Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2ShyGuy2

Why masturbation MIGHT cause some acne!

78 posts in this topic

I'm still back to extreme claims require extreme evidence. If your going to discount the whole of mainstream derms, then, in my opinion, you better have really good evidence to back it up.

You think your smarter, and know more than the entire medical community. That is a quite egotistical stance. If your going to stick your neck out that far, don't be surprised if you are called on it. You can't just discount a whole history of medical knowledge because your are a student who's read and studied a lot. It's foolish.

I consider you to be overconfident at best, and dangerous at worst. If you are going to try to lead people away from proven medical treatments, you could at least have the decency to provide a single SHRED of evidence.

Instead, you whine, piffle, moan and call names when someone has the audacity to ask for some proof when you crap all over all the dermotologist who are practicing. Did you think that you could fly directly in the face of current knowledge and NOONE would challenge you? Stop complaining about my "rude" attitude and try to understand what you are asking me to swallow.

I'm rude to you because that's all the respect you deserve.

Locnar

Reviled but not restrained.

I've had very bad luck with doctors. Dudeman, I hope you get your degree and help people.

Illusion is the first of all pleasures.

-Oscar Wilde

I'm still back to extreme claims require extreme evidence. If your going to discount the whole of mainstream derms, then, in my opinion, you better have really good evidence to back it up. 

You think your smarter, and know more than the entire medical community. That is a quite egotistical stance. If your going to stick your neck out that far, don't be surprised if you are called on it. You can't just discount a whole history of medical knowledge because your are a student who's read and studied a lot. It's foolish. 

I consider you to be overconfident at best, and dangerous at worst. If you are going to try to lead people away from proven medical treatments, you could at least have the decency to provide a single SHRED of evidence. 

Instead, you whine, piffle, moan and call names when someone has the audacity to ask for some proof when you crap all over all the dermotologist who are practicing. Did you think that you could fly directly in the face of current knowledge and NOONE would challenge you?  Stop complaining about my "rude" attitude and try to understand what you are asking me to swallow. 

I'm rude to you because that's all the respect you deserve.

'Till you clear the inside you ain't gonna clear the outside.

It is our fault, but we're not aware of it. There are things people ingest and do that cause acne, therefore making it our fault, harsh term though it may be.

It's not like we said "Ah hah, I'll do this so I get acne". But it doesn't diminish the fact that it IS due to our habits, whatever the triggers may be.

The simple fact of the matter is that if everyone had clean livers and other organs, ate healthfully, and exercised, THEY WOULDN'T HAVE ACNE. Aboriginal tribes, on their traditional diets, almost NEVER got acne. That cannot be ignored.

Yes, acne is a disease, but there are many diseases that are brought on by one's habits, knowingly or not.

Locnar

Locnar, you really do sound hostile. Relax, please.

-Oscar Wilde

It is our fault, but we're not aware of it. There are things people ingest and do that cause acne, therefore making it our fault, harsh term though it may be.

It's not like we said "Ah hah, I'll do this so I get acne". But it doesn't diminish the fact that it IS due to our habits, whatever the triggers may be.

The simple fact of the matter is that if everyone had clean livers and other organs, ate healthfully, and exercised, THEY WOULDN'T HAVE ACNE. Aboriginal tribes, on their traditional diets, almost NEVER got acne. That cannot be ignored.

Yes, acne is a disease, but there are many diseases that are brought on by one's habits, knowingly or not.

Your not asking me to swallow anything? Hmm. This post seems to me to indicate that you have an opinion about the cause of acne. It sure seems like you are making claims to me. So what gives, you were making claims but don't expect anyone to believe them?

The problem here is, you have NOTHING to back up these claims. Now you are trying to weasle out because someone has called you on it. You throw up smoke screens about my rudeness.

Let's make it simple:

1. In the above post, you make some extreme claims about the cause of acne. You basically go against current medical knowledge.

2. You repeatedly refuse to provide any evidence for your claims.

These are the facts and anything else you post is just smoke and mirrors intended to confuse this issue. It's not difficult. Make extreme claims:provide evidence.

Is that so hard?

If you don't want to provide evidence, than we can just conclude that you have non foundation for your claims. That's all I wanted to establish in the first place.

OMFG you might be on to something. I started to get bad acne the first time I wacked off, I cannot be sure but this might be true. So I will have to stop with it, All together sad.gif

Locnar, you really do sound hostile.  Relax, please.

Locnar

Dudeman: I UNDERSTAND where you are coming from, I just think you are TOTALLY WRONG. Don't confuse disagreement for misunderstanding.

You did just what "alternative" people do when asked to produce evidence. You've whined, stalled, attacked the inquisitor, name-called, everything except produce any damn evidence. Now you will use your pithy goodbyes and run away with your tail between your legs.

There is no evidence to back up what you say. That's at least, is obvious.

Locnar

Dudeman: I UNDERSTAND where you are coming from, I just think you are TOTALLY WRONG. Don't confuse disagreement for misunderstanding. 

You did just what "alternative" people do when asked to produce evidence. You've whined, stalled, attacked the inquisitor, name-called, everything except produce any damn evidence. Now you will use your pithy goodbyes and run away with your tail between your legs. 

There is no evidence to back up what you say. That's at least, is obvious.

Hogwash, frequent ejaculation does not cause acne. Acne was considered a telltale 'symptom' of a masturbator in the 19th and early 20th century. The notion that sexual activity causes acne has long since been discredited by science.

Okay I am reading this and cannot make out anything. Can somebody just tell me if Masturbating DOES cause acne or if it is a false.

OMFG. I can't believe how many dumbasses have managed to cram themseleves into this one thread.

Seriously, Locnar is the only person making any sense around here. I once thought acne was related to masturbation, tried it out, and guess what? NOTHING HAPPENED. Then I come and read this and see some ass-knocker trying to convince people that all our diseases are somehow self-inflicted. AND, OMG, HE@S A MEDICALL STUEDNENT WE'D ALL bETTER BELIEVE HIM, OKAyt. SERIOUSLY, YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE AND KEEP AVOIDING SUPPLYING EVIDENCE SO NO-ONE IS GOING TO BELIEVE YOU OKAY? PLEASE SUPPLY SOME EVIDENCE OR SOMETHING.

Yea, the body is ALWAYS producing sperm. There is a sort-of bell curve to it, though, there is a place somewhere in the middle that the levels of hormones - hormones that also cause production of sebum, an excess of which clogs the sebaceous glands - peak. If you never do, then of course, those hormones won't be doing much work. If you wank all the time, your body is just gonna be too exhausted to produce anything (and your hand will be tired, too.)

All the latest toughs, you’ve got to shrug them off or shut them off.

Okay I am reading this and cannot make out anything. Can somebody just tell me if Masturbating DOES cause acne or if it is a false.

-Oscar Wilde

It does not.

lol.gif:clap:

I can't believe this thread is still going! At least the whole Locnar - Dudeman argument has stopped though... rolleyes.gif

I've heard ppl say that every time you jizz you lose zinc, but just so everyone knows that amount is in the MICROGRAMS, like less than 100 micrograms, so it doesn't matter at all.

Acne sux

OMFG.  I can't believe how many dumbasses have managed to cram themseleves into this one thread. 

Seriously, Locnar is the only person making any sense around here.  I once thought acne was related to masturbation, tried it out, and guess what?  NOTHING HAPPENED.  Then I come and read this and see some ass-knocker trying to convince people that all our diseases are somehow self-inflicted.  AND, OMG, HE@S A MEDICALL STUEDNENT WE'D ALL bETTER BELIEVE HIM, OKAyt.  SERIOUSLY, YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE AND KEEP AVOIDING SUPPLYING EVIDENCE SO NO-ONE IS GOING TO BELIEVE YOU OKAY?  PLEASE SUPPLY SOME EVIDENCE OR SOMETHING.

before you judge me take a look at you

can't you find something better to do

point the finger, slow to understand

arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

- Metallica, "holier than thou"

OMFG.  I can't believe how many dumbasses have managed to cram themseleves into this one thread. 

Seriously, Locnar is the only person making any sense around here.  I once thought acne was related to masturbation, tried it out, and guess what?  NOTHING HAPPENED.  Then I come and read this and see some ass-knocker trying to convince people that all our diseases are somehow self-inflicted.  AND, OMG, HE@S A MEDICALL STUEDNENT WE'D ALL bETTER BELIEVE HIM, OKAyt.  SERIOUSLY, YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE AND KEEP AVOIDING SUPPLYING EVIDENCE SO NO-ONE IS GOING TO BELIEVE YOU OKAY?  PLEASE SUPPLY SOME EVIDENCE OR SOMETHING.

I never said masturbation causes acne in all people. It may have an effect on some people, but it's probably safe to say it has no effect on the average acne sufferer. All I know is that from a medical science stand-point, masturbation causes a usually mild surge of hormones and can deplete zinc levels in the body. However, what that exactly causes hasn't been studied yet, as far as I know.

The body is an extremely complicated organism with many variables between different people. If you break out after masturbating, don't do it as often. If not, then you're fine. It's simple really.

-Oscar Wilde

2004 & you all are guilty about masturbating

oh brother :hand:

But regular, two-people sex does NOT cause acne?  How does that work?

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." - Sam Keen