a woman. Masturbating gives me a healthy glow that improves my skin.

#31 agentcooper

agentcooper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2004 - 10:31 AM

so dudeman...nothing more to say about how "every disease is caused by the things we do"? yeah, maybe you figured out how much of a dumb ass you sounded like, and you decided not to elaborate on such an assinine statement.

well i'd just like to clarify that like endometriosis, acne is NOT caused by the things we do to ourselves. i will agree that diet has some effect on acne (even though it hasn't been proven) but some people get acne and some people don't. if diet was the only cause of acne, everyone who didn't eat well would have it. obviously some people are just born with the genes to get acne and some people aren't...before i had acne i could smear butter all over my face, and not shower for days, and eat whatever i wanted, and i never got a zit...then my hormones started kicking in and changing. now, i can't control my hormones by quitting smoking, doing liver cleanses, eating all the right foods, or anything short of hormone therapy. as long as my hormone are out of whack, i will keep getting acne...end of story.

#32 dudeman

dudeman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2004 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE(agentcooper @ Jun 3 2004, 10:18 AM)
so dudeman...nothing more to say about how "every disease is caused by the things we do"?  yeah, maybe you figured out how much of a dumb ass you sounded like, and you decided not to elaborate on such an assinine statement. 

well i'd just like to clarify that like endometriosis, acne is NOT caused by the things we do to ourselves.  i will agree that diet has some effect on acne (even though it hasn't been proven) but some people get acne and some people don't.  if diet was the only cause of acne, everyone who didn't eat well would have it.  obviously some people are just born with the genes to get acne and some people aren't...before i had acne i could smear butter all over my face, and not shower for days, and eat whatever i wanted, and i never got a zit...then my hormones started kicking in and changing.  now, i can't control my hormones by quitting smoking, doing liver cleanses, eating all the right foods, or anything short of hormone therapy.  as long as my hormone are out of whack, i will keep getting acne...end of story.

No, I still believe that, however I meant to say "most diseases" (I thought I did?) because obviously hereditary diseases and one's you're born with cannot be caused or triggered by one's habits.

Anyway doofus, if you actually read my posts you'd see that I said the same thing you did in your second paragraph. I said that it's genes that cause people to be susceptible to acne, and that's why some people can eat total junk and never get a spot. It's their genes. But they're still damaging themselves in other ways by eating like that.

However, almost every hormone imbalance outside of puberty, periods and menopause is caused by malfunctioning organs, which can only be permanently repaired through proper health and treatment. Diet is one aspect, exercise is another, and remedies such as liver/galbladder detox's are yet another. But do you think it's natural to have out of whack hormones? No. It's from generations of Westerners who have broken down the gene pool through poor eating, making every successive generation more and more vulnerable to the effects.

#33 agentcooper

agentcooper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2004 - 12:22 PM

o.k. don't call me a doofus because i have read your posts and i'm telling you right now that my endometreosis is not caused by genes from "generations of Westerners who have broken down the gene pool through poor eating." it just is. and endometreosis is what causes me to have messed up hormones...i know that it is caused by malfunctioning organs, but the only cure for endometreosis is a historectomy, and seeing as how i may still want to have kids that is not a viable option for me. so nothing i eat, cleanse, or do will help my acne because i will still have endometriosis...

#34 dudeman

dudeman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2004 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE(agentcooper @ Jun 3 2004, 12:09 PM)
o.k. don't call me a doofus because i have read your posts and i'm telling you right now that my endometreosis is not caused by genes from "generations of Westerners who have broken down the gene pool through poor eating."  it just is.  and endometreosis is what causes me to have messed up hormones...i know that it is caused by malfunctioning organs, but the only cure for endometreosis is a historectomy, and seeing as how i may still want to have kids that is not a viable option for me.  so nothing i eat, cleanse, or do will help my acne because i will still have endometriosis...

If you don't want me to call you a doofus, try being less hostile in your posts next time.

Anyway, I meant that generations of poor eating and the breakdown of genes have caused the genetic acne phenomenon, not the disease you have. I haven't yet studied endometreosis enough to make any statements about it in particular.

#35 agentcooper

agentcooper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2004 - 12:33 PM

maybe if you didn't make statements such as "Every disease is caused by something we did or are doing, unconsciously or not" i wouldn't be quite so hostile. it is just such a bitch having the disease and then to have someone say that it is my fault...well, it is upsetting.

#36 Locnar

Locnar

Locnar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2004 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE(dudeman @ Jun 3 2004, 11:12 AM)

Anyway, I meant that generations of poor eating and the breakdown of genes have caused the genetic acne phenomenon, not the disease you have. I haven't yet studied endometreosis enough to make any statements about it in particular.

Let's try this again. Do you have ANY credible evidence, training, or qualifications to lend any validity to the wild claims you make? Any at all? These are extreme claims. Extreme claims require a lot of evidence to back them up.

For one, I suspect you are just talking a bunch of theories with no credible evidence.

#37 ballaballa

ballaballa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2004 - 02:48 PM

If stress causes acne...and masturbation relieves stress...there should be no argument.

#38 dudeman

dudeman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2004 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE(Locnar @ Jun 3 2004, 01:33 PM)
QUOTE(dudeman @ Jun 3 2004, 11:12 AM)

Let's try this again. Do you have ANY credible evidence, training, or qualifications to lend any validity to the wild claims you make? Any at all? These are extreme claims. Extreme claims require a lot of evidence to back them up.

For one, I suspect you are just talking a bunch of theories with no credible evidence.

They aren't very extreme claims if you actually think about it. I'm a naturopathic medicine student who studies Western medicine as well. I'm currently a student and as such have no "qualifications", and no one is forcing you to believe what I'm saying. My knowledge at this time is based on my studies, first hand experience, and experience with other people. I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over it. I'm very busy during the day and I can only spend a few minutes here at a time.

If people actually got past their being offended and understood what I'm saying, they'd see that it's true. Genes have been deteriorating over the last few generations, and many MD's acknowledge that as well. Our bodies did not evolve to eat the junk that most people eat on a regular basis, and the genetic de-evolution of sorts has been causing the more-or-less modern phenomenon of genetic (and otherwise) obesity, acne and skin problems, liver toxicity and it's effects (including "depression"), and a myriad other ailments.

As for my comment about diseases, if you cared to look you'd see that I corrected myself by saying "most diseases", which is what I originally intended. We live in a universe based on "cause and affect" scientific principles, and as such, everything is caused by something. Be offended, be very offended.

#39 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2004 - 03:01 PM

That would mean that beating a punching bag (relieving stress) would cure our acne too. biggrin.gif

#40 ballaballa

ballaballa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2004 - 05:11 PM

maybe...never know :unsure: