Photo

How much bleeding with dermaroller (1.5mm)?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Zenergy

Zenergy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:06 PM

So I used the dermaroller for the first time last night on a couple small, discreet areas -- I wanted to see how bad it would look before I used it on my whole face. I pressed really hard, held my skin taut and yet I only produced a few pin drops of blood. I've used a smaller dermaroller for product penetration before, and afterwards I could feel stinging when I applied Green Cream to my skin. I applied Green Cream after rolling with the 1.5 mm and felt nothing. I'm curious how deep the rest of you go. How much bleeding do you guys experience? I've seen Legend's dermarolling pictures and was wondering if everyone else looks the same afterwards? Perhaps, I should just stick with the individual needles. Hmm...

#2 just another1

just another1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (Zenergy @ Apr 2 2009, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I used the dermaroller for the first time last night on a couple small, discreet areas -- I wanted to see how bad it would look before I used it on my whole face. I pressed really hard, held my skin taut and yet I only produced a few pin drops of blood. I've used a smaller dermaroller for product penetration before, and afterwards I could feel stinging when I applied Green Cream to my skin. I applied Green Cream after rolling with the 1.5 mm and felt nothing. I'm curious how deep the rest of you go. How much bleeding do you guys experience? I've seen Legend's dermarolling pictures and was wondering if everyone else looks the same afterwards? Perhaps, I should just stick with the individual needles. Hmm...

I am aggressive when I roll and with a new 1.5mm roller I get alot of blood. The needles pentrate to their fullest. After a few uses, the sharp edge of the needles is definetly more dull and the blood spots are in turn, less. I do still get the sting after applying my GC though.

If you can afford it, try to replace the roller more frequently. At 5 week intervals, doing a full 1.5mm roll will require about 11 sessions in the year. At 3 rolls per roller, that's about 4 rollers for the year. Not too bad of a grand total if you choose to use the lesser priced units available.

If you can't afford it, try being more aggressive when you roll ( but cautious). Roll in every direction possible at least ten times.

Good Luck

#3 adella

adella

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:05 PM

When I had a derm roll me it bled quite a bit, but she had to press down hard to get me to bleed.
2mm roller.

She went over each cheek in every direction rolling quite quickly.

I had 3 'passes' done on each side.
Meaning she cleaned off all blood, cleaned the roller, and did it again.

All up my treatment took almost an hour. There was lots of blood soaked sponges when I was done. I was shocked at how much I had bled.

For my own reasons I didnt have it done again. But I feel knowing how a Derm does it may assist those who roll at home.

Goodluck.
Health Happiness and Healing for all :)

#4 Zenergy

Zenergy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:21 PM

Just Another1 and Adella, thank you so much for your replies. I used a brand new roller, so I thought it would be easy to penetrate my skin, but it almost seemed like the needles were too dull. I have a scar on my arm, which I used alot of force on, but there were maybe 3 blood spots. I went over each spot atleast 7 times, counting each up/down, left/right, and diagonol roll as one. I don't mind pain, so that wouldn't hold me back. I bought the Dr. Roller version, maybe it was faulty (maybe it was me) -- I'm going to try it on my face soon, seeing as I didn't have any adverse affects on the other areas and see how it goes. Thanks again. biggrin.gif

#5 Saleena

Saleena

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE (Zenergy @ Apr 2 2009, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It took me about 2 full passes on each cheek for there to be blood. I rolled as much as I could tolerate. In the end I had a considerable amount of blood soaked tissues. If you are using a brand new roller, then you should roll until you get blood. I know people say about 4 passes in each direction, however, my rule of thumb is keep rolling until you start bleeding considerably. Wipe off the blood and do it again. I have darker skin and it took over a week for the rolled area to blend back into the rest of my skin.

#6 adella

adella

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:10 AM

From what you describe, id say you need to roll more, lots more.

When I was shown how to home roll, my derm used the analogy, to make a star, like * criss cross up down, diagonal, horizontal, quite a few times, then move to another part of the face, overlapping and do the same star pattern again. Obviously sometimes you are not making a star, along the jaw for example.

I recall my Derm saying some people take a while to bleed the first time, so go harder.

As long as you are clean, clean roller, you cant really do any damage. look for you tube vids, theres one with a guy rolling his head, THATS the way to do it, excepton the face.

G luck
Health Happiness and Healing for all :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users