Photo

Can u needle nose scars?

icepick needling

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 NEGATIVE CREEP

NEGATIVE CREEP

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:25 PM

the scars that bother me are on my nose and right by the nose...i remember someone saying that collegen growth is different in the nose area and i know this area is sensitive so do u think needling them might make them worse? also since they are at hard to reach areas i was thinking of just using single needles instead of a roller...also once i needle what should i put on the area?

oh and i think the scars i have are rolling and icepick but im not positive

#2 NEGATIVE CREEP

NEGATIVE CREEP

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:21 PM

bump

#3 tom1

tom1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:39 PM

I seriously would not mess with the skin on your nose. the blood circulation is different on the nose and you could make it worse and have a red/pink nose forever.

#4 NEGATIVE CREEP

NEGATIVE CREEP

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (tom1 @ Mar 23 2009, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I seriously would not mess with the skin on your nose. the blood circulation is different on the nose and you could make it worse and have a red/pink nose forever.

well ive never had a problem with redness/pinkness the color has always gone away eventually no matter how much i messed with it...im mainly worried about making the scars deeper

#5 kforkate

kforkate

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:42 AM

i am not sure really, but i have needled an old piercing scar on my nose and it did not stay red

#6 tom1

tom1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:30 PM

I guess it has to do with alot of stuff, like how thick your skin is and other things. I doubt it would stay red but just be extra careful with the skin on your nose vs the rest of your face.

#7 v_singh

v_singh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:51 AM

well both Dr punjabi and Dr Chu who work at Hammersmith hospital both told me that they do dermaroller on the nose area aswell as the rest of the face. im pretty sure they know what there talkin about. only difference in my case was it was reccomemned for the large pores on my nose not scars.

#8 NEGATIVE CREEP

NEGATIVE CREEP

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (v_singh @ Mar 26 2009, 02:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well both Dr punjabi and Dr Chu who work at Hammersmith hospital both told me that they do dermaroller on the nose area aswell as the rest of the face. im pretty sure they know what there talkin about. only difference in my case was it was reccomemned for the large pores on my nose not scars.

oh so needling helps large pores? cuz thats another problem of mine

#9 SubState

SubState

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:33 PM

bump!

#10 appleberry

appleberry

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:38 PM

i did needling on depressed scars on the nose (one on the very tip of the nose and one on the side just below the bone) with individual tattoo needle going apprx 1.2 mm deep. i did see slight improvement but i have not used any products to promote collagen building, well, apart from copper peptide. now i got narrow roller to roll-needle them, because i believe the results would be better when needling slightly wider than scar area. before i did only inside the dent. in my case the scars definitely did not get worse. but be careful. and it is more painful than on other parts of the face, but bearable.

and regarding the topicals. if to do everything right, you need to start vitamin A (cream or retin-a cream) at least 1 month before the procedure and incorporate vitamin C (l-ascorbic water solution) and continue the regimen after the procedure as the new collagen require some time to form. certainly do not apply vit C and retin-a just after the procedure. personally, i use copper peptides.

hope this helps.

Edited by appleberry, 30 August 2010 - 06:50 PM.

#11 SubState

SubState

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:36 AM

Hi Appleberry! thanks for the information! I just started using retin-a for for like a week or so, so I'm not seeing any improvements yet from that. Just curious, what do you mean by 'dent'? cause the scars I have on my nose are scarred pores and I was wondering if they might show improvement when i individually needle them.