Photo

Alternative to the Liver Flush

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2004 - 11:31 PM

Okay, many of you know that I'm one of the skeptics of the liver flush. I'm not refuting that there are no stones in your body, just not the amount that people claim, regardless of what is on curezone, and I don't think the flush really does exactly what people say.

Anyway now on to my alternative, which I was told by my mom's friend, the MD who does operations on livers, gallbladders, etc... and who has done research on cholesterol earlier in her career. Now I was quizzing her again about liver flushes and she said that if you are patient and wait up to a year doing this every day, this should get rid of all stones(it would take a lot longer if there were actually thousands of stones).

What she said is acutally floating around these boards. YOu are supposed to take i teaspoon of good apple cider vinegar with a teaspoon of honey with a glass(a coffee mug or similar sized) of WARM water with each meal. You are to sip this throughout the entire meal. What this does is that it dissolves the stones in the gallbladder and over time you won't have any more(of course if you don't follow a certain diet you will keep producing more if you stop drinking this).

I've searched the net after this and similar sites said the same thing. She explained it too me but being a layman in medical jargon, it went over my head(there are also many drugs that do the same thing but I know a lot of you will burn me at the stake if I mentions prescriptions).

So there you go, an alternative treatment to the alternative treatment offered by a MD.

Oh ya, there is also certain types of foods that dissolve stones and she said she'll give me a list next time I talk to her. Apple juice softens up the stones and may de quicker to dissolve.

#2 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 24 May 2004 - 11:40 PM

That's cool blackbirdbeatle...I've never heard of that one before. Many of us add ACV and lemon to our water anyways!

Does it really dissolve the stones to the point of nothingness though? Hmm...if you have any other links to this, that would be great.

But I heard that it isn't good to drink liquids during your meal, because it disrupts the digestive enzymes in doing their work, which is why you should wait at least 30 minutes before drinking anything (after a meal). How about drinking the ACV+honey between meals? Would that be just as effective?

#3 Bailey

Bailey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2004 - 01:15 AM

Are you sure it's honey..and not maple syrup??? (Grade B, not A which is used for pancakes.) Many people think honey is NOT good. Read..

WHAT ABOUT THE USE OF HONEY?

Honey must not be used at any time internally. It is manufactured from the nectar picked up from the flowers by the bees—good enough in itself, perhaps—then predigested, vomited and stored for their own future use with a preservative added. It is deficient in calcium and has many detrimental effects for the human being.

According to one authority, honey is "a magical and mystical word in Healthfoodland. It is one of the most overpromoted, overpriced product being sold to gullible health foodists. The great value attributed to honey is delusive…honey is only a little less empty and more dangerous than sugar."

Just as with alcohol, honey, being predigested, enters the blood directly, raising the sugar content very rapidly above normal. To correct this, the pancreas must produce insulin immediately or possible death can occur. More insulin than necessary is likely to be produced, and the blood sugar level then drops below normal. This can produce blackout spells and even death if it goes to low. When blood sugar is below normal, a person will feel depressed. The regular use of honey can create constant imbalances wich in turn will adversely affect the normal function of the liver, pancreas and spleen. Hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia are the results of the use of unbalanced sugars. The balanced sugar in maple syrup and sugar can juice causes no dangerous side effects. Artificial, synthetic, and refined sugars have no place in a natural diet.

#4 Rossignol

Rossignol

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 25 May 2004 - 02:44 AM

Well, that article on honey sounds a little... OTT. (was it from a maple syrup company? biggrin.gif ) But anyway, even if it isn't good taken internally, it is definitely good for use externally. Manuka honey is a wonderful antiseptic.
I might look into getting some maple syrup though... (product junkie)
rolleyes.gif

#5 Bailey

Bailey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2004 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE(Rossignol @ May 25 2004, 02:31 AM)
Well, that article on honey sounds a little... OTT. (was it from a maple syrup company?  biggrin.gif ) But anyway, even if it isn't good taken internally, it is definitely good for use externally. Manuka honey is a wonderful antiseptic.
I might look into getting some maple syrup though... (product junkie)
rolleyes.gif

No, it's by Stanley Burroughs..a master cleanse guru.

#6 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2004 - 11:37 PM

I'll search for more links. I found one article in the New England Journal Of Medicine or something. Also as I said, I was told this my an MD who gave me a very good explanation but I can't cite it verbatum(too many medical terms). Anyway, I don't think that honey or even syrup is necessary, just the apple cider vinegar, which has the malic acid, and the warm water. I'm not going to use warm water but instead cold because I can't stand the taste of ACV water warm, kind of like warm beer.

Do a google search on dissolving gall stones. I've found pages ranging from so called health gurus to acutal doctors and they all seem to agree that this is an alternative, albiet a slow one(give it at least a few months of ACV water 3 times a day). I also think that taking it slowly with a whole meal is important as well but I'll ask her again and make sure.

Sometimes I just suck it up and make my ultimate tea composing of ACV, milk thistle, dandilion, and good green tea. Don't know if it's good for me or not, just sometimes I don't have the time to take everything.

#7 Bailey

Bailey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2004 - 01:15 AM

Well, this is for a Master Cleanse, I don't think it's the same as what your talking about. So, maybe honey is fine for what you're doing. question.gif

#8 Keats

Keats

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2004 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE(blackbirdbeatle @ May 24 2004, 11:18 PM)
Okay, many of you know that I'm one of the skeptics of the liver flush. I'm not refuting that there are no stones in your body, just not the amount that people claim, regardless of what is on curezone, and I don't think the flush really does exactly what people say.

Anyway now on to my alternative, which I was told by my mom's friend, the MD who does operations on livers, gallbladders, etc... and who has done research on cholesterol earlier in her career. Now I was quizzing her again about liver flushes and she said that if you are patient and wait up to a year doing this every day, this should get rid of all stones(it would take a lot longer if there were actually thousands of stones).

What she said is acutally floating around these boards. YOu are supposed to take i teaspoon of good apple cider vinegar with a teaspoon of honey with a glass(a coffee mug or similar sized) of WARM water with each meal. You are to sip this throughout the entire meal. What this does is that it dissolves the stones in the gallbladder and over time you won't have any more(of course if you don't follow a certain diet you will keep producing more if you stop drinking this).

I've searched the net after this and similar sites said the same thing. She explained it too me but being a layman in medical jargon, it went over my head(there are also many drugs that do the same thing but I know a lot of you will burn me at the stake if I mentions prescriptions).

So there you go, an alternative treatment to the alternative treatment offered by a MD.

Oh ya, there is also certain types of foods that dissolve stones and she said she'll give me a list next time I talk to her. Apple juice softens up the stones and may de quicker to dissolve.

Uhm..... I am sorry to say, but I have mentioned this probably about xxx times earlier. The product I use is called Citroslank: it mainly contains Apple cider vinegar, honey and lemon.

It should be taken twice daily, before each meal.

If you read my posts before, you could remark that it has cleaned me mainly along with the Bioflorence Chelidonium forte 500 complex (the tincture with the matters; chelidonium majus, taraxacum officinale, silybum marianum and centaurium erithraea.. so called milk thistle, dandelion, aroma bitters and something else).

So yes, that works