4 replies to this topic

#1 precision response

precision response

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2004 - 05:58 AM

Hey guys,

Started the regimen a few weeks ago and so far so good i sopose. But i am very keen on taking some vitamins to help my cause to get clear skin!

First off, im not the healthiest eater, i dont eat loads of junk food or anything, i just dont think i eat much healthy stuff. I am also a vegetarian, so sometimes i feel i lack something, probably protein and iron. So i mite invest in some protein shakes (whey?) and some iron defficiancy pills.

Other than that, i often get scab like things on my face where a pimple has been and the skin is still irritated. I feel that when i put the BP on it dries my skin up, when the pimple is no longer active, and takes the 'wound' longer to heal as there is barely any moisture there.

ANYWAY, what pills do you guys reccommend i take? Im deffinately gonna start taking some zinc pills, maybe 50mgs (+)? what else? Flaxseed oil? maybe some vitamins E, A and B? How about a multi? Are there vitamins or minerals i shouldd avoid? I really have no idea what pills i need to take to help improve my skin and overall health! and how much of each vitamin? Advice or suggesttions would be great! or maybe a link on vitamins and acne? Thank you very much guys!

PS. i relise that by taking some vitamin pills, it will not replace a proper diet! Thanks again.

#2 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2004 - 08:42 AM

Zinc 50mg is a good start. Try taking 25mg in the morning and 25 at night. Also dont go for flaxseed oil, instead get a complete EFA. EFA contains omega 3-6-9. When taking EFA's also make sure you take a B complex vitamin. I heard it really helps EFA's (lets it have its fullest effect).Take 3-4 1000mg a day of EFAs. Vitamin E, you take two, 400iu a day. Make sure you get vitamin e that says "as natural d-alpha -tocopherol). It would say it on the back. Two 500mgs of vitamin C a day. That would be a good start. I also take garden of life probiotics (good bacteria), a liver support pill, and a digestive enzyme after meals.

#3 hobo2alpha

hobo2alpha

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2004 - 01:53 PM

http://www.3.waisays.com/

that is an interesting link.

#4 precision response

precision response

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2004 - 06:06 AM

thanks. anyone else care to share some suggestions! thanks!

#5 precision response

precision response

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2004 - 06:22 AM

*BUMP*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users