Photo

Finally! Spectro HydraCare!

canada

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 ospray

ospray

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

Hi all! I just saw an ad for new Spectro moisturizers! Here is the product page:

http://www.spectrosk...rs_product.aspx

I am super excited to try this out eusa_dance.gif Please post if you have seen in it stores, or have tried any of the moisturizers.

#2 ospray

ospray

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:07 PM

So I found the line in Shoppers Drugmart today. There are three versions: Normal/Combination, Dry, and Blemish Prone skin, but they all have essentially the same ingredient list. I tried a bit of the Dry skin version on my hand and felt it left a very SLIGHT sticky residue (but not terrible), so I opted for the Blemish Prone version since it was a smoother feel. I will update after a few days of use.

Price at Shoppers was $15.99, but I am sure it will be cheaper elsewhere once other stores get stock.

#3 bunnyhoods12

bunnyhoods12

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:39 PM

Glad I found this post. I recently bought the blemish-prone moisturizer at safeway. Using a club card it cost me about 9 bucks. Anyways I have been using cetaphil facial moisturizer and it has been great so far. I want to try something new and I went and bought hydracare.

I'll update in a few days to see how it goes.

#4 ospray

ospray

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:18 AM

$9 is a great deal...good catch.

Here is my update:

I was also using Cetaphil previously, but found it incredibly "greasy" feeling. It always left this yucky film on my face...although I admit it moisturized well.

In contract, the Spectro lotion goes on wonderfully: it soaks in quickly, and leaves a very smooth texture without a yucky film! It claims to be fragrance free, which is true except when you first apply there is a mild smell I can't even describe, but it goes away instantly.

I was using Cetaphil with a few drops of jojoba oil, and so I kept adding that to Spectro Hydracare. After a few days I noticed more flakiness than before, and I've concluded that Spectro does not keep the flakes away as well as Cetaphil does...but for me, Spectro is a much superior lotion that feels great on my skin compared to Cetaphil and I can live with adding a little more lotion or jojoba to make up for the slightly less moisturizing properties.

I feel after a week of use my skin looks very smooth, and it is quite soft. It may be my imagination, but pores look smaller and the tone is more even...but this just may be because I found that the "greasiness" of Cetaphil enhanced these things for the worse.

Next time I may try the "dry skin" version to see how well it moisturizes. But this moisturizer is definitely one of the better products I have used (esp. in contrast to Ceaphil which you may have caught on that I very much dislike).

#5 zhfac

zhfac

Sylvia, get your head out of the oven.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:16 PM

15.99? Ow. What is this club card?

#6 the_se7en

the_se7en

NitroX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:02 PM

Has anyone tried the HydraCare combination skin moisturizer...? I've been using the Dove Sensitive Skin moisturizer, well it doesn't really do much... I don't really feel it helps the skin get well moisturized and by evening time my skin starts looking shiny/oily...
Accutane - July 28th '08 - November 28th 08 - my log at http://www.acne.org/...howtopic=206511

Acne Free since December 2008! THANK YOU ACCUTANE!

Current Daily Regimen

Morning & Night

Cleanse with Dove Sensitive Skin Cleanser
Immediately moisturize with Dove Sensitive Skin Day Lotion

Nivea For Men Energizing Scrub 4x a week - after gym... and moisturize right after.

" Never mind what haters say, ignore 'em 'til they fade away. "

#7 cascadia

cascadia

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:12 PM

Would also love to hear from anyone who's tried the combination skin option. I normally use Oxy daily moisturizer with SPF, which also uses salicylic acid, but I found that it sometimes makes my skin shiny (likely from the SPF) and I was looking for another option, so I picked up the blemish-rpone version of hydracare.

I like it, but I'm not sure it moisturizes enough for me, especially given that it's winter right now. I use oxy emergency acne facial cleanser or Clean&Clear continuous control facial cleanser (both of which contain 5% BP) before applying the moisturizer, and I'm finding I have to use 2 pumps of hydracare with a bit of cetaphil dry skin moisturizing cream mixed in to get even close to moisturized enough. Even then I think my skin is still left a bit dry, as it sometimes develops an oily sheen later in the day .

Is the hydration better with the combination skin version? I love the way my skin has improved with this product, but would prefer not to have to use quite so much of it and for it to moisturize better. I feel like maybe it was designed for teenagers with very oily skin (I'm 22 and my skin has become significantly drier from when I first started breaking out in high school).

#8 babyblueeyes

babyblueeyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:25 PM

Actually, just to let you guys know, the normal/combination version of Spectrocare is the EXACT same ingredient list as the Blemish-prone formula. I personally found this moisturizer to also feel too sticky for myself over time. Just my 2 cents... hope this helps smile.gif

My Current Routine:

AM
Proactiv Renewing Cleanser
Proactiv Revitalizing Toner
Proactiv Repairing Lotion (a THIN layer)
Moisturize with Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 30 (such an awesome moisturizer with sunscreen)

PM
Dove Nutrium Bar Soap (to remove makeup)
Proactiv Renewing Cleanser
Proactiv Revitalizing Toner
Proactiv Repairing Lotion
Slather on Olay Classic Moisturizing Beauty Fluid

#9 pitocus

pitocus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:35 AM

has anyone tried this supplement , an all--natural supplement, was created to alleviate arthritis symptoms while restoring damaged joints.

#10 TMB

TMB

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:02 AM

I was using the Spectro HydraCare for a few months, but my skin just seemed to always be red during the day when I had it on, then when I washed my face at night it was so much calmer. I thought maybe it was the HydraCare since I was only using that during the day. I went and bought Complex 15 face cream and it has made a big difference. I think it's the sal acid in the HydraCare -- combined with the BP it was causing too much irritation.

I also discovered another trick -- I took ibuprofen for a headache this week, one in the morning and one at night and noticed the next morning my face was a lot less red. So I looked around the net and message boards and it started to make sense...it's an anti-inflammatory so it works for any inflammation in the body. I wouldn't take it every day, just on the days you have a very inflamed pimple or area. I took it last night and same thing this morning, my face is much calmer.

#11 orchid12

orchid12

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:43 PM

I am using the combination skin one (orange label), and I love it! I had previously tried the blemish prone one and didn't like it as much (not as moisturizing). It is very lightweight and non greasy but doesn't have that watery consistency like some light moisturizers do... it is just nice. Has not broken me out yet, and mixes very nicely with one drop of jojoba oil. I have tried about 6 or 7 moisturizers in the past few months, and all broke me out or dried me out except this one! (tried SkinLogics, Neutrogena sensitive skin, Olay Classic for sensitive skin, Complex 15, Clean and Clear Dual Action, Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, Marcelle AC, and more).

So happy I have finally found *MY* moisturizer! It also goes nicely over top of BP.

#12 Mae312

Mae312

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:20 PM

I used the one for blemish prone skin but stopped because I hated the way it felt! Did anyone else find it felt like glue? Other than that it didn't irritate my skin or anything, I just wish it didn't feel so gluey.

#13 _cate_

_cate_

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:18 AM

I went through a bottle of the purple label stuff for blemish prone skin.. it was ok, but like other ppl mentioned - a bit sticky on my skin. Also, it wasn't moisturizing enough, so i would add jojoba. I was never quite in love with it, but i don't think it broke me out/clogged pores. I definitely found that I couldn't use it with BP or retinol because of of salicylic..

Yesterday, they were on sale for $10 at my pharmacy, so I decided to pick up the orange one for combo skin since I am totally out of any moisturizer and couldn't decide on what to buy next (everything makes me break out, incl. Cetaphil). It feels a lot less sticky than the other one and more moisturizing. Makes me a bit shiny, but nothing I can't dab away. I've only used it twce now, so I'll see how it goes.

The ingredients are almost the same as the purple one, except the purple one contains L-Carnitine, which is supposed to be exfoliating and moisturizing.. but perhaps leads to that sticky feeling? Not sure, don't know too much about that ingredient. Also, I figure that the ingredients are probably in slightly different proportions, changing how moisturizing and/or sticky it is......

#14 5ive

5ive

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:39 PM

I was so excited to see this too at Shoppers the other day. Except that I saw one of the ingredients was salicylic acid, which paired with BP could be over drying. But then I decided to read the label on Cetaphil and saw all of their random ingredients. Oh well, maybe when my current Cetaphil runs out I'll switch.

The price seems a bit steep, does it last long? It's such a small bottle...

Edited by 5ive, 13 December 2010 - 02:40 PM.

Check out my Regimen Log HERE.

Back on DKR full force after trying to get off of it with horrible results.

#15 john.muir

john.muir

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:00 PM

My mom works for the company that produces spectro products, so I get all of my regimen products for dirt cheap. i use the combinaion skin, and it really goes nicely with the 2.5% BP. Though sometimes I get litle patches of white residue..not sure if thats the BP or the moisurizer