This topic is archived.
9 replies to this topic

#1 allysaurus

allysaurus

just dance!

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain..

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:23 PM

I've had a giant cyst on my forehead for over a week now and it's not going down at ALL no matter how much ice I put on it or ibuprofen I take. In fact it's getting bigger, more painful, redder, and harder. It's evil. I swear it's the size of a dime and impossible to hide.

I figure since it won't sink down and go away on its own, I'll try to bring it to a head. But after a weeks worth of warm showers...it's just not coming to a head. Do cystic pimples never come to a head? I have Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask on my face right now...hoping it may draw it up to the surface. It feels like a rock hard ball underneath the skin. I wish it would just leak out on its own sad.gif
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live...

#2 deadliest catch

deadliest catch

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:32 PM

dont pop your pimple, your going to severely scar your face. i would go to the derm and get a shot.

another thing dont touch it at all!! its going to cause more infammation.

#3 nikonD70s

nikonD70s

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:42 PM

some cyst do not come to a head. usually the really round ones. if theres puss/blood inside it NEEDS to be drain. or it wont heal cuz of all the fluid inside. and either way its going to leave a scar. depending on your skin and knowing your skin. if it was me i would pop it cuz i know my skin and cysts. if your afraid to pop it on your own then you should go to a derm and let them drain it. its likely gonna stay on your face for a very very long time if you dont drain it. and as time goes by it will just collect more and more fluid inside and get infected. i find it when i pop my cyst my scars heals faster and better than when i just leave it alone. my theory is that if you dont pop it and leave it. over time it just collects all the fluid and puss and it gets infected inside and it will turn darker and it infects the inside it leaves a hole in your face. just from my experience. theres other treads about people scaring when they leave it alone and doesnt scar or scars less if they pop it.

#4 acne_battle

acne_battle

this is Ollie, my parents cat which I took a pic of on my b day

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38
About Me

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (deadliest catch @ Mar 19 2009, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dont pop your pimple, your going to severely scar your face. i would go to the derm and get a shot.

another thing dont touch it at all!! its going to cause more infammation.

Not everyone scars from popping pimples. Everyone is different. Just dont use your nails.

I feel your pain. I had a cystic pimple on my chin for three weeks and it wouldnt go away at all. My derm injected it with cortisone and it was gone by the next morning
My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen
Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash
Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream
Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream
Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles
Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen
Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls
starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only
Apply Differin to face and chest
Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream
Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream
Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

#5 allysaurus

allysaurus

just dance!

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain..

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:11 PM

I just talked to my mom and she is completely against going to the derm and getting a cortisone shot. There's nothing I can do to talk her into it.

I'm sitting here severely depressed right now. I can't believe I'm letting this pimple get to me but it really is. I seriously don't know what to do with it anymore. It won't come to a head, it won't go down, it won't get any less BLOOD RED. It's the size of a dime...no exaggeration. It's rock hard and huge...feels like a giant marble underneath my skin. It hurts like a bitch and I just had a good cry about it.

I just started spring break and I had so many plans to go out....and now I've cancelled all of them because I'm definitely not going to let anyone see this sucker in broad daylight. I feel miserable. And I've been waiting for spring break all quarter...I've been so stressed out and I was so excited to just relax and enjoy the week. Now I just want to crawl into a hole and die...I just sat in the mirror for an entire hour staring at that pimple and thinking of how happy I would be if it just magically disappeared.....

I feel like hell. Knowing my luck, this won't even go away before school starts back up again. You have no idea how badly I want it to come to a head...I just want to get all the gunk out...but now I feel like there IS no gunk because no matter how hard I try, it's still a big red lump.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live...

#6 Ninja

Ninja

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:39 PM

WOW! I think you and I have the exact same issue with our cyst. Typically, when I get a pimple anywhere on my face, 99.9% of the time it will come to a head and I can take the liquid out. However, when I get a forehead cyst, it becomes a lot more serious.

3 Weeks ago, a small and barely noticeable pimple appeared on my forehead. I thought nothing of it. As days passed by, I noticed the skin surrounded the pimple getting more pinkish. After the first week it was officially a cyst. It was small but without a head. By the end of Week 2 it was a full blow red cyst. Throughout my day I could feel it throbbing on my head. I tried Fucidin H cream. The cream contains hydrocortisone. The same crap they inject when you get a cortisone shot but in a cream form. It didn't work. I think because the cyst is too deep for the cream to penetrate.

I have tried putting extremely hot water to the cyst to help drain it. Last weekend, I noticed some liquid coming out of it. Very little and then stopped. Today my cyst is big again. Mine is also the size of a dime – maybe bigger. I have started to use Clindoxyl. Clindoxyl contains 5% Benzol Peroxide and 1% Clindaymycin. Awhile ago, I developed a similar cyst on my neck. I applied this product on my neck for about 5 days and the cyst was completely gone. No scar or anything. It's like it ate up all the crap inside my cyst. Needless to say, my forehead is a bitch. Every time I get a cyst like this, the scar takes about 4 to 6 months to heal. This is because I have always squeezed forehead cysts in the pasts. The guys above recommend you squeezing it. If I were you, don't. Squeezing these type of cysts make the infection spread and go deeper. So please don’t squeeze it even if you see a tiny head.

I'm on my 4th week now with this cyst. It looks like a bump on my head. Not a pimple/cyst. But it is still very embarrassing. Just like you I have halted my social life because it is truly embarrassing having such a big cyst on my forehead.

I will keep you posted and I hope you will do the same. But like I said, do not squeeze it.

#7 pog

pog

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Travel, gaming, Disney, animals, conspiracy theories, youtube

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:41 PM

Do you have any differin? I don't use differin all over my face, but I use it to spot-treat evil, un-poppable cysts. Instead of having them camp out on my face for weeks, they're gone within a couple days.

#8 Fists

Fists

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:57 PM

You should drain it ASAP, dont squeze it though you'll just make it bruise badly and get bigger. Get some rubbing alcohol or similar cleansing agent apply it to the cyst and a pin, the smaller the better, then prick the cyst and squeze it gently, you'll want to have tissues at hand. once it is mostly deflated apply more disinfectant and use a bandaid if it keeps bleeding.
This will at least reduce the amount of permanent damage. I have no idea how to get them to heal completely though, mines been there for almost a year I think (on my cheek) and my derm has no other sugestions.

#9 cysts r evil

cysts r evil

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:52 AM

I think it is best you have a discussion calmly with your mother and ask her to take you to the doctor I have delt with cysts for close to 15 years and they are very painful... I know what you are going through.. In some cases you can get away with draining them but I would recomend getting a professional to do it as the scaring can be horrific.. If it is inflammed and red you will need to get a shot of cortazon not sure how to spell it..hahah The reasoning behind that is .. it kills the infection .. if it is infected you can drain the fluid constantly but the bacteria inside needs to be killed or it will jus continue to plague you.. The shot itself can be very uncomfortable as there is usally a lot of pressure on cysts... it is also important to keep the skin clean and use a antibacterial soap if there is any drainage as additional contact from the pus can lead to more outbreaks or a more severe infection.. I have had certain cysts where they have had to do a minor surgery to remove the gland.. so it will not have the opportunity to regrow in the future .. that was in extreme cases.. I had one the size of a tennis ball in the center of my back. I highly doubt that that will be necessary for your case.. If it is hard to talk to your mom just tell her that these skin problems can cause extreme scarring if left untreated.. play the sympathy card and let her know you are very upset and that you are worried about having scars on your face.. I know how uncomfortable it can be to have cysts especially in a place others can see .. If it is on your face go to the doctor talk to him he may even just start you on antibiotics and drain it..then likely give you a antibiotic cream.. do not drain cysts yourself if they are on your face.. I have a few scars on my face from draining them on my own.. I quickly learned if it is on the face go to the doctor it only takes a few minutes out of your day... If you live in town you can likely go with a friend or family member who has some free time and it will not interfere with your moms schedule.. I wish you the best of luck and hope this clears up for you

#10 cysts r evil

cysts r evil

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:11 AM

you got the right idea squezing is a bad thing especially on the face as the scaring and infections can get very bad.. if you keep getting the cyst in the same place sometimes it is just a bad oil gland and they can cut it out.. really minor surgery in the docs office.. If the lump is not doing anything you may need to get it removed or live with the lump.. I have had experiences where the body creates a capsule to cut the infection from spreading and the cyst hardens and basically turns into a ball of what looks like fat and it has to be cut out.. If they solidify they dont usally have any pain but tend to make you uncomfortable about apperance.. I wish you luck hope the skin clears up.. I just can not sleep I got a big one in the middle of my back again and got to go get it cut open but have been avoiding it as I am in a third world country right now.. i do not like the docs offices here hahahah i have had this done enough I know the procedure pretty good wish me luck hahaha eusa_dance.gif

sorry just learning how to work the message board