Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zinc - once a day ?

9 posts in this topic

I take 30mg of zinc a day... I can't find any info on if I can take it all at once or if I should divide the dose throughout the day. Anybody knows ?

Why not read the instructions on the bottle?

Am I supposed to laugh now ? Can't believe someone would take the time to write this.

I take a dose of 50mg once a day in the morn.

We Dont Care About No one but this U. 2004 STATE CHAMPIONS.

should not matter whether you divid it or not as long as you do not take it with any high fiber foods

Accutane 40MG FOR 7 MONTHS has cleared my skin when nothing else did.

THANKYOU ROCHE and DAN

Oh ? I did not know that. What does it do if taken with high fiber food ? Is it only canceled or does it make a bad interaction ? I have in fact taken it so far with high fiber foods, in the morning with the cereals... :wall: an hour before the coffee though as I know this interaction cancels the zinc.

Is zinc the only supplement that should not be taken with fiber ? I you know of a link where I could find a chart of interactions or method for taking supplements that would be greatly appreciated.

I posted this on the other forum but for best absorption, zinc supplements should not be taken at the same time as high-fiber foods.

I do not want to get to complex here but basically the high fibre and phytic acid contents of grain foods reduce the uptake from the gut (bioavailability) of zinc.

Accutane 40MG FOR 7 MONTHS has cleared my skin when nothing else did.

THANKYOU ROCHE and DAN

i believe you are supposed to take zinc on a full stomach not such thougth. cool.gif

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]