Photo

Why masturbation MIGHT cause some acne!

zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
77 replies to this topic

#1 2ShyGuy2

2ShyGuy2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2004 - 02:59 PM

Ok, so my mom has a health and wellness book from college (its only about 6 years old) so I decided to look some stuff up in it.

I looked up Zinc and found out something interesting. First it said that 15mg a day is recommended, for a daily dose, but that more will be needed to fight acne.

Ok, so how does masturbation play a role in this? Well, Zinc is taken in through food but it is not all absorbed, some is lost through various ways (it listed like 5 or 6 ways it exits the body) and one way was through SEMEN!! So, if you are already Zinc deficient, or are even taking 15-30 mg of zinc a day, but are whacking off 3-4 times a week, you could not be getting enough.

Of course, this is just my theory, but put 2 and 2 together and well, its kinda obvious.

2SG

#2 Guest_Brandon_*

Guest_Brandon_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 30 May 2004 - 03:32 PM

So take a sperm sample and see how much zinc is in it, Mr. Wizard.

#3 smacks487

smacks487

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2004 - 03:59 PM

my body produces semen
i'm a male so i guess it's ok

#4 Frozenblizz

Frozenblizz

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2004 - 08:17 PM

Whew sweet jesus, this detective work is really getting down to desperation.

#5 2ShyGuy2

2ShyGuy2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2004 - 08:48 PM

Detective work? Desperation? I dunno what you all are doing, but i thought helping people out was the name of the game here? I didnt write that to get bashed, and in fact thought that some people would be glad I did, and I hope they just havent responded.

I thought it was an interesting find since acne can be correlated with zinc and since some suggest masturbation causes THERE acne, i thought i would share.

Well, I see how much my post was appreciated, and since im almost clear for the first time in a LONG ASS TIME, i'll be sure and NOT share how I am doing it.

2SG

#6 dudeman

dudeman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2004 - 09:57 PM

Masturbation can indeed cause hormonal flare ups depending on the frequency and possibly duration of it. It's pretty much scientifically proven, I believe. And as we all know, hormonal flare ups are what cause acne, and zinc is a regulator of organ health and hormonal balance.

#7 torbosk

torbosk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 31 May 2004 - 03:01 AM

Yeah, i've read that too 2shyguy. It seems logical. Zinc helps to construct new cells (like sperm cells). smile.gif
I just guess that some guys are a little cranky when it comes down on their daily habits...

How did you get clear by the way???

#8 mr.peabody

mr.peabody

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2004 - 04:27 AM

If you're really worried about this, then you can take zinc supplements to boost your zinc levels, and saw palmetto extract to even out your hormones. I took zinc for a while because I was told it would help, but I think it just made me a lot worse. I'd say just don't worry about it. If you have acne then the cause lies elsewhere. Other things in your life may have an effect, but you can't possibly find or control all of them, and also, since acne is adaptive and has many influencing factors, what is true today may not be true tomorrow. Try to deal with your acne by taking positive steps rather than by trying to second guess things you do in your life.

#9 Keats

Keats

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 31 May 2004 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE(torbosk @ May 31 2004, 02:48 AM)
Yeah, i've read that too 2shyguy. It seems logical. Zinc helps to construct new cells (like sperm cells).  smile.gif
I just guess that some guys are a little cranky when it comes down on their daily habits...

You mean that taking zinc tablets can raise your spermproduction? smile.gif

#10 Badass912

Badass912

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2004 - 07:34 AM

yea taking zinc increases your loads (I'm serious).......

...anyway that's interesting how zinc could help with acne, but I heard too much could raise your chances of testicular cancer? how much is too much?

#11 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 31 May 2004 - 07:56 AM

A safe and effective amount of zinc is around 50mg, and you should never exceed 100mg. You should also look into taking copper supplements, as high intakes of zinc decreases your copper stores...or something to that effect. Look it up!

#12 Lydia

Lydia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2004 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE(torbosk @ May 31 2004, 09:48 AM)

He's angry now and he won't tell us sad.gif

#13 Sam The Man

Sam The Man

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2004 - 09:54 AM

This is a good excuse if you don't wanna have sex with your wife. "I'm sorry darling, getting horny causes a hormonal flare up and I'll get zits."
I think I'll have to start wearing some kind of blinders. If I see women with push-up bras my testosterone levels might skyrocket.

#14 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2004 - 11:56 AM

Are you being sarcastic?? user posted image

The choice between sex and clear skin. Tough one. user posted image

#15 Sam The Man

Sam The Man

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2004 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE(jc @ May 31 2004, 08:43 PM)
Are you being sarcastic?? 

I need some kind of sarcastic smiley here, because I'm a very sarcastic person by nature. Sorry about that. :redface2:

This is pretty good : rolleyes.gif

#16 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2004 - 12:21 PM

[sarcasm]I knew you were being sarcastic. Just as I was being sarcastic.[/sarcasm]

That's a good way too. wink.gif

#17 2ShyGuy2

2ShyGuy2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2004 - 12:48 PM

I'm not really upset. I just hate that so many here are trying to help others by taking time out of their schedule to do research just to be criticised or bashed on what they've posted.

I will tell you how i am BECOMING clear, as I am not fully clear yet. The stuff I've been doing ive only been doing for 2 weeks, but my results are very good. I expect and hope to see even more results in the few weeks to come, so I kind of wanted to wait till I shared so that i wasn't knocking on wood.

2 Keep it short and precise, here is all that I have been doing:

1.) apply 75% camphor/25% olive oil mix twice daily (morning and night).
2.) Glucomannan pills before EVERY meal.

Those are the only 2 things that i have been doing and my results are quite good. I had a BAD breakout of about 10-15 new pimples right before i started so my results probably arent as good as they could be since my face is still healing. But, I'm hoping that the next week even i'll be about 80% clear with mostly red marks.

Again, its still early to report, but I wanted to share since ive seen a vast improvement in my face. I hope to report back soon with even better results..

2SG

#18 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2004 - 12:49 PM

Are you using the camphor oil to help with demodex mites? Or for something else? :think:

#19 Locnar

Locnar

Locnar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2004 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE(2ShyGuy2 @ May 30 2004, 07:35 PM)
Detective work? Desperation? I dunno what you all are doing, but i thought helping people out was the name of the game here?  I didnt write that to get bashed, and in fact thought that some people would be glad I did, and I hope they just havent responded.

I thought it was an interesting find since acne can be correlated with zinc and since some suggest masturbation causes THERE acne, i thought i would share.

Well, I see how much my post was appreciated, and since im almost clear for the first time in a LONG ASS TIME, i'll be sure and NOT share how I am doing it. 

2SG

People are bashing you because you are spreading the same old myths. You are make us with acne feel like it's our fault. It's a disease. It's not our fault for masturbating too much. You have no real evidence, you've just drawn some conclusions that I assume you have no training or qualifications to make.

That's why people are angry. Got it?

#20 dudeman

dudeman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2004 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE(Locnar @ May 31 2004, 10:49 PM)
QUOTE(2ShyGuy2 @ May 30 2004, 07:35 PM)
Detective work? Desperation? I dunno what you all are doing, but i thought helping people out was the name of the game here?  I didnt write that to get bashed, and in fact thought that some people would be glad I did, and I hope they just havent responded.

2SG

People are bashing you because you are spreading the same old myths. You are make us with acne feel like it's our fault. It's a disease. It's not our fault for masturbating too much. You have no real evidence, you've just drawn some conclusions that I assume you have no training or qualifications to make.

That's why people are angry. Got it?

It is our fault, but we're not aware of it. There are things people ingest and do that cause acne, therefore making it our fault, harsh term though it may be.

It's not like we said "Ah hah, I'll do this so I get acne". But it doesn't diminish the fact that it IS due to our habits, whatever the triggers may be.

The simple fact of the matter is that if everyone had clean livers and other organs, ate healthfully, and exercised, THEY WOULDN'T HAVE ACNE. Aboriginal tribes, on their traditional diets, almost NEVER got acne. That cannot be ignored.

Yes, acne is a disease, but there are many diseases that are brought on by one's habits, knowingly or not.