Photo

How much fruit should you really eat?

red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#21 aanabill

aanabill

Sad has made me value happy!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

i have an apple and a cucumber along with a side dish of dal(lentils as a source of protein) and my lemon green tea as breakfast.(i get up pretty late and these are enough for me).

i also have one serving(or less) of papaya or any other fruit like water watermelon or lichi sometimes.

a nutritionist once said that fruits in breakfast(within 20 mins after u wake up) is healthy.probably because they help take in maximum vitamins from them.

if u have insulin issues u can take cinnamon along with it.or just sprinkle it.

personally i have the tea 1st,then fruits and than dal.

i dont have cinnamon along with it and no,it does not seem to give me any problem.

i also dont have issues with rice so fruit compared to that is slight.

although i try having cinnamon after meals but even if i skip i dont think its a great deal FOR ME.

#22 ibiza1987

ibiza1987

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

Well I have had acne for 20 years now, have always been a massive fan of fruit however I can't say it's helped my skin at all. But then because I've always eaten it, who knows what my skin would have been like had I not eaten it?

But right now, I am having between 5-10 pieces of fruit and veg per day. Every morning I make myself a smoothie for breakfast which contains at least 4 pieces, then have more fruit and veg plus salad with my dinner, some of it being the so called 'superfood' fruit and veg. Makes me so upset that I eat so well but my skin is in this state, yet some people I know don't even buy fruit and veg and their skin is fine!!! Argh, what the hell :(

#23 TreatAcne

TreatAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 49
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:14 AM

Personally I eat fresh blueberries, strawberries, apples (usually sour green), and plums. Every now and then I'll have a banana.

Fruit obviously comes with a variety of different sugars and nutrients. Fructose may be an issue for the gut, where as banana's may be an issue for the Glycemic Index/Glycemic Load. Then there's the nutrients in fruit that HELP acne, but MAY be aggravating your digestive system, such as your stomach or gut. My aunt can't eat oranges because they give her a kind of acid reflux feeling, and people with gut issues may benefit from not eating fruits and vegetables with fructose in them:

http://www.eat-real-...and-fodmap.html

However, there are so many things to take into consideration, and not everyone is the same. ONE fruit can fall into 10 different categories, both good and bad depending on what you're looking for. Some people benefit from 5 servings of fruit a day, and some don't eat any fruit at all. Ideally, I would start off with just one or two a day, then increase or decrease at your own preference.

Edited by TreatAcne, 25 May 2013 - 07:15 AM.

#24 stellamarch16

stellamarch16

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:57 AM

Frankly speaking, 5-6 pieces of different colored fruits a day is more than enough. Similarly with veggies it is the same. Yes it’s true that certain fruits have really high level of sugar and fruits in general anyway have fructose, but unlike regular sugar fructose isn’t harmful. 

#25 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

Frankly speaking, 5-6 pieces of different colored fruits a day is more than enough. Similarly with veggies it is the same. Yes its true that certain fruits have really high level of sugar and fruits in general anyway have fructose, but unlike regular sugar fructose isnt harmful. 

Fructose is harmful. You don't want to consume too much. Also, 'regular' sugar, sucrose, is half fructose. Most fruits are half fructose, but the ratio varies.

Edited by alternativista, 02 June 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#26 tommyhaynes96

tommyhaynes96

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

I eat lots of fruits, in fact, probably more than normal, because I was told by a qualified nutritionist that the sugars or rather fructose present in fruits actually isn't harmful in any way, be it for acne or otherwise. 

#27 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:41 AM

I eat lots of fruits, in fact, probably more than normal, because I was told by a qualified nutritionist that the sugars or rather fructose present in fruits actually isn't harmful in any way, be it for acne or otherwise. 

Well, that is untrue. The rapidly growing occurrence of Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver disease is caused by fructose.  Researchers use fructose to induce insulin resistance and thus type II diabetes.  Fructose fuels tumor growth.

The fruit juices and high fructose corn syrup in processed foods and drinks are the culprits for most people, but it isn't impossible to get too much from fruit.

And now, nutritionists recommend people use Agave Nectar which is pure fructose as a sweetener which is really bad advice.

Edited by alternativista, 06 June 2013 - 06:42 AM.

#28 janetjoseph67

janetjoseph67

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

I believe too much of a good thing can also be bad for you. So everything in moderation is good and this also applies to healthy stuff like fruits and veggies. 

#29 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

I believe too much of a good thing can also be bad for you. So everything in moderation is good and this also applies to healthy stuff like fruits and veggies. 

I agree, but what is defined as moderation. 

For example, I have read from some people that they think its okay to eat 4-5 bananas a day. While others believe you should it 3-4 bananas a week

#30 aanabill

aanabill

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

even 3-4 is not right.

one or two banana is enough to make a normal person full keeping fruit snack in mind.

plus u should add differnt fruits.not just one kind.

like one medium apple,one medium cucumber along with 4-5 lichish should be good for me as my breakfast.

i wnt need my lentils as well.

just an example.

#31 nakedsmurf

nakedsmurf

Been there done that.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

I just ate a full papaya with whip cream.

#32 aanabill

aanabill

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

papaya is good for skin in general for its hormone.which makes skin healthy,shiny and young-looking.

whip cream?!

r u okay with dairy?

#33 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

That sounds horrid. 

#34 nakedsmurf

nakedsmurf

Been there done that.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

That sounds horrid. 

It was a small one not the huge ones.
My acne is very light and I know food or dairy doesn't affect me at all. I'm trying to gain weight so am eating as much calories as I can.

#35 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

That sounds horrid. 

It was a small one not the huge ones.
My acne is very light and I know food or dairy doesn't affect me at all. I'm trying to gain weight so am eating as much calories as I can.

I'm talking about the combination of whipped cream on papaya.