Photo

How to stop a smaller cyst from getting huge?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Polska Laska

Polska Laska

*Be thankful for the little things in life*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:35 PM

Well the never ending hormonal chin cysts continue. This time, luckily (I think) it's just a smaller cyst that was originally a clogged pore than developed into a cyst (I wish I would have just unclogged that pore but I told myself not to pick). Anyways, I wish that I popped that sucker, because now it's a cyst. Anyways, I was wondering, since it's not a full blown cyst yet, but rather a baby sized one, is there any method that will stop that cyst from growing? This tricks me all the time. Once in a while I get a tiny one like this, and I think it'll stay that size but it just keeps growing. It stays the same size for a few days and then I guess it keeps filling with infection (gross). I was also wondering about a video I watched on youtube, where the woman said that by icing a cyst, your body re-absorbs the infection at a faster rate than you would just leaving it, is this true?

My last round of cysts just wrapped up and a new one arose to the occasion, gee thanks!

#2 Maximus Decimus Merideous

Maximus Decimus Merideous

Max

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:54 PM

There are a few posts about this actually. Many people have luck by icing the spot as soon as it appears a few times a day. I would be very wary of what you watch on youtube, but i have no idea if icing causes your body to reabsorb the infection (i doubt it, maybe Wynne could answer that). Also, taking advil could help it from becoming inflamed. You can also try soaking a towel in very hot water and put light pressure on the spot. Some people find this brings the pimple to a head instead of it becoming just an inflamed, red, spot. Hope this helps a little.

#3 Polska Laska

Polska Laska

*Be thankful for the little things in life*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:55 PM

Hey Maximus, thanks for your reply! sideways.gif. I always ice my cysts, but even if they're smaller, they always get bigger before going down, even with icing. I did find something that worked though. I read some reviews for 100% tea tree oil, and I got my boyfriend to go out and buy some because people who reviewed it on acne.org said that it works best on larger pimples such as cysts, nodules, ect. So this is the third day, and my cyst completely flattened out after applying 100% tea tree oil with a Qtip 2x a day. Tea tree oil, where the shit have you been all my cysts lives?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users