Good Things For The Many Factors That Lead To Acne

353 posts in this topic

Hi just looking at this thread again but it seems that most of the hyperlinks are broken and lead to the error: 

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you requested does not exist

While most of the hyperlinks in the food recipe thread are leading back to itself. 

Would I be correct in assuming that most of the links that link to acne.org are broken and would have to be fixed somehow?

On 3/30/2016 at 5:26 PM, beromagu said:

Hi just looking at this thread again but it seems that most of the hyperlinks are broken and lead to the error: 

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you requested does not exist

While most of the hyperlinks in the food recipe thread are leading back to itself. 

Would I be correct in assuming that most of the links that link to acne.org are broken and would have to be fixed somehow?

Yes. Every time they update the  server software links get broken & other weirdness happens.  I used to fix them, but don't haven't had time lately.  Sorry about that.   Most of the content i.e. the many ways diet affects acne: inflammation, liver, thyroid, sebum quality, food intolerance, etc is in the first couple of pages. So you can just scroll through.  

That's too bad about the Food & recipe thread.  It's been archived so can't be fixed.  But many were created by me & you can find them  by looking for my topics .http://www.acne.org/messageboard/profile/54738-alternativista/?tab=forums_topic  And searches might find the others.  
On 3/9/2016 at 9:17 PM, holdingontohope said:

What is good to do for getting rid of blackheads and clogged pores?

The only thing that ever worked for me is oil cleansing.  Edited by alternativista

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!