1 reply to this topic

#1 Drizzler

Drizzler

Man of the Mountains

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Trail running, cooking and eating wholesome + nutritious food, guitar, piano, music, riding my bicycle

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:55 PM

Well it seems more and more that prescriptions are becoming combinations of treatments. I recently went to a doctor who prescribed me clindamycin, her own idea, as wells as azelex (azelaic acid) because I asked her for it. She clearly didn't have a strong knowledge of either medication and its efficacy...

My acne right now is large welts/cysts that appear on my chest and jawline. What they lack in numbers they make up for in size/pain/persistence. I eat very well and exercise frequently which has helped enormously, but I still get these horrible lesions on my chest, which seem to take months to fully dissapear. They start as little red dots and grow to huge deep welts within a couple days.

I guess my main question is if anyone knows if using azelex and clindamycin together is safe or if anyone has experience with these two in combination. So far it seems to be helping a lot, but I want to make sure I am not screwing myself in the long run. Maybe I have stumbled on something big here?

#2 Drizzler

Drizzler

Man of the Mountains

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Trail running, cooking and eating wholesome + nutritious food, guitar, piano, music, riding my bicycle

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:36 PM

bumpidy bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users