#1 TheChadian

TheChadian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:36 AM

Hi
Picture_0000.jpg Picture_0002.jpg
I hope you can take a look at the pictures. This is a huge site and there's a lot of facial acne threads and teenagers, those threads aren't really for me so please help out.

I'm a 24 year old male. When I was 18 I got my first big acne cyst and it has never stopped since.
In my early teens my skin was great, I only had the occasional standard pimple in the face, never elsewhere though.

Breakouts have gone off and on, sometimes the acne has almost completely cleared.

I have tried benzoyl peroxide gel and some salicylic acid shower gel thing about a year ago and it only aggravated outbreaks. I've tried taking sun, it made things worse aswell.

As being new to the forum, I hope someone who knows their way around could be so nice and point me in direction of relevant threads, or regimens that might be helpful for this kind of acne

I have acne primarily in the center of the chest (I call it "the battleground" biggrin.gif). It has expanded some new places the last month. I also have off and on on shoulders and back ("gathering of the hordes"). Sometimes in face, but it's totally different up there. It's almost never lower than nipple-height on either side. The acne starts deep within the skin mostly and leaves scars. I don't really care about scars that much but I want to rid it once and for all.

Any threads, regimens or links that might help or educate me I'd be lovingly thankful for.

#2 White Fox

White Fox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:32 AM

To be honest you should just go for Accutane at once!

I have very similar acne on the chest and shoulders. I'm trying Sea Salt Baths at the moment.

#3 Want2bgorgeous

Want2bgorgeous

On the quest for clear skin....the ultimate basis of beauty!

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:The Jonas Brothers, animals, reading, writing for fun, socializing, volunteering anywhere pretty much, playing piano and organ, meeting new people, talking and hearing other people's stories. I also love online forums, music, I love to give advice (even though its not that good sometimes), going to church (catholic), I've been a vegetarian since Val day of 2008 or so and I love it, prolife (VERY into this) etc.<br /><br />I can't wait to meet you!

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:23 AM

awwh I'm sorry!! I have the same problem, except I have more, and it's spread out, it's not all in on 'battleground' area biggrin.gif

I was suggested on MUA (makeupalley.com) to use a Dove beauty bar for sensitive skin, or on here there are numerous threads on how to use Head&shoulers (Yes, the shampoo!) the original type.

Best of luck with it!

#4 Exxo

Exxo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:16 PM

I think I can help a lot, but I need to ask some questions first.....

Do you drink sodas, lots of store bought fruit juices, or sugared drinks of any kind?

Do you eat candies/chocolates?

Do you drink a lot of milk?

Do you smoke cigs, or smoke weed (vaporization is fine)?

Do you have a stressful lifestyle?

What does your diet look like?

What's your water consumption look like?

Do you eat a lot of meat?

Be honest here.......

#5 H&S!

H&S!

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:22 AM

Hi there...

I'm 23, mine was almost as bad, and head and shoulders cleared it up....except for the scars :S

#6 TheChadian

TheChadian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:30 AM

Wow, thanks a lot for replies, I am very glad to receive help and feedback. I'm sorry I haven't followed up on this thread sooner. I'll look into what was mentioned

Head and shoulders ? Sounds pretty interesting I guess smile.gif more info ? I'll look for some of that it's atleast an easily accessible product

Exxo, here are my replies:

Do you drink sodas, lots of store bought fruit juices, or sugared drinks of any kind?
Yes I drink around 2 cans/bottles a week on average

Do you eat candies/chocolates?
Yes let's say 2 chocolate bars a week or equivalent

Do you drink a lot of milk?
I drink around 4 glasses a week. Note to say, I didn't drink milk or eat eggs for like 3 years and I still had as bad acne

Do you smoke cigs, or smoke weed (vaporization is fine)?
I did smoke a lot, weed is in the past. I stopped smoking, atleast daily, around 2 years ago. I smoke around 5 cigs per month on average.

Do you have a stressful lifestyle?
I can't say I do apart from a little "internal stress" in my head now and then smile.gif

What does your diet look like?
Bread with varied stuff, meat, salads jam whatever, eggs sometimes for breakfast. The same for lunch. Dinner is usually some kind of meat with vegetables. Supper on occasion, similar to breakfast/lunch or I make some cheese sandwich thing.

What's your water consumption look like?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, I think I drink around 2-3L a day or 2-3/4 gallon, that is pure water not including coffee or milk etc

Do you eat a lot of meat?
I eat meat whenever I have the chance and I love it biggrin.gif

I must mention I am trying some antibiotics now, it's erythromycin, been on it for a couple of days. I'm not too optimistic, I know well what will happen when the bacteria develops resistance.

#7 H&S!

H&S!

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:44 AM

hi again...

yes head and shoulders cleared me up in about three weeks...after about 6 years of benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, tea tree oil, vitamin e, etc. etc. etc. i use the classic clean twice a day...apply, let it dry, and shower off.

good luck!

#8 TheChadian

TheChadian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

I'm giving it a go, read so much positive about it. I applied some couple of hours ago let it work for some minutes and rinsed off. Some skin has started to peel (already), dunno if that's good or bad but we'll see smile.gif

I'm going to the African desert for 6 months soon, the air will be really dry and temperatures insane biggrin.gif I hope that somehow the climate will have positive effect on my skin!

#9 phate

phate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:19 AM

Accutane. My bacne was worse, now its nearly healed.

Best decision i ever made, and wish I made it when I was 20.

#10 Limbodance

Limbodance

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:11 AM

Hello,

I suffered with facial acne and worse cystic shoulder acne for 7 years before I realized there was no other salicylic acid/benzoyl perozide/antibiotics even birth control did not help my acne, which apparently does for some females. The ONLY thing that has gotten rid of it was accutane. Especially with back/shoulder chest acne which takes longer to clear, even on the accutane. If you have some cash or insurance to get a prescription, go get it and you will be acne free in a few months. It is possible some people may need to do 2 courses of it (like myself) but I was completely clear for at least a year and half before I needed it again. As long as you take your monthly bloodwork and check in with doc once a month, you will be fine. I think that accutane is given a very bad rep, but really everyone I've ever spoken to has suffered, dry lips at most, but for me small price to pay. Good Luck smile.gif

#11 laura.G

laura.G

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (TheChadian @ Apr 17 2009, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi
Picture_0000.jpg Picture_0002.jpg
I hope you can take a look at the pictures. This is a huge site and there's a lot of facial acne threads and teenagers, those threads aren't really for me so please help out.

I'm a 24 year old male. When I was 18 I got my first big acne cyst and it has never stopped since.
In my early teens my skin was great, I only had the occasional standard pimple in the face, never elsewhere though.

Breakouts have gone off and on, sometimes the acne has almost completely cleared.

I have tried benzoyl peroxide gel and some salicylic acid shower gel thing about a year ago and it only aggravated outbreaks. I've tried taking sun, it made things worse aswell.

As being new to the forum, I hope someone who knows their way around could be so nice and point me in direction of relevant threads, or regimens that might be helpful for this kind of acne

I have acne primarily in the center of the chest (I call it "the battleground" biggrin.gif). It has expanded some new places the last month. I also have off and on on shoulders and back ("gathering of the hordes"). Sometimes in face, but it's totally different up there. It's almost never lower than nipple-height on either side. The acne starts deep within the skin mostly and leaves scars. I don't really care about scars that much but I want to rid it once and for all.

Any threads, regimens or links that might help or educate me I'd be lovingly thankful for.

try using vinegar i heard it works wonders for ppl i have pimples on my back and chest it doesnt look the same but im actually starting the vinegar treatment today.

#12 brookebabe

brookebabe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2009 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (TheChadian @ Apr 19 2009, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I must mention I am trying some antibiotics now, it's erythromycin, been on it for a couple of days. I'm not too optimistic, I know well what will happen when the bacteria develops resistance.

You may want to try some Clindamyacin (sp) oinment and putting some Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) on top of that. Or try benzamyacin which is close to the same thing (antibiotic and BP combo). YOu need Rx for these things.) It will help things clear faster. Also, try washing with PanOxyl bar, put it on and leave it on while you shower then rinse it off. You can find this at any drug store in the acne treatment section. I get mine at Walmart.

I have been doing this regimen for about 2 yrs now and only get maybe a spot or two a month on my back. ( When I first started I had probably 50 nasty spots. It was horrible). You have to be vigilant about it though. Don't skip days. IF it seems to be too irritating, then maybe skip it for a day or two but basically you would want to do it everyday if possible. The BP will bleach fabrics so either just wear it at night with an old shirt over it, or wear an undershirt under your clothes.

Honestly you really should just bite the bullet and see a dermatologist. There is no reason for you to have to live with that acne when you have options. Best of luck to you!!

#13 Waremole43

Waremole43

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:52 PM

Shoulder Acne. Clearly your fit to fight.

#14 youyesyou

youyesyou

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:23 AM

If you find that your torso (chest, shoulders, back) gets incredibly oily by the end of the day, daily gentle exfoliation could help to significantly lessen the amount of acne you get on those areas. It definitely did wonders for me.

#15 iSpillTheBeans

iSpillTheBeans

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:15 PM

Ouch. Your acne looks really painful. I suggest considering Accutane.

#16 Dan27

Dan27

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:31 PM

I have acne very similar to this in the middle of my chest. I get bigs cysts that can last over a month and then red/purple marks afterwards that take months to fade sad.gif

BP doesnt seem to do much for it, Im on antibiotics whilst I wait to be seen by a dermatologist who will hopefully give me accutane.

Its so annoying, so painful, and whenever i think about it my mood plummets. I work out and im in good shape but i cant ever take my top off because of this shit.

Just praying i will get the accutane and itll sort it out, cos ive had it for about 4 months now sad.gif

I'll let you know how the accutane goes

#17 Dzlkhryce

Dzlkhryce

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:10 AM

Noticed you're thinking about Accutane. I did a six month regimine of Accutane. No side effects as they predicted (dry eyes, dry nose... basically dry everything). Flawless skin while on it. Once off the tane, acne came back same as before. Was told by dermatologist that sometimes it takes a second round for it to take effect. Wish they had told me that before I went on it the first time! Well, long story short, he wouldn't do a second round with me because of the potential liver problems that come with Accutane. Fortuanately for me, 6 years after the fact I don't seem to have suffered any ill effects from the drug... but I have not benefitted from it either! So, I would say, look elsewhere before putting your liver through the ringer with no guarantee that you'll be acne-free at the end of it. Not worth it. I heard great things from people about Accutane... "never had another pimple after..." but as with any drug, what works for some doesn't always work for another. Best of luck!

QUOTE (Want2bgorgeous @ Apr 18 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
awwh I'm sorry!! I have the same problem, except I have more, and it's spread out, it's not all in on 'battleground' area biggrin.gif

I was suggested on MUA (makeupalley.com) to use a Dove beauty bar for sensitive skin, or on here there are numerous threads on how to use Head&shoulers (Yes, the shampoo!) the original type.

Best of luck with it!