let's see.....well i recently began a new regimen to enhance my curlies and i love it...the regimen calls for NO SILICONES and NO SULFATES (which tend to be in most shampoos) for cleansing...you cleanse but with a conditioner that has no silicones. if you wanna know more, go to the Naturally Curly
website and check out the CG routine aka no-poo... i absolutely
it...my hair is softer, silkier, and incredibly moisturized....not to mention how fabo my hair is thanks to the regimen.....
as for products...here's my list! - all are cone & sulfate free.....conditioners for co-washing (cleansing)- Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut
- cone free, cheap, and smells divine!rinse out conditioners - Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm
(exact same thing as Biolage but for like $6)deep conditioners - Lustrasilk Cholesterol Shea and Mango Butter
- BEST DT for less than $3, another one is Sally's GVP K-Pak
(same thing as Joico K-Pak but for like $8 or $10 - the actual K-Pak is 3x that much)leave-in conditioner - Kinky-Curly Knot Today
- this is one the pricier side but so worth it...totally organic and smells heavenly....i'd eat it if i could styling products - Herbal Essences Set Me Up Mousse
- by far the BEST cone-free mousse i've tried...wish the bottle was bigger so it'll last longer but for $4 i wont complain...Kinky Curly Curling Custard (aka KCCC)
- another pricey one but HOT DAMN...i love this stuff.....a jar is $35 but sooo worth if it u wish to embrace ur curls...again, organic, smells deeeelish, but more than anything, this thing gives my hair SHINE SHINE and more SHINE.....and even tho its a bit pricey, a little bit goes a long way....i've had my jar for almost six months and have only used a 1/4 of it.....totally worth the money....
styling tools......again, curl friendly....wide tooth comb
- total necessity for curlies...helps to keep the hair intact and lessens the chance of breakage from pulling....microfiber towels and cotton t-shirts
- i used both the towels and tees for removing excess water and i use the tee for plopping. it's a styling method used to further enhance the curlies...duckbill clips
- place them on the crown while drying - gives major lift in the crown area...sumthin most curlies struggle with...finger diffuser
- OH MY GOD!!!! best invention EVER...
up until recently, i never bothered and would let my hair air dry, but i decided to give the diffuser a try and holy curls....the curls never looked better....my hair in my avatar pic is a result of the regimen and the diffuser.
i don't use hairspray anymore and i stopped coloring my hair almost 2 years ago....
great idea Antonia..... <3