Photo

The Official Haircare & Styling Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
170 replies to this topic

#161 pamlaterry

pamlaterry

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:48 AM

Good advice about the hair here well Really hairs need a good treatment or whatever that helps to keep the colour in for longer?

#162 californiaEstie

californiaEstie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

I am getting my hair straightened (keratin smoothing), colored, and cut tomorrow. Beyoooond excited.

#163 gemmyjunebug

gemmyjunebug

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:38 PM

Anyone have a favorite dry shampoo they can recommend? I was using Tresemme Dry Shampoo which works awesome...if I could get it out of the can! I think I've bought 4-5 cans over a period of 2 months! Which is crazy! They can nozzle colgs and breaks after 2-3 uses. Completely baffled? To bad, I actually really liked this product.
I laugh a lot. It's a requirement in my world. You're welcome anytime....'Ello loves!

#164 AlisonB

AlisonB

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:39 AM

I think the nozzle clogging up is a problem with dry shampoo in general! I use Batiste for brunettes as it helps hide my grey hair regrowth at the roots.

I'm looking for some advice about hair cair using the regime. At night I have a real problem using the regime and I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong and hope someone can help me out. Basically my question is how do you stop getting creams/lotions/oils getting your hair when you go to sleep? When I wake up in the morning, some of the moisture from my nice clean and moisturised skin has defintely rubbed off on to my hair during the night. I have very dry skin, so I moisturise with oil and lotion, but I don't want to wash my hair every day.

Help!

#165 Lola Burns

Lola Burns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

Anyone have a favorite dry shampoo they can recommend? I was using Tresemme Dry Shampoo which works awesome...if I could get it out of the can! I think I've bought 4-5 cans over a period of 2 months! Which is crazy! They can nozzle colgs and breaks after 2-3 uses. Completely baffled? To bad, I actually really liked this product.

I have this great shirt that says "GET your hair OFF DRUGStore products".

My vote? Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo.

Good advice about the hair here well Really hairs need a good treatment or whatever that helps to keep the colour in for longer?

1. Is your hair tinted, highlighted, bleached? All of the above? Are you using permanent, demi-permanent, semi-permanent, temporary, henna?

2. Do you thermal style your hair? How often?

3. Do you have your color done in a salon or do you use box color at home?

4. What products are you using now?

5. Do you have hard water?

6. Aside from color, do you have any other chemical services done?

7. Are you on a fairly tight budget? Or can you splurge on your hair?

#166 LizzLemon

LizzLemon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

I have tried a billion different kinds (tresemme, o.blandi, batiste, salon fx, pssst, etc...) of dry shampoos and i freakin' LOVE suave dry shampoo. and it's only like $2.50!
Routine
AM - splash of warm water, DKR BP, Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for Dry/Sensitive Skin
Makeup - ELF mineral makeup w/ Taklon antibacterial brushes
PM - Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, DKR BP, DKR AHA+, Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for Dry/Sensitive Skin
*Key to success: less picking, more patience*

#167 RazzDazz94

RazzDazz94

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

I don't actually color my hair, I like it, but I wanted to accent my natural coppery highlights (I have dark brown hair), so I spray diluted hydrogen peroxide in my hair and it brought the highlights out, if anyone cares to try this. :)
It doesn't kill your hair either...yay!

#168 Aleece

Aleece

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

I have tried a billion different kinds (tresemme, o.blandi, batiste, salon fx, pssst, etc...) of dry shampoos and i freakin' LOVE suave dry shampoo. and it's only like $2.50!

I agree with this, I'm not much on dry shampoo, but I have tried a couple. I think the Suave one works better than the Tresemme.

#169 Daryll

Daryll

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:27 AM

Hellooo I was wondering about what hairstyle I should cut since my hair is practically a bush now.

The thing is I want to cover my forehead because theres acne there and my hair is kind of wavy(?) , it is sort of straight at the back and sides but my fringe will always curl to one side , no matter how long my fringe grows it never goes past my eyesbrows

Oh er by the way I am a guy.

#170 suko

suko

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

The biggest issue with hair is balding. I heard that Accutane and some skin related problems can be related to hair issues such as male pattern baldness. I'm yet to see if it is true that Accutane speeds up hair loss in men. Currently saving up for a hair transplant, I don't want to live as a bald man :(
Searching for perfect skin Posted Image

#171 Spotthedifference

Spotthedifference

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 42
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

Coconut oil makes a great hot oil treatment before shampooing. Heat it up in a pan before putting it on your hair in liberal amounts (but don't boil it) then wrap your hair up in a towel for an hour or two. Make sure to wash your hair twice after doing this though. Also, a drop of jojoba oil before blow drying (only a drop though, it's easy to over do it) makes hair very shiny. Nightly scalp massages and brushing your hair twice a day also make it grow faster, especially if you tip your head upside down every night and brush the underside of your hair too.

Currently clear of acne with the occasional hormonal breakout. Check out my routines and progress updates here:
http://www.acne.org/...g-and-duac-gel/

Treat yourself as you treat others.