Photo

on accutane can i eat chocolate and fast food

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 s_s

s_s

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:45 PM

while on accutane i feel down and depressd and eating sweats and chocolate helps me a lil would that make my acne worse?????? and last week it was my brothers bday and i didnt take accutane for a day and drank some alcohol?...is it ok if i drink if i decide to go out sometimes with my friends which im not intending to do until my face clears

#2 maddy001

maddy001

Madeline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 27
About Me

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:50 PM

lol I was on actually eating garbage pretty much like you while on accutane and it didn't affect my progress so its fine. And for the drinking, yes its fine to drink a small glass but not too much. Accutane is heavy on the liver but your liver can still handle a little alcohol though its not encourage. Cut down on your drinks though if you really want to.Once in a while is no problem.

#3 s_s

s_s

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:53 PM

ok cool thanks....how long have u been usin accutane and have u seen any imporvements?and what does are u on?and if i wanna drink should i not take accutane for dat day?

#4 Narcissist

Narcissist

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:01 PM

I've been on for a month and a bit, and I've seen dramatic improvements smile.gif i'm on a dose of 40mg/day. Just drink a lot of water everyday to keep yourself hydrated.
You can take your dose on the same day as you drink, but like maddy said, its not advised to drink alcohol during Accutane because it puts stress on the liver and may cause long term damage - just don't drink loads! smile.gif

#5 PrznKing

PrznKing

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:06 PM

Fast food is a big no. On my first course I was at a pretty high dosage and I didn't get any side effects except dry skin. So I wasn't sensitive to the side effects. But I remember the last month I ate some Burger King and my cholesterol went off the charts, lol. So no fatty fried foods is really important. On the alcohol, my first course I didn't drink (Accutane or not) so I can't really comment on that but right now I try to not have liquor but maybe a beer or something.

#6 maddy001

maddy001

Madeline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 27
About Me

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:06 PM

I was on 20mg/day. Yes its fine to drink on the same day you are taking accutane. Just don't take them at the same time. For example, if you think you might drink some at night, then take accutane in the morning so that there is some time in between such that both don't get processed at the same time.

#7 s_s

s_s

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (PrznKing @ Apr 4 2009, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fast food is a big no. On my first course I was at a pretty high dosage and I didn't get any side effects except dry skin. So I wasn't sensitive to the side effects. But I remember the last month I ate some Burger King and my cholesterol went off the charts, lol. So no fatty fried foods is really important. On the alcohol, my first course I didn't drink (Accutane or not) so I can't really comment on that but right now I try to not have liquor but maybe a beer or something.

how come ur on ur 2nd treatment did d 1st treatment not work for u at all?

#8 s_s

s_s

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2009 - 05:14 PM

yea i think so but if i dont have any chocolate for like few weeks i think i would go crazyyyy eusa_snooty.gif