Photo

Everyone who wants to be 100% CLEAR SKIN + Healthy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you going to take my advice and drink lots of water? (77 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you going to take my advice and drink lots of water?

1. Of course! I already started... (57 votes [73.08%])

Percentage of vote: 73.08%

2. Maybe... I will think about it... (9 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

3. Never... I don't care/Have no effort/time (8 votes [10.26%])

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

4. Don't know (4 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Locnar

Locnar

Locnar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE(dudeman @ Jun 3 2004, 08:11 PM)
QUOTE(Monkeypie @ Jun 3 2004, 05:49 PM)
QUOTE(Locnar @ May 25 2004, 04:01 PM)
Your body doesn't need that much water. (unless you are exercising a lot). You're just making your kidneys work hard. There is NO evidence that drinking water will clear acne. Correleation does not equal causation. Learn it and live it.

You lose credibility.

Aye. Now I see that he really is clueless. Kidneys working harder? Please.

I lose no credibility. You've convienently failed to address any other part of my post.

So, for you, is there NO amount of water that would be too much? Can I just hook a tube up to my mouth and constantly drink it?

You still have no real basis to state that water cures acne. None.

Correlation does not equal causation. If you don't understand that.....look it up.
Locnar

Reviled but not restrained.

#42 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2004 - 01:37 PM

Too much water can cause water intoxication but this is mostly for people (runners, especially) who consume a lot of water and sweat out NaCl without replenishing it.

#43 Monkeypie

Monkeypie

It's like dancing only better.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2004 - 01:40 PM

I wrote "slowly throughout the day" as the original poster suggested. Not downing four gallons in a six minutes.
Illusion is the first of all pleasures.
-Oscar Wilde

#44 dudeman

dudeman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2004 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE(Locnar @ Jun 4 2004, 11:23 AM)
QUOTE(dudeman @ Jun 3 2004, 08:11 PM)
QUOTE(Monkeypie @ Jun 3 2004, 05:49 PM)
QUOTE(Locnar @ May 25 2004, 04:01 PM)
Your body doesn't need that much water. (unless you are exercising a lot). You're just making your kidneys work hard. There is NO evidence that drinking water will clear acne. Correleation does not equal causation. Learn it and live it.

You lose credibility.

Aye. Now I see that he really is clueless. Kidneys working harder? Please.

I lose no credibility. You've convienently failed to address any other part of my post.

So, for you, is there NO amount of water that would be too much? Can I just hook a tube up to my mouth and constantly drink it?

You still have no real basis to state that water cures acne. None.

Correlation does not equal causation. If you don't understand that.....look it up.

Certainly you can drink too much. Water intoxicaton is potentially very fatal. smile.gif But as we're mostly made of water, we should be drinking quite a bit, throughout the day (8-10 glasses). The kidneys (and liver, etc.) can get toxic and lethargic without water to cleanse them. Ask your doctor, if he has a clue, he'll say the same thing.

Water curing acne? Hardly. However, it can help a lot since it does indeed flushes toxins out of the body that would otherwise be filtered into the blood stream (which can cause hormonal problems) and the skin. Perhaps for a certain percentage, that's all it takes to fully cure them, but certainly not for the majority.
'Till you clear the inside you ain't gonna clear the outside.

#45 Locnar

Locnar

Locnar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2004 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE(AcneFreeProduct @ May 26 2004, 06:45 PM)
Maybe some of you are right. However, drinking lots of water WILL clear your skin. And you know what; I think that if you drink 64 oz of water, not much will change. You have to drink EVERYDAY without keeping your body drinking lots of water and never stop. Avoid sweets. What’s the worse can happen?
I drank water now for months and my face look very good. But guess what, I've started eating more sugar in the past 3 weeks and not watching what I eat and in fact I had many breakouts this week in the first time for a long time.
You see, a diet (that requires lots of emotional and physical work) can keep you ACNE FREE its all about wanting and putting the effort without giving up.

I was responding to the thread, which seem so suggest drinking water cures acne.

There is no scientific or medical basis for "flushing toxins." That is just an "alternative" buzzword.
Locnar

#46 tricia

tricia

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2004 - 03:19 PM

http://www.geocities...xiom43/h2o.html

This article on water by DOCTOR Carol Cooper refers to water flushing out toxins in her first point. I don't see how this isn't a medical term, and isn't it all semantics anyway==drinking water==peeing out waste idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif

Correlation does equal Causation there, my bladder doesn't lie :angel:

Maybe you should ask your doctor about this though.

I also think the article is very factual about water and not trying to sell anything, it even says you don't need to BUY bottled water at the end, which is an interesting read. It says water will improve skin by giving it elasticity, and helping dry skin, however I am not so sure about oily skin. I think it could help depending on what the main cause of the acne is in the first place. Water is not a cure all.

#47 Locnar

Locnar

Locnar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2004 - 03:31 PM

The "toxin" reference in this article, plus all the "tips" are not actually attributed to the doctor. The doctor's comments are only on the top. I'm not saying the tips are wrong mind you, but they don't appear to be from the doctor in that article.
Locnar

#48 tricia

tricia

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2004 - 04:00 PM

I thought you might say that, since it's not in direct quotes as the first paragraph, however, this is a journalist writing from supposed scientific sources, not holistic, and the writer cites the doctor as a source so I assume the writer gets doctors as sources. I believe drinking water to flush toxins to be scientific, if you can prove otherwise please do. You said you don't disagree though, so maybe you do agree, however you have said your not into drinking too much, I think most people don't get enough, and doctors would back it.

#49 tricia

tricia

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2004 - 04:27 PM

BTW, from my research in the medical world, I don't believe anyone who has an average 2000 calorie diet needs to drink over 8 glasses of water, unless running alot. Drinking more water than this won't magically dispel more toxins because the body doesn't work that way. If your urine is crystal clear, you are probably drinking enough, unless on alot of vitamins like b vitamins and inositol because then it will stay a neon color I've found.

#50 Locnar

Locnar

Locnar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2004 - 02:56 PM

Sorry, tricia: I'm not trying to imply that drinking water isn't good for you. Didn't mean to come off cross.

I agree with you though, drinking lots and lots of water will not flush toxins or cure any disease, including acne.
Locnar

#51 dudeman

dudeman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2004 - 04:05 PM

Yep, you know you're drinking enough water when your urine is clear.

Locnar, ask your doctor about the "toxin" flushing. He'll say it's true, but may not use the word "toxin". It's a scientific fact.
'Till you clear the inside you ain't gonna clear the outside.

#52 Badass912

Badass912

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2004 - 04:24 PM

whoa neon urine I'm taking more b vitamins

#53 Guest_Brandon_*

Guest_Brandon_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 05 June 2004 - 04:27 PM

I've been having "neon" urine lately! But I drink well over the 64oz. mark of daily water intake...

#54 tricia

tricia

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2004 - 05:06 PM

http://www.eagle-min.com/faq/faq68.htm

The last paragraph on this article on b complex vitamins says if your body is absorbing the vitamins correctly your urine should be bright yellow, if not you should change brands of vitamins.

Locnar: your not reviled but I did try to restrain tongue.gif

#55 Locnar

Locnar

Locnar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2004 - 01:59 PM

No problem Tricia.

You sure know your urine! lol.gif :twisted:
Locnar

#56 Guest_Brandon_*

Guest_Brandon_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 07 June 2004 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE(tricia @ Jun 5 2004, 03:53 PM)
The last paragraph on this article on b complex vitamins says if your body is absorbing the vitamins correctly your urine should be bright yellow, if not you should change brands of vitamins.

phew! Thanks a lot tricia. I feel better now. Well actually I'm still miserable, but at least there's a reason my piss is the color of Gatorade.

#57 Badass912

Badass912

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2004 - 04:41 PM

alright I've been drinking a lot of water like 10-12 glasses (8oz.) trhoughout the day for the lst couple of weeks and I've been noticing some differences:

1no changes in my breakouts, it didn't prevent any from coming unforuneatly
2my red spots seem to start fading really fast now, after a pimple comes it take 2 days to become a little red spot
3my face is so hydrated! cleansing and bp haven't made me flake and i'm not even using moisturizer

#58 dancing_queen707

dancing_queen707

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2004 - 10:39 PM

My mother had acne in the 70's when doctors told people that it was always their diet, so she eliminated most sugars, fats, etc. from her diet and only ate fruits, vegetables, and the like. This approach did not help her at all. I believe that eating well contributes to overall health as well as some skin health, but it is wrong to say that diet is the only factor.

#59 unforgiven2

unforgiven2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2004 - 04:01 AM

i am an acne veteran so i know how bs this post is ( no offense). water makes ur skin look better but is no cure for acne. the problem with this forum is that when people do something and stay clear for 3-4 weeks they think they find a cure. but i guess u cant expect scientific rigoriousness from people.

#60 nate_king1

nate_king1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2004 - 10:11 PM

Since being on these forums I bought BP gel, reduced masturbating, reduced fats/carbs/calories and now drinking 100 Oz of water. WTF is next. I have seen a slightly better change on my face, but when will it stop. I'm 18 and had acne since I was 15. Can some credited persons tell me when I should expect this to go away.

Thank You.

2 types of people. Employees and Employers. Which one are you?