6 replies to this topic

#1 pchic

pchic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:42 AM

I use Biore pore strips to remove blackheads, twice a week. It is good in removing like 60% of my blackheads on my nose, but because my skin is sooo oily that it becomes 100% in two days.

EDIT: It's bad for the pores! My pores have enlarged significantly after using it for months. It's true what I've been hearing, it does enlarge the pores! Right now I am just squeezing out my blackheads after an aspirin mask, I feel it works better.

#2 Skepticalgrl

Skepticalgrl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:22 AM

Good luck! I have this same problem. I've got the blemishes under control using BP at night and only moisturizer in the day. But the blackheads!!!! I assume it's because my skin is so oily. Every day I get out of the shower and have the take my nail and scrape it across my skin to get these superficial ones out. It's so odd, they poke out of my skin but don't just come out with a washclothe. They come back every day. So if you find a solution, let me know!

#3 mborrill

mborrill

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:02 AM

Biore pore strips in my opinion suck ive been using for years the blackheads come back really fast, im trying salicylic acid 5%. at the moment , just wondering if 5% is to strong burns like hell when I apply it lol we'll see biggrin.gif

#4 FourMurasame

FourMurasame

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:13 AM

I use Kose Intellige Sebum Quick Remover. 1 blackhead loosening agent and 1 tube of mask.

once dried on face, you lift it away from skin. I find it removed almost 90% of impurities including some stubborn blackheads.

Not sure if its available in your area.

#5 Polska Laska

Polska Laska

*Be thankful for the little things in life*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:41 PM

I cleanse my face with my normal cleanser, but I use baking soda on my nose. I used to use baking soda all over my face but that was short lived. The only real benefit I saw from using the BS was that my pores where blackheads usually exist was abnormally clear.. Give it a try on your nose to see how it works for you first, for maybe like, a week. It worked for me, and biore pore strips NEVER get my blackheads out completely. Good luck!

#6 pchic

pchic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:52 PM

Yes Kose is retailing in many areas where I live. I heard a lot of raves on that product too! But I have bad experiences with masks that tear off like strips as I find that they are very weak. Not sure about Kose.

I find that for Biore to work, you got to dry your face in front of a fan or turn the air con on.. because it dries so fast so that oil wouldn't prevent the blackheads from sticking onto your strip.

Baking soda sounds interesting! So it dissolves blackheads? Why did it only work on your nose though?

#7 pchic

pchic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:56 PM

just an update..I realized that biore pore strips really does enlarge the pores on the nose! They are much visible now than previously..I'm gonna try to cut down on its usage. I have resorted to aspirin masks but so far all it does is to push out the blackheads..and the white stuff that sticks out are stubborn to remove.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users