Photo

Question about Retin A and TCA peels

tca

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 poccojung

poccojung

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2004 - 01:25 PM

I read it somewhere that using Retin A 1 month before performing TCA peel will improve the better result in scar treatment and also using Retin A in between TCA peel. But I don't know how to use Retin A in between TCA peel procedures. I would like to know exact step of doing it like
day 1 TCA peel?
day 2-7 night Retin A ?
day 8 TCA peel?

Sth like that, can someone help me out?

Thank you .

#2 Triton

Triton

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2004 - 02:47 PM

retin a is used to stop acne and improve skin

tca peel is a deeper peel for acne scars

you can't do a second peel after 8 days and you can't put on retin A the day after a peel.

i suggest you see a dermatologist before doing Anything.

#3 poccojung

poccojung

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2004 - 12:41 AM

smile.gif

Oh ok thanks.

I just need example in detail so I make it up like that..I just would like to know if you perform TCA peel with strength of 12.5% or lower along with Retin A. How to do it?

#4 RichardSkin

RichardSkin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 28 May 2004 - 01:34 AM

If you're using Retin A, Stop it at least one day before your TCA ( use a low strength ) and don't start using it again until you are completely healed from the peel. Don't use any harsh cleansers or scrubs while you are healing, but do use a titanium/zinc based sunlock. Don't mix all your treatments together, try one at a time or else you can make your skin much worse. Also don't repeat the TCA for at least 2 months ( 12.5%) if you use the 25% don't repeat the peel for 3 to 4 months.
Richard
Loganwood Skincare

#5 toks

toks

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2004 - 07:40 AM

I am really confused with after TCA peel. Some said MOIST is the key and you should keep you skin moist as much as possible, so it will heal well. Some said you should avoid moist, because moist will cause early peeling and leave pigmentation. So, what should we really put on after applied TCA (not cross)

#6 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2004 - 10:25 AM

I'm curious to know too. Most members here believe in keeping the face SUPER moisturized during a TCA peel. Is that correct Richard? Anyone?
Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

#7 RichardSkin

RichardSkin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2004 - 10:59 AM

I am a firm believer in as much moisture as possible, there is a burn gel I use quite often called Iamin that is oil free and contains copper peptide to speed the healing. I don't have the link handy but I'll post it if I find it. You can always just do a search too.
Richard
Loganwood Skincare

#8 jilly410

jilly410

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2004 - 02:46 PM

This forum is very helpful...I had another question regarding TCA peels. I am planning on spot treating with the 12.5% but am also having microdermabrasions done. How much time should I allot in between the microderm's and TCA spot treatment?