Photo

Acnessential CLAIMS to get rid of acne...naturally

vitamin vitamins vitamin b vitamin b3 niacin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 electric_feel

electric_feel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:26 PM

I just came across this product while trying to look for something else that alternativista uses.

I tried to look up reviews for this product, but couldn't find anything maybe that's a bad sign? If it's worked for so many then why aren't there reviews raving about the product?

The product is found on a bodybuilding website, because of how many of them suffer from acne. The website claims that it works fast (improvements in 6 days) or you get your money back.

I would post the link, but aren't the mods deleting links now?

Anyway, has anyone tried it? Just look it up the product name is Acnessential.

Even though this is a cream, it says it's natural which is why I posted this in the holistic forum.

Acnessential’s active ingredient is a natural vitamin B3 derivative, called Niacinamide. It offers a safe and effective alternative treatment…which doesn’t require a prescription and has been university proven to be as effective as the leading prescription topical medication (Clindamycin)…but without the side-effects.

So Acnessential niacinamide cream differs from many of the other treatments by not only being superior in effectiveness, speed of action, convenience, and safety…studies on its main active (topical B3) continue to reveal other amazing anti-aging benefits…and not potential health threats as in the case of Benzoyl peroxide.

#2 Spaceguy1923

Spaceguy1923

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (electric_feel @ Apr 1 2009, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just came across this product while trying to look for something else that alternativista uses.

I tried to look up reviews for this product, but couldn't find anything maybe that's a bad sign? If it's worked for so many then why aren't there reviews raving about the product?

The product is found on a bodybuilding website, because of how many of them suffer from acne. The website claims that it works fast (improvements in 6 days) or you get your money back.

I would post the link, but aren't the mods deleting links now?

Anyway, has anyone tried it? Just look it up the product name is Acnessential.

Even though this is a cream, it says it's natural which is why I posted this in the holistic forum.

Acnessential’s active ingredient is a natural vitamin B3 derivative, called Niacinamide. It offers a safe and effective alternative treatment…which doesn’t require a prescription and has been university proven to be as effective as the leading prescription topical medication (Clindamycin)…but without the side-effects.

So Acnessential niacinamide cream differs from many of the other treatments by not only being superior in effectiveness, speed of action, convenience, and safety…studies on its main active (topical B3) continue to reveal other amazing anti-aging benefits…and not potential health threats as in the case of Benzoyl peroxide.

BUMP!!

#3 LA_SF

LA_SF

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:00 AM

The site looks like a scam, but the idea is on track. You can just make your own, I believe, with aloe and Niacinamide pills. I'm not sure what the exact method is though.

#4 Crooked I

Crooked I

Laugh now, cry later

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:02 PM

Topical Niacinamide (aka Nicotinamide) is a documented treatment for acne. It works by reducing and blocking the inflammatory actions of the p.acnes bacteria. I use a 4% nicotinamide gel which works well. I don't know why it isn't better known. It certainly seems a more desirable option to use than BP or other harsh topicals.

#5 LA_SF

LA_SF

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:54 PM

from pubmed:

BACKGROUND. Systemic and topical antimicrobials are effective in the treatment of inflammatory acne vulgaris; however, widespread use of these agents is becoming increasingly associated with the emergence of resistant pathogens raising concerns about microorganism resistance and highlighting the need for alternative nonantimicrobial agents for the treatment of acne. Nicotinamide gel provides potent antiinflammatory activity without the risk of inducing bacterial resistance. METHODS. In our double-blind investigation, the safety and efficacy of topically applied 4% nicotinamide gel was compared to 1% clindamycin gel for the treatment of moderate inflammatory acne vulgaris. Seventy-six patients were randomly assigned to apply either 4% nicotinamide gel (n = 38) or 1% clindamycin gel (n = 38) twice daily for 8 weeks. Efficacy was evaluated at 4 and 8 weeks using a Physician's Global Evaluation, Acne Lesion Counts, and an Acne Severity Rating. RESULTS. After 8 weeks, both treatments produced comparable (P = 0.19) beneficial results in the Physician's Global Evaluation of Inflammatory Acne; 82% of the patients treated with nicotinamide gel and 68% treated with clindamycin gel were improved. Both treatments produced statistically similar reductions in acne lesions (papules/pustules; -60%, nicotinamide vs. -43%, clindamycin, P = 0.168), and acne severity (-52% nicotinamide group vs. -38% clindamycin group, P = 0.161). CONCLUSIONS. These data demonstrate that 4% nicotinamide gel is of comparable efficacy to 1% clindamycin gel in the treatment of acne vulgaris. Because topical clindamycin, like other antimicrobials, is associated with emergence of resistant microorganisms, nicotinamide gel is a desirable alternative treatment for acne vulgaris.

#6 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (LA_SF @ Nov 18 2009, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The site looks like a scam, but the idea is on track. You can just make your own, I believe, with aloe and Niacinamide pills. I'm not sure what the exact method is though.

Yes, that's what I do.

#7 LA_SF

LA_SF

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (alternativista @ Nov 18 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, that's what I do.

Can you give us some details? Ratio?

What do you think about Paula's Choice products (some nicianamide in the moisturizer)? I found them to be pretty effective, but they do have some suspect ingredients (like parabens).

#8 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (LA_SF @ Nov 18 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (alternativista @ Nov 18 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, that's what I do.

Can you give us some details? Ratio?

What do you think about Paula's Choice products (some nicianamide in the moisturizer)? I found them to be pretty effective, but they do have some suspect ingredients (like parabens).

I use one of PCs toners. The one with niacinimide highest on the ingredient list. Olay also has a lot of products with niacinimide.

And I mix somewhere between 5-10% niacinimide with aloe. I also add a green tea capsule.

#9 Swits

Swits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:39 PM

since my acne has ramped up a bit, i just bought some bulk niacinimide powder which i'm going to use to make my own cream. you only need like 1.1 gram per 2 oz of cream/gel to make a 4-5% niacinimide concentration so it should be easy. ill post a thread later if i get any results and maybe a recipe with some instructions?