And to sum up in another way...Why you need these things:Zinc
- Anti-oxidant/anti-inflammatory, hormone balance, collagen production, lipid metabolism, blood sugar, immune system, DHT inhibitor
, helps with blood sugar, needed to make seratonin & therefore melatonin for sleep, thyroid hormone production ...A
- sebum quality and fat metabolismCarotenes
- Precursors to vitamin A, Anti-oxidant/anti-inflammatory, Lycopene
inhibits DHT and IGF1.B vitamins
- Take a good complex. Needed to produce digestive acid (HCL); fat, carb and protein metabolism; thyroid hormone (B2,3 6); Androgen hormone (B6); sebum(B2,)C
- Anti-oxidant/anti-inflammatory, collagen, adrenal health, immune system, bone health and just about everything as C is needed to produce all kinds of cells--skin, bone, white blood, hormones, etc. It boosts production of DHEA, a master hormone that regulates estrogen and progesterone production.D
- immune system including protective substances in skin, glucose metabolism, controls the release of melatonin and regulates the pituitary release of growth hormone. Allows minerals to absorb properly and metabolize in the body. Regulates normal cell growth function and promotes blood sugar regulation. Additionally, vitamin D assists in the buildup of healthy tissue Chromium
- Glucose metabolism,Selenium
- Immune system,Magnesium
- glucose metabolism, needed to make seratonin/melatonin for mood, sleep. inflammation, pain, everything... http://www.acne.org/...might-heal-you/Anti-oxidants and plant nutrients
- Anti-oxidant/anti-inflammatory, and various plant substances have other specific benefits such as protecting from UV ray damage, liver health, anti-histamines, circulation, inhibit cancer, Anti-microbe (fungal, viral, biotic), binds up toxic heavy metalsSulfur amino acids and plant compounds
(Methionine, Cysteine, NAC, MSM, SAMe, Taurine, CALCIUM D-GLUCARATE, GLUTATHIONE, GLUTAMINE, plant substances to numerous to list)- Anti-Inflammatory, Liver health, glucose metabolism, inhibit cancers, inhibits some gastrointestinal microbes that cause illness,Glyconutrients
Bind lectins, see Hyperkeratinization for links to more info. The ZAG enzyme thread is full of info on glyconutrients)
Enhance natural killer (NK) and T Helper (TH1) cell function in the body. NK cells destroy almost all harmful cells--fungi, bacteria, viruses, cancer. Glyconutrients also boost stem cell production. Stem cells have the ability to replicate any cell in the body to repair damaged tissue.
Good food sources of helpful glyconutrients are garlic, onions, yams, sweet potato, parsnip, carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, brussels sprouts, tomato, berries, pineapple, pawpaw, rice bran and aloe vera. However, there are 8 essential glyconutrients and you need all 8. But a few are hard to get. Glucosamine is an example of a common glyconutrient supplement that binds up the wheat gluten lectins and not commonly found in the diet. It's made of chitin which is what the shells of insects and crustaceans are made of. And fungi such as mushrooms ttp://www.immunity101.net/rts/index.asp?a...&siteid=229Choline
from egg yolks, meat. Used to synthesize a neurotransmitter called acetytcholine which regulates the flight or flight response, amongst other things.Molybdenum
- sulfur amino acid metabolism (as in making Taurine), recycling of protein in tissues. you only need a trace, but without it, all kinds of processes can't happen.Lipoic acid
- Anti-oxidant/anti-inflammatory, glucose metabolism. Goats milk products is a good way to get the building blocks for your body to make lipoic acid.Omega 3
- Anti-oxidant/anti-inflammatory, glucose metabolism, UV damage, lowers IGF-1 levels
Best sources are fatty cold water fish, but it's in all fish, many nuts, seeds and Omega 3 rich vegetables
- Digestion, inflammation, immune system,Fiber
- glucose metabolism, digestive system, binds toxins and hormones released by liver to remove from circulation therefore hormone balanceProteinHealthy Fat
-Stable Blood Sugar
- inflammation and hormones, healthy cell turnover,Exercise
- glucose metabolism, stress, circulation, lymph circulation, brain function, mood,Healthy liver
- hormone removal, toxin removal, glucose metabolism,Healthy adrenals
- hormonesGood digestion
- nutrient absorption, inflammation, food intolerances and allergies, IBS/Leaky GutGood Sleep
- umm, everything
Sunlight and bright light exposure - Vitamin D, sleep, mood
Lymph flow - immune systemGreens and dark green veggies
- richest source of all kinds of vitamins and phyto-nutrients.Flavorful plant foods, herbs, spices, teas, etc.
Green Tea - Anti-inflammatory, anti-androgen...
Black Tea - Anti-inflammatory...
Rooibos - Anti-inflammatory...
Peppermint/Spearmint - anti-androgen and estrogenic.
Chamomile - healthy blood sugar, anti-inflammatory, calming for stress and sleep.Phytochemical lists
Goat milk/cheese/yogurt - As opposed to cow. You don't actually need it. But benefits include it's easier to digest, 3x higher in octanoic acid which is converted to form lipoic acid which is a powerful antioxidant, protecting from excess free radical damage to DNA. Some of the longest lived cultures have goats milk as a big part of their diet. Octanoic acid is also found in coconut oil, and human milk is higher in octanoic acid than cows milkAvoid/limit Dairy
- common allergen, difficult to digest, contains IGF-1 a factor in hyperkeratinization, contains BTC which may influence hyperproliferation
. and other hormones designed to help baby animals grow. And will help unwanted things in you grow. Like cancers.Soft drinks
- Contains bromide, flouride, chlorine in splenda, tons of sugar, phosphoric acid.
depletes calcium which is used to balance out the acid. If there isn't enough calcium circulating in the bloodstream, it will get it from your bones.Bromide
is a goitrogen impairing thyroid function. As is Chlorine which is in splenda.Flouride
- Goitrogen^, calcifies soft tissue leading to cataracts, 'hardened' and stroke, Fluoride
- ... causes us to absorb extra aluminum -- aluminum is the metal that shows up alarmingly in the brains of Alzheimer's victims.
- ... destroys enzymes that deliver phosphate to calcium at the tooth surface needed for strong teeth
- ... is a severe biological poison.
- Goitrogen^Smoking/smoke/auto exhaust
- source of Nitric Oxide
an important messenger in the body but excessive levels cause inflammation, lead to all kinds of inflammatory conditions, like acne and many more serious things. Smoking also inhibits the absorption of all kinds of nutrients. And smoke just plain doesn't belong in your lungs. That's why you cough.Commercially baked goods
- glycemic impact, gluten, hydrogenated fats, additives
Edited by alternativista, 05 April 2012 - 09:16 AM.