Photo

Baking soda & egg whites

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 michele88

michele88

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:15 AM

i too saw the posting from someone who recommended the egg white & lemon mask...it has worked so well for me...removing marks and overall improving the look and feel of my skin...i wear less make up now...it's great.

as for the baking soda and water paste mask...it's a good exfoliant...but just be very carful around the eye, mouth, and other sensitive areas...it was too harsh. other than than, i peeled for about 2 days and the result was healthier skin. i plan to work it into my routine about 1/week.

#2 SimplyTheBest

SimplyTheBest

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:26 AM

Can somebody please tell me how to make one of these masks.

I have red marks that i have been trying to get rid of for a while
but i am not having much sucsess. Id like to know more about this method.

#3 drdeadly

drdeadly

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (SimplyTheBest @ Apr 13 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can somebody please tell me how to make one of these masks.

I have red marks that i have been trying to get rid of for a while
but i am not having much sucsess. Id like to know more about this method.

He/She is referring to a three step regime that a lot of posters seemed to get results from.

1) mix a few tea spoons of baking soda (not powder) with a small amount of water to make a paste. Apply this to red marks and wash off immediately.

2) mix apple cider vinegar with equal parts water and dab on red marks. Leave for 10 minutes then wash off.

3) mix egg white with a few squeezes of lemon juice. Whisk up until it becomes frothy and apply to red marks. Leave for 10 minutes and wash off.

Do this daily, either morning or night. Hope that helped.

#4 SimplyTheBest

SimplyTheBest

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:39 PM

Thank you for your reply. That sounds like a lot of work.

#5 RyanRude

RyanRude

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (SimplyTheBest @ Apr 13 2009, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought baking soda only came in a box in powder form, damn, I jsut bought some, there is a liquid baking soda??? ANd how is it for really sensitive skin? I was using the lemonjuice eveyr night for about 3 weeks and i seem ot break out even worse on it, maybe it was a coinsidense but it didnt seem to lighten any red marks and it was over 3 weeks before I stopped

#6 dantspants

dantspants

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:43 PM

no your right you use the powder form. because drdeadly must of accidentaly wrote not powder. because if you mix liquid, with water. chances are you wont make a paste. wink.gif

#7 michele88

michele88

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (RyanRude @ Apr 14 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (SimplyTheBest @ Apr 13 2009, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought baking soda only came in a box in powder form, damn, I jsut bought some, there is a liquid baking soda??? ANd how is it for really sensitive skin? I was using the lemonjuice eveyr night for about 3 weeks and i seem ot break out even worse on it, maybe it was a coinsidense but it didnt seem to lighten any red marks and it was over 3 weeks before I stopped

There is a baking SODA and POWDER. You have to get the SODA and mix with water to make a paste. I think I have sensitive skin too and I got too close to dry/sensitive areas around my mouth and temples and it had the effect of a sunburn. So now I'm sticking to forehead, nose, chin, and cheek areas. It worked well there. The original instructions say to apply ACV toner after the baking soda exfoliant to balance your skin. 1:8 ACV and water, work your way up to 1:1. Wash the ACV off after 10 minutes.

#8 drdeadly

drdeadly

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

To clarify - the 'not powder' comment was in relation to getting baking soda rather than baking powder!