Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reilly

My before/after TCA cross pictures

300 posts in this topic

Reilly,

Thanks for posting the pictures again. I had tried to find the thread that you posted on earlier, but I guess the board has been having problems.

Anyways, I just wanted to say, your skin looks very beautiful! I am so happy that you've achieved such high results. Congratulations! smile.gif

I have a few questions for you. I am sure you've answered before, so I apologize in advance. But I was just curious to know what strength of TCA you applied to your scars and did you use a toothpick?

I am really hesistant to perform my own scar therapy treatment ( especially since TCA is very potent ) but after seeing your results, it's inspired me greatly.

Again, thanks for the pictures and giving others hope.

Thanks so much for posting those again, Reilly! I know it's a pain.

~ Tamara

You cannot perceive beauty but with a serene mind.

- Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Visit My Claravis Journal

reilly thanks for posting those pics again. also, i asked this question before but didn't check for an answer before the messages disappeard. Wut concentration of tca did u use? How many sessions did u do? How long did u wait between each session? And when was the last session? Sorry for the questions i'm sure u answered before. Thanks a lot, take care.

hey reilly ...your improvment is really dramatic !!! wow

you must be so happy :lol:

just wondering ... did the doctor just perform just on scars only ?

or the whole cheek area? ...

i must say ur skin is now a new born babys skin :lol:

dfasdfasdfas

darn I wish TCA peels would work for me but im alway left with hyperpigmentation maybe becaue i always exfoliate to early??

how come it improved ur scars, but tracy tca peel didnt?

beat me, hate me, rape me

Michael Jackson, "They Dont Really Care About Us"

Hello50.....it's prolly cause mine was not a very strong TCA peel. And I am not doing cross on my scars. Cross is the best way for scarring, IMO. Keep in mind that my skin looks better.....it truly does, just not 100% yet. Maybe next time i should use the 25% TCA solution?? And some 100% TCA cross treatments on the individual scars in between the TCA peels would probably work wonders for me.

Dip it.....yes, if you exfoliate the skin before it's ready to come off on its own you WILL hyperpigment. Especially if you have a darker skin type like I do.

Trace,

I think you should put the other picture up....it shows your skin (and the smile) better....

The one Mendy put before your cat picture. I'm talking about Mendy's website.

Reilly..congrats on the results! Did you do a full face TCA complex peel? Did you have any breakouts after? Thanks so much!

Okay, I will try to answer all the questions. Here goes...

-I used 100% TCA for the cross. 20 to 25 icepicks/pores on the left and 10 to 15 on the right.

-I also did 2 TCA complex peels full face. No breakouts, but only very heavy/oily things will give

me a pimple now since Accutane.

-I performed all the procedures myself. Generally, I would recommend going to a professional

due to the potential for further scarring with TCA cross. I am in an allied health field

and work on an area much smaller than my face so I felt comfortable performing it myself. If

you have very steady hands and are not nervous at all then try one spot~just a suggestion.

-5 weeks between the 2 cross sessions. 1 Tca complex 4 weeks after 1st cross. 2nd Tca complex

3 weeks after 2nd cross.

-It does appear that I had redness in my before pic but it was minimal. I do have lingering

redness on my deepest icepick I crossed on my left cheek.

-I will perform cross hopefully one last time next week. I am hoping to follow that 4 weeks later

with a combo Jessner's peel, 25% TCA peel for my remaining rolling scars and freckles.

-Oh, finally. I have not performed cross on any rolling scars!!! I am attributing their improvement

to HA supplements more than anything else.

Keep the questions coming! I am so grateful to this board for helping me treat my scars so successfully and for a tiny fraction of the price I have paid my dermatologist over the years. So I am in"pay it forward" mode now. Anyway, for the first time in years I am not wearing my spackle concealer. I am hoping to be able to go foundation free by the end of the summer :pray:

Take care!

Reilly

where can i order tca 100% and what does tca complex mean ? and what did u used to apply the tca cross? with a toothpick ? how many weeks till u did ur second cross ? im thinking tca complex is ur whole face? if it is did u use 100% tca for ur whole face? oh yea do i have to apply pressure until i see a frosting color or do u just apply it and let it frost , im from usa can u tell me where i can order these products how long all together did it take b4 u got the results u did in the last pic

Those results are awesome. Virtually 100% results. Few more TCA peels and what not and you will NEVER have evidence of acne scars. Not that you do now anyway. Good on ya.

Congratulations you have posted the first picture that actually shows noticeable improvements! Even on the web they are poor quality and look fake but your pics look great you must be happy ...

How long ago where you on accutane?

Do you think its a worthwhile medicine to take?

- I had sex with your mom last night....

- Dad you're drunk, go home.

JOYLOVEPEACE~on the 35 or so treated scars only 6 are still not flat with the surface. About half of the treated icepicks are flat with the surrounding skin but the pigmentatio is slightly different. The rest look excellent. I would say on the cross treated areas am 90% improved but I really can't qualify that. Just an estimate. My rolling scars are maybe 40-50% improved and I think collagen would make it look perfect but as I have said in the past, I am trying to break that addiction.

Missionaryman101~ Accutane was a miracle for me. I know some people have had poor results with it but I took it 9 years ago between high school and college (10mg for 3 months) and have never had a cyst since. I do get the occassional small whitehead if I use a greasy product on my face but other than that I have been completely clear. After taking every antibiotic known to man and still breaking out; I could not be happier w/ my experience w/ Accutane.

SCARVICTIM~ I gathered all the information on cross from the 100% cross thread on this board. I encourage you to read that thread just to be thoroughly informed about the pros and cons of TCA cross. I started my scar treatment regimen in January so it has taken approximately 5 months to see these results.

Reilly

reilly hi can u pm to where u order your tca ur pics seems like u used a legit one i dont wanna order a fake ones , i read all the tca post but i see about a few ways to order it , and seeing as how u have such great result i would like to use ur source on myself .

thanks in advance

Reilly- Congrats on your results. I have just one question for you... How long after your last TCA Complex peel did you take the 3rd pic on your initial post? The reason I ask this is because I have had 2 TCA Complex peels and my skin always looks really good right after my skin peels for a few days, and then of course the results begin to disappear and my normally scarred skin returns.