Photo

Raised bumps on my chin - scars?

keloid hypertrophic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#21 Jrevor

Jrevor

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:51 AM

They aren't scars. Dr's just say that because they don't know what they are, but they're not scars. Ever notice it's usually only women who have it? Ever notice it's only on the chin? That right there says it's not scars.

I was going to bring up PCOS, because I found out I have it too. That may be the common denominator.

I don't know how to get rid of them yet. I've been taking an anti androgen and that doesn't work. Not sure I would go with fraxel, especially if they aren't scars. If I find something that works I'll update.

I have lots of scars like that all over the face. It's depressing, because if they are keloid scars i'm not even admissible for laser treatments or subcision for my deeper holes

Edit : And im a man

Hi all
I have the same thing
Few years ago I had small bumps on my chin (hardly noticeable)
Years after they are spreading and getting bigger.
My chin would sometimes suffer from breakouts and most bumps comes after already healed pimple.
It is the same color of my skin, like skin access.If I stretches the skin, the bumps disappear
I went to 3 different dermatologist, and I didnt get a clear answer...(maybe rosacea...sebaceous glands growth). I tried fraxel laser, but it didnt help.

I would love to hear any opinion
Thanks
Sandy

Sandy my chin is like that but i also scars like that on my nose and on my cheeks, , so i suppose that our skin heals similarly. Because my acne was extremely severe (and because of my, and my father's stupidity , was untreated), I also have lots and lots of holes on my cheeks and temples. You said that fraxel didn't improve the "bumped" scars, but I was wondering if Fraxel worsened the rest of your skin. I'm thinking on doing fraxel and laser treatments, and I'm really scared if my skin heals like bumps, which is gonna be even worse.

Thank you so much

Edited by Jrevor, 12 January 2012 - 04:06 AM.

#22 yas21

yas21

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:53 PM

HI, everyone I'm so glad to hear i'm not the only one who has these, I too have tried to so much to get rid of these bumps. I have gone to three different dermatologist past two years one finally seem to know what they were and recommended laser. I did laser 3 sessions out of the 5 that was recommended but they are still there. I've suffered from acne my whole life but its not that bad its actually nothing compared to these bumps they are small and skin colored and only on my chin and I hate them to death. One dermatoligist said they were ance scars and they would basically never go away. I like what I read because I don't feel like im the only one, I've never seen the bumps I am on anyone my whole life so why do I have these. Well actually I don't care why I have them I just want to get rid of them. I already know I have oily skin and suffer from acne I'm sure its all correlated but thing is i've taken antibiotics like minocycline and I've used benzol peroxide and retina and nothing works.
someone please help!
thank you

also can someone tell me how to upload a pic so I could post a pic of what I have.
thank you!

#23 Andres Lara

Andres Lara

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

I've been treated with Accutane 3 times in my life. Since completing my first round I've had some scarring and flesh colored bumps on my chin. My dermatologist thought that they could be scars, but I never really had acne on my chin. I don't think these are scars and instead I think it could be Syringoma. These bumps bother me most of all, so I would really like to find some method of treating them or improving their appearance.

I have found a doctor who has had success treating Syringoma. It seems that he has used C02 lasers, which is fine because I plan to have some laser resurfacing anyway, or electrocautery to treat them. I finished my third round of Accutane 3 months ago, so I am not supposed to undergo any ablative procedures for another 3 months. I really hope he is able to diagnose these bumps and can offer me some type of treatment.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN1990.jpg
  • DSCN1991.jpg

#24 Talabeso

Talabeso

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:52 AM

I've been treated with Accutane 3 times in my life. Since completing my first round I've had some scarring and flesh colored bumps on my chin. My dermatologist thought that they could be scars, but I never really had acne on my chin. I don't think these are scars and instead I think it could be Syringoma. These bumps bother me most of all, so I would really like to find some method of treating them or improving their appearance.

I have found a doctor who has had success treating Syringoma. It seems that he has used C02 lasers, which is fine because I plan to have some laser resurfacing anyway, or electrocautery to treat them. I finished my third round of Accutane 3 months ago, so I am not supposed to undergo any ablative procedures for another 3 months. I really hope he is able to diagnose these bumps and can offer me some type of treatment.

Hi any news about ur co2 laiser couse i want to do it if u recomend it
As i have the same case as u

Thankssss

#25 *Emily*

*Emily*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

I have this too - all over my chin. I assumed it was scars resulting from my 24 years of acne (worst on my chin). I am still not clear, so can't try anything to get rid of them yet. Have had microdermabrasion which did nothing. If I ever get to being clear I was thinking of trying microneedling, but haven't seen much about it on here.

#26 Andres Lara

Andres Lara

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

I have not yet seen that Dermatologist. April 30th will be 6 months after my last dose of Clavaris (Accutane). I will schedule my consultation shortly after that date. Once I get any more information I will be sure to share.

#27 Talabeso

Talabeso

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

Good luck :)

#28 alexisc

alexisc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

I have this as well and also wondered if it was scars. When I started taking probiotics all the bumps quickly receded, but unfortunately probiotics broke out the rest of my face really badly. My guess is that it is caused from yeast, both internally and externally. I notice when I eat sugary foods more bumps appear, and when I eat yeast fighting foods that the bumps go down in size. I have been using baking soda, epsom salt and sea salt on my face for the past few weeks and it has made the bumps go down in size considerably. For myself it is definitely a mild form of foliculitus caused by yeast. I'm going to try mandelic acid and see if that will get rid of them for good.

#29 Melissa Karen Lim

Melissa Karen Lim

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

I just posted about this exact thing the other day on this board (it's so hard to describe this condition!) and was online doing more Googling when I came across this post. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who is running into a brick wall when it comes to answers.

Anyone have any updates? It's odd that we're all getting it primarily in the same area -- the chin...

#30 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

I have had the exact same thing for years, but it is only barely starting to recede. I am on 100mg spiro, nightly Retin A Micro, and 10,000 IU of Vitamin D. Very gentle cleansing once a day with CeraVe cleanser. I'm not sure which of those things is doing the trick or if it's the combination.

#31 FreeOneDay

FreeOneDay

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

I have the same problem and I'm guessing that's since my chin is the area I breakout the most, although now not breaking out any more, these may be raised bumps left from acne lesions. I did plenty of research and it seems like lots of us share this problem ! However I have read a lot about chemical peels that help even out skin texture and flatten these suckers if they indeed are some sort of scarring. Aha peels such as glycolic or mandelic or lactic have proven successful amongst a lot of ppl suffering with this problem. I myself haven't tried it but I'm about to order a peel from MUAC so I wanted to give anyone else this advice and il update on my progress of getting rid of these buggers! X

#32 Melissa Karen Lim

Melissa Karen Lim

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:35 PM

I have the same problem and I'm guessing that's since my chin is the area I breakout the most, although now not breaking out any more, these may be raised bumps left from acne lesions. I did plenty of research and it seems like lots of us share this problem ! However I have read a lot about chemical peels that help even out skin texture and flatten these suckers if they indeed are some sort of scarring. Aha peels such as glycolic or mandelic or lactic have proven successful amongst a lot of ppl suffering with this problem. I myself haven't tried it but I'm about to order a peel from MUAC so I wanted to give anyone else this advice and il update on my progress of getting rid of these buggers! X

FreeOneDay, can you tell us where you read about the chemical peels as a possible solution? I really can't find anything on this besides this forum -- all of us have different ways of explaining this problem, which is maybe why it's so hard to research this.

I went to a dermatology center a few weeks ago (didn't get to see the dermatologist, only a woman who filters patients and such) and she said it was scarring underneath the skin. I don't know what to think. She recommended microneedling, but I'm going to look for a second (and third!) opinion -- from certified dermatologists.

The funny thing is that yes, I did have acne there once upon a time, but on the surface, the skin is fine -- no scars whatsoever. When I run my fingers over the raised area, I can hardly feel the bumps, they seem to be flat when it comes to touch. But I can feel a sensation of what seems like loose skin in those bumpy areas... a bit hard to explain. It feels like the skin is less tight in that area.

#33 FreeOneDay

FreeOneDay

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:39 AM

Hey Ive been following this site for years but only recently became active and I have no idea how to highlight what u wrote to me and include it in my post? sorry! Anyway I was searching makeupalley which is a brilliant website of regular ppl who review thousands of products and I came across chemical peels. The one that caught my eye was the mandelic acid as a few ppl said they noticed any bumps and raised scars becoming diminished with regular peels. Check that out http://www.makeupall...-s-Choice-(MUAC)-&Masks. Also if u search online chemical peels and raised scars or bumps there's a few links that come up. I've ordered my mandelic acid peel should arrive in the next few days I will keep u all posted!

#34 Melissa Karen Lim

Melissa Karen Lim

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:19 AM

Hey Ive been following this site for years but only recently became active and I have no idea how to highlight what u wrote to me and include it in my post? sorry! Anyway I was searching makeupalley which is a brilliant website of regular ppl who review thousands of products and I came across chemical peels. The one that caught my eye was the mandelic acid as a few ppl said they noticed any bumps and raised scars becoming diminished with regular peels. Check that out http://www.makeupall...-s-Choice-(MUAC)-&Masks. Also if u search online chemical peels and raised scars or bumps there's a few links that come up. I've ordered my mandelic acid peel should arrive in the next few days I will keep u all posted!

Thanks for the link! (BTW, if you want to quote/reply to a post, hit the "Quote" box on the lower right-hand corner of the original post and it'll automatically paste it into your reply)

Looking forward to hearing what your experience will be -- super good luck! Definitely keep us updated!

#35 FreeOneDay

FreeOneDay

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

Oh cool thanks. Will keep all updated x

#36 Amariee

Amariee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

I have these, and loathe them. My thought is that they are caused by candida or another internal ailment. Have all sufferers here used antibiotics? How about bactrim and doryx (doxycycline) specifically? I notice my chin has become much worse since using those two antibiotics. What are everyone's diets like? I notice that following Dr. Mercola's No-grain diet or a paleo diet improve the appearance of these bumps and ward off new breakouts. But nothing (so far) has ridded me of them significantly or permanently. And returning to my former diet (sugar, grains...) brings them right back in full force. Has anyone seen a naturopath?

#37 atlgirl

atlgirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

Help! Im 43 and have raises bumps and what looks like acne scarring(depressions) all over my chin and around my mouth. I only had occasional pimples in the past but It looks like have significant acne scarring now that doesn't match up. I'm thinking this may be hormonal. The changes have occured primarily in the last 2 years. 2 different derms say they are not sure, maybe rosacea or sebacous hyperplasia. Ive had 3 fraxel laser treatments with no improvement in texture. People on here have mentioned PCOS but I dont have an apple shaped body or some of the other symptoms. Anyone have any insights?

#38 Peachie33

Peachie33

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

I have been suffering from this for about a year now. It started off as a large cyst on my chin, and I had numerous injections of cortisone, three months worth of minocycline -- no improvement. Frustrated, I saw a different dermatologist who suspected it was something called molloscum for which he froze the chin area with liquid nitrogen, twice. Then electocauterized the bumps, twice. He biopsied a bump, which showed chronic inflammation and a folliculitis. More antibiotics. No improvement. This guy took a shot gun approach and tried antifungals in case the folliculitis was caused by a yeast. No improvement. I went to a third dermatologist, who performed another biopsy, which showed hypertrophic scars. He said that I also have some rosacea there, so he did the v-beam laser several times and it has not improved. This is so psycholigcally traumatizing and frustrating. This message board makes me feel better since the doctors are baffled by me and act as though they have never seen this before. Can we all come together and have them do a clinical trial?? I have tried everything and they just keep coming back, it's a total nightmare. Please keep this thread going and let us know if ANYONE has found a way to treat this! When I talk to people, they stare at my chin with a horrified expression. I am so self conscious!

#39 MysteryChinBumps

MysteryChinBumps

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

I've been struggling with these for years now. Have treated them in as acne, flat warts, folliculitis, the list goes on. They don't budge. Haven't tried laser or anything as of yet. Would love to know what they are before I go any further. I'm a man, so the only thing that provides relief for me is growing facial hair. The bumps tend to blend in with my beard decently well. However, I had to shave today for a job interview, and man are these things gross in natural light. I'm really not sure how noticeable they are to others. I have seen them on other people before, but it is very rare. Sometimes in HD movies I will notice some bumpy chins but nothing as prominent as what I have and have seen on this site.

Can we all come together and have them do a clinical trial??

This is probably the way to go. If we would organize this, it could potentially give us some resolve. These things blow.

#40 Andres Lara

Andres Lara

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

It has been some time since I've been on this forum. I did have a consultation with a doctor. She explained that the bumps on my chin were raised scars and not syringoma. She suggested a combination a procedure that included the fraxel repair laser with intralesional injections. Unfortunately, my skin did not stay clear very long and my outbreaks returned 7 months post Accutane I have been trying to treat it with tretinoin gel (0.025), minocycline, and klaron (sodium sulfacetamide lotion). Although it has definitely helped my skin in in no condition for this procedure. It seems that I may have to go on accutane again.