red mark

6 replies to this topic

#1 meat_pirate86

meat_pirate86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:54 AM

Hey so I was wondering if anyone has ever tried applying saliva to a wound or red mark. I mean, dogs lick their wounds right? Just curious if this helps with blemishes.

When I get a mosquito bite I put an 'x' over it with my finger and some spit and it stops itching and the swelling goes down too.

#2 tagalong

tagalong

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:24 PM

Ooh, sounds kind of fun. biggrin.gif I think I used to do it for mosquito bites and stuff when I was little. It could probably help, I dunno. maybe I will try it.

From a cursory examination of studies it looks like human saliva does not have nerve growth factor that was found in rats saliva to heal wounds. We do have histamine and some other antibacterial agents in our saliva that could help with wound healing. Saliva was also shown to heal wounds faster than when a wound was not treated. So it could help.

Someone on yahoo answers said their drooling seemed to be causing acne, lol.. And I saw something else where someone had their dog lick their back to make acne go away.

My routine

Mornings: 1 glass of lemon
1 tbl of total EFA
1 tsp of cod liver oil

Afternoon: detox tea

Night: probiotics

Topically:
Just water acv

#3 daxxx

daxxx

Go Outside!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:27 PM

Interesting idea. This may gross you out but i used urine on my last cyst 2 weeks ago, and it went away immediately. Seems the best stuff is made by our bodies.
Went from severe to mild acne from Tane, working towards perfection now.

#4 EnlightenMe

EnlightenMe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:46 PM

I wouldn't! I've always speculated that saliva is a cause of acne because everytime I get my own spit on my face, or spit on my face from kissing, I seem to develop some acne in that area. I distinctly remember drooling on myself about a month ago, and I forgot to rinse it off. Next morning I had a painful red one. Everytime I get spit on my face, I rinse it off immediately.

#5 Charlotte_89

Charlotte_89

Charlotte

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:food(nutrition), cooking, eating food, gym, shopping, going out, family, b oyfriend..

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:18 PM

to be honest, umm..ive peed in the bath before to try and get rid of my acne. i don't know if it worked but..it sure as hell was the most relaxing thing i'd done in a while.

[I heard that urine was good for getting rid of acne...there was some logic to this lol!]
. . .Life is just a mirror, and what you see out there, you must first see inside of you. . .

#6 evasion

evasion

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (daxxx @ Mar 23 2009, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting idea. This may gross you out but i used urine on my last cyst 2 weeks ago, and it went away immediately. Seems the best stuff is made by our bodies.

except urine is expelled from our body as waste
Trying to lower the Glycemic Load of my diet. I think this might be my cure.

#7 Alucard

Alucard

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:02 AM

I do this, and i actually think it is helping my acne smile.gif
I dont use anything other at the moment.. When i shower, i wash my face- That is ca. every 2 days. I swim once a week and the days after my skin always gets worse sad.gif

But i think this saliva thing is helping!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users