Photo

HELP! Pimple and now scab that won't go away!

whitehead whiteheads pimple pimples

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 modeldude69

modeldude69

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:38 PM

I have a old redmark from about 8 months ago and last thursday a pimple showed up right in the middle of it! Never really flared up to to full big whitehead but was a little bump and after days of BP it shrunk slightly then the skin was just really dry and the redness was still there and a slight bump...well I woke up today and even thought its still a small bump now it looks like a scab under the skin or something...what do I do?!? I need this thing to go away in a few days by next weekend...ANY advice?

#2 Penguin_Ice

Penguin_Ice

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

I would just put that neosporen (spell?) stuff on it. what i do is use my ace was and put ice on it, then before i go to sleep use a facial mask every night.

#3 floridagrl

floridagrl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:54 PM

Neosporin works wonders on those annoying scabs! What I do is apply a dab of Neosporin to the pimple with a Q-tip. Do this each morning and each evening after washing your face. If the pimple is really severe, you can apply the Neosporin a third time, in the middle of the day. Keep doing this, and you will see results in 2-3 days!

#4 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:17 PM

im kind of confused. If you did not pick at the pimple, there should not scab.

I think what you mean is that the pimple just dried up and looks kind of weird, but i dont think it is really a scab.

maybe try leaving it alone and allowing it to disappear on its own?

#5 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (modeldude69 @ Apr 10 2009, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a old redmark from about 8 months ago and last thursday a pimple showed up right in the middle of it! Never really flared up to to full big whitehead but was a little bump and after days of BP it shrunk slightly then the skin was just really dry and the redness was still there and a slight bump...well I woke up today and even thought its still a small bump now it looks like a scab under the skin or something...what do I do?!? I need this thing to go away in a few days by next weekend...ANY advice?

POLYsporin and a bandaid. See link in my signature that starts "What to do..." Good luck! I doubt it will go away completely but it should be improved with a few days of the treatment.

#6 Gordon 94

Gordon 94

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:09 PM

@Timehealsall

Its a scab.. every part of your body gets scab when its injured. to prevent bacteria from hurting the skins.

#7 Acnesucks33

Acnesucks33

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (Wynne @ May 11 2011, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

POLYsporin and a bandaid. See link in my signature that starts "What to do..." Good luck! I doubt it will go away completely but it should be improved with a few days of the treatment.

So you should keep acne scabs moist? Cuz i have been letting them form a big hard scab that takes forever to heal so should i ditch this approach and start putting something moist on the scabs like polysporin?

Edited by Acnesucks33, 11 May 2011 - 10:18 PM.

#8 Wynne

Wynne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Acnesucks33 @ May 12 2011, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you should keep acne scabs moist?

Yes. A moist wound environment is more healthy and conducive to healing without (or less) scarring.

#9 Acnesucks33

Acnesucks33

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (Wynne @ May 11 2011, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Acnesucks33 @ May 12 2011, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you should keep acne scabs moist?

Yes. A moist wound environment is more healthy and conducive to healing without (or less) scarring.

alright sweet. ive read a lot about it too lately and it says moist is the way to go. thanks.
http://int.elastopla...nd-healing.html

But when i get my scabs moist they fall off. Is this alright? cuz this website says you dont want scabs. Its a myth that it heals better when it forms a hard,dry scab.

Edited by Acnesucks33, 11 May 2011 - 10:24 PM.

#10 Wynne

Wynne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:29 PM

It's better to not develop a scab in the first place if you can avoid it, thus use the polysporin plus bandaid to keep the wound moist. However, if the scab sloughs off with the moisture, it's been 'soaked' off much more gently than being pulled off so there's less likelihood of scarring. Hope that helps. smile.gif

#11 Acnesucks33

Acnesucks33

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Wynne @ May 11 2011, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's better to not develop a scab in the first place if you can avoid it, thus use the polysporin plus bandaid to keep the wound moist. However, if the scab sloughs off with the moisture, it's been 'soaked' off much more gently than being pulled off so there's less likelihood of scarring. Hope that helps. smile.gif

Ok thanks for the help. eusa_clap.gif

#12 flowerchild1990

flowerchild1990

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:37 AM

I had the worst acne scab ever about 2 weeks ago, it was awful.
What I found to work was taking more zinc and using aloe vera 100% gel from a local healthstore, at night I put a bandaid on it, preferably use one with 'fast healing' properties.

It disappeared within a week. Also, the aloe vera will help with your existing scar, its a magical thing.

#13 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (Gordon 94 @ May 11 2011, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Timehealsall

Its a scab.. every part of your body gets scab when its injured. to prevent bacteria from hurting the skins.

yes... but a pimple does not scab if you do not pick or pop it

#14 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:16 AM

man... i am so confused in all of this. It seems like EVERYONE on this forum gets scabs from acne.

Does that mean they are popping/squeezing/scratching their pustules? I mean, how in the world does a pimple just scab without it not first turning into an open wound?

I mean when i apply benzoyl peroxide on a pustule.. the inflammation eventually dies down, but what i usually have left is a dead pimple, or a pimple where the pus turned hard and kind of dried up... and the body gets rid of it by it peeling off eventually. Does this means these are scabs?

i am so confused... i hate it