Photo

I need to lose weight!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Filipino

Filipino

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:00 PM

Umm.. I'm kinda the idiot... (actually I am) I need help getting a diet where I can do both: lose weight and lose acne... also what can I do during those times where I see a 99c bag of Hot Chee-tos and I can't help or those times (like on the school luncheon) where when it was dessert (chocolate cake & ice cream) I disguised myself and went three times?? I can't help it!!! I'm going nuts just thinking about chocolate cake!!! Also I'm kinda broke right now.....

One more thing.... is it okay to have some sort of physical activity/sport like maybe skating?? Cuz skating is me you know....

#2 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:05 PM

Any and all physical activities are a plus. Don't waste your time in front of a tv...or a computer for that matter! lol

Do some research into eating healthy...raw vegetables for nutrients, and cut out ALL junk foods. Your body will thank you for it.
Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

#3 Filipino

Filipino

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:41 PM

yep... good 'ol jc has the answers, lol..... just one more question..would 'Chinese' food be considered 'that bad'??

#4 Monkeypie

Monkeypie

It's like dancing only better.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:48 PM

Once you start eating better, you feel better and the cheetos aren't as tempting. The hardest part is the first three days. Just eat raw fruits and veggies for a day or two to get started. Keep moving around.
Illusion is the first of all pleasures.
-Oscar Wilde

#5 Nico

Nico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE(Filipino @ May 24 2004, 10:28 PM)
yep... good 'ol jc has the answers, lol..... just one more question..would  'Chinese' food be considered 'that bad'??

Do you mean real Chinese food or American Chinese food?
Cause American Chinese food is very bad. Real Chinese food is more healthy. There's a lot of pasta though, you should avoid that...

Oh and by the way have you ever tried fasting? Because it could help you a lot, expecially if you want to lose weight.

#6 Filipino

Filipino

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 24 May 2004 - 11:08 PM

fasting

Uuuuhhhh... i don't know what it means...

#7 Nico

Nico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2004 - 11:11 PM

That's when you don't eat anything, just drink liquids. It may sound crazy for someone who never heard of it but it's actually very very good for your body.

#8 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2004 - 11:32 PM

You know Filipino, the most important thing about anything in life is that: You must have a goal. If there is a goal you truly, truly, TRULY want to strive for, then you will be that much more focused in knocking down obstacles.

For me, in first year uni, it was to get RIPPED! So I ate all that protein a day, cup of orange juice, and I managed to stay away from all my beloved fast foods, junk foods, and everything that I loved so much. That's the kind of determination you need. If your goal is to lose weight and help your acne, then you'd better want it really badly.

Chinese food is NOT a food category! lol It's almost like asking, "Is fast food bad for you?". But you can buy salads at a fast food joint! Ok, bad example, but I hope you get my point.

Chinese foods consist of all the major food groups too. Carbs, proteins, etc. But it's just in their ingredients, the style of cooking, and condiments. Obviously, it's hard to tell how the people in restaurants cook the food (do they add MSG? refined sugars? tons of hydrogenated oils?). In general, eat EVERYTHING in moderation, and you'll be a fit and happy man. user posted image
Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

#9 Bailey

Bailey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2004 - 01:02 AM

Not to sound harsh..but STOP EATING ALL THE CRAP! :lol: I mean, come on. You know what foods are bad and what foods are good..you said it yourself. Replace the bad foods with good healthy foods like fruits and veggies. And like JC said, moderation is the key. And YES..DO EXERCISE!!!

I suggest doing a short fast or master cleanse to rid your body of all that crap you've been putting into it. Then start eating healthier.

#10 Scotty_G

Scotty_G

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 30 May 2004 - 07:09 PM

I just had chinese food tonight (Jani) if anyone knows what that is lol.

#11 Umkazar

Umkazar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2004 - 10:24 PM

How fat are you? Like whats your height/weight/bf%?

#12 mandy97

mandy97

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2004 - 10:50 PM

Hey

I used to hate diets but went on one for acne and ended up losing 10 lbs!

I followed the guidelines of the "Acne Prescription" book by Dr. Perricone but did the program this way. You have to do it strictly for a month, then after that you can re-introduce stuff in to your diet that you cut out. The basics are no refined sugars, no soda (only water, tea, soy milk), no bread. You can eat chocolate as much as you want. You have to eat fruits and vegetables that are bright in color because they have the most antioxidants. Drink tons of water! I drink about 2L a day but 8 glasses is good.

So for breakfast:

Plain old fashioned oatmeal (no sugar!)

a fruit (apples, pears, oranges, strawberries, blueberries or blackberries, kiwi)

water

Lunch

A salad with olive oil and lemon juice with a chicken breast or a can of tuna

fruit

water

Dinner

Chicken, fish or beef

with a vegetable as a side or a salad

fruit

For snacks- fruits or raisins, nuts

Try it. It sounds like you'll get hungry but it's amazing how you dont. Good luck

cool.gif

#13 hobo2alpha

hobo2alpha

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2004 - 06:57 AM

Hello Filipino,

Here is a great place to start! www.waisays.com

Scroll down to the list for "no more overweight". She clearly demystifies how to lose weight, but is kinda tricky to first understand.

Also, a note about fasting. It may be healthy, but your brain does need 125-150 grams of glucose a day.

#14 Sam The Man

Sam The Man

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2004 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE(hobo2alpha @ May 31 2004, 03:44 PM)
Also, a note about fasting.  It may be healthy, but your brain does need 125-150 grams of glucose a day.

Yes, but the brain can also use ketones for fuel. And it can make glucose from certain amino acids.

Basically fasting is a major stress for your body and you will lose muscle mass while doing it. I wouldn't recommend it.
Who wants to be normal? Who wants normal results? We want to be exceptional. Exceptions confirm what is not normal

#15 stray

stray

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2004 - 01:44 PM

Oh if skating's you then definitely go for it, but you mean rollerblading? I rollerblade practically every day, now that I'm done with high school I try to. I manage to get at least 30-60 minutes of physical activity and I must say, I think it has helped to lower my stress levels a great deal. Stress can aggravate acne, so try to unwind once in a while. I have also seen that chocolate really doesn't worsen MY acne, as I am eating it quite regularly and so far I haven't had breakouts. I should point out that I have started taking a form of birth control called Yasmin, which for us girls prevents weight gain and reduces breakouts, so that may also help. I had been taking another type of Pill that broke me out mildly for a year; in the end I was so fed up I changed it.
Of course, maintaining a fairly healthy lifestyle helps a great deal as well: NO smoking or drinking, working out, having a daily facial regimen, cutting out junk food.. I was a junk food lover myself but little by little I've reduced it to some chocolate once in a while. I'll just say you need some willpower and every day concessions (not necessarily great).

Good luck!