Photo

Man in the Mirror: Pre and Post Subcision Photos

subcision tca

Best Answer alex13, 07 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

Hey guys, I have had a pretty nasty acne since age 14 (the worst - cystic acne) and now it seems I managed to reduce it to one or two pimples (no milk, no cow products, no sugar or spicy foods) :(. I am 22 now I got a few nasty scars and dont know how to get rid of them. I didn`t read all your thread but I want some expert advice from you !

In my country - romania - we don`t have lots of options for acne scar treatments and the one that are available are very expensive, but I want to try one of these :

1. Microdermabrasion with cristals

2. Microdermabrasion with diamonds

They say it would help a lot, the one with diamonds seems to be better. What do you guys think ? should I give money for something like that ? and also, is there any cream that I should search for ? or maybe some natural stuff that I can eat ? however the scars are pretty old , 7 years old and i don`t know if anything internally would change them. Please respond with your info ! I really need it.

I aprecciate a lot, Alex

Go to the full post

406 replies to this topic

#401 MissBiscuit

MissBiscuit

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:51 AM

Hey, I hope that you become a dermatologist and then you can perform subcision and other acne scar treatments on patients. rolleyes.gif

Only someone who has suffered through disfiguring acne scarring can truly relate to the inner pain we all experience from our scars.

The only side effects that I experienced with the subcision/suction method was prolonged bruising and two subcutaneous nodules that formed. It looked as if my doctor had beaten both of my cheeks due to the bruising and swelling that I had. I think that he may have used more insertion points than in previous procedures because he seemed to really undermine the tethered bands. The suctioning caused some bleeding on day three and that's why I used my other hand to reduce the suctioning power - it was way too powerful to apply the nozzle directly to my skin.

By the way, the bruising, swelling, and nodules are all gone now. I had another physician at my dermatologist's office inject the largest nodule with a shot of cortisone and it finally went away about a month later.

I suctioned both cheeks (everywhere) two to three times a day for two weeks.Maximum time per cheek: 15 or 20 seconds and several passes over each cheek. My left cheek looks GREAT! The few deep scars that were there are no longer visible.

I never would have thought that something has simple has vacuuming your face with a nozzle would yield such great results. Very unorthodox but very effective for me.

I would encourage you to look at dermarolling, too. For me, I left no 'stone unturned' on my quest to improve the appearance of my scarring and dermarolling has been an important part of that process - one dermarolling session every six weeks.

Let us know how your journey progresses - we can all learn from each other.

Hey Mr Matt,

How long after subcision do you wait to do derma rolling? And could you tell me which dermarolling device you use? My biggest worry with starting this has been getting a decent roller - I'd hate to do further damage to my skin with faulty/easily bent needles. 

Also, I see that you've done TCA treatments before - on a scale of which procedures yielded the best results (I catch that subcision was one of them), where would you rate TCA? I can't find any doctors that do this in town and I'm a bit nervous to do it myself, although I see that some of the ones online are a milder (12%) form. Have you used these home ones? 

#402 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 68
About Me

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:58 AM

I waited about two weeks after my last subcision treatment before I attempted to dermaroll my face. I was pretty swollen and bruised, so I gave myself a break.

I purchase my dermarollers from www.owndoc.com and I use the 2.0 cm roller. I am still rolling and did it last weekend, in fact.

My younger brother who sees me about every three to four months mentioned how smooth my face looked the last times I saw him.

The subcision treatments were, by far , the procedures that reduced the significance of my scarring. Dermarolling and 25% at home TCA peels also helped to stimulate the production of collagen in my skin. I buy mine from www.skinobsession. Definitely do our homework first as this is a powerful peel and you must wear eye protection. I have done four or five if them and your skin really peels!

Hope this helps.

Mr. Matt

#403 morpoly

morpoly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:14 AM

Hi Mr Matt, 

May i know if u have lumps or nodules under the bruised areas immediately after the subcision? Is it just something that will go away with bruising ? What is the protocol u did for the suction on your face ? Like how many minutes per area, how many times a day . Thanks for helping out!

#404 d00little

d00little

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:03 PM

mr. matt,

I plan on having TCA cross and subcision. Is there any recommendation as to which order to have these procedures? Should one be performed the other?

#405 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 68
About Me

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:27 AM

Hi Mr Matt, 
May i know if u have lumps or nodules under the bruised areas immediately after the subcision? Is it just something that will go away with bruising ? What is the protocol u did for the suction on your face ? Like how many minutes per area, how many times a day . Thanks for helping out!

Yes, I do recall having lumps/subcutaneous nodules under my skin after a couple of my subcision treatments and particularly after my fourth and final round of subcision. The nodules eventually resolved themselves after several months, They were noticeable while I was still bruised and swollen, but not afterwards.

I definitely recommend combining subcision with suctioning. I was shocked to see how well it worked on my left cheek and so was my dermatologist.

mr. matt,
I plan on having TCA cross and subcision. Is there any recommendation as to which order to have these procedures? Should one be performed the other?

I don't think that it makes any difference because TCA CROSS treats surface level scarred pores and subcision treats sub dermal scarring.

Hope this helps and good luck with your procedures.

Matt

#406 mvide048

mvide048

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:43 PM

Hi Mr. Matt,

Thank you so much for providing such in depth detail about your subcision journey. Your posts were the main sources I used to guide my research before I got the subcision procedure done in Nov 2014. I've had a lot of improvements myself in the past 6 months and hope to continue to see improvements.

My question is about one of the methods you are using, dermarolling. I started my first session last week and I wanted to ask you what improvements you have seen with this modality? What is your routine? I tried dermarolling about 4 years ago and didn't really see much improvement but I also did it for like 3-4 months, so not long at all. Thank you so much!

Best,
M

#407 rarryrison83

rarryrison83

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:43 PM

Hi Matt,

I'm getting subcision and cool touch laser CT3 performed next wednesday for the first time. I have moderate scaring. I'm pretty sure ill be combining this with the suction method. I use proactiv and this has kept me clear. A couple questions.

- When do you recommend I start using proactiv again after my procedure. Im assuming that Ill need to take a break but will start using again when I can.
-What can I buy or prep my face with for this procedure.
-How much longer does the suction technique prolong the bruising and swelling? Anything I can do to remedy this?

and anything else you can recommend would be much appreciated.

Thank you for this thread and your time. Your helping people like me.

Your bro
-Pete

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users