accidentally shaved over a pimple

1 reply to this topic

#1 daman123

daman123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:52 PM

not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes.

i shaved over a pretty small pimple the other day. one that would have cleared up in like two days at most if i had left it alone, but i accidentally shaved right over it with a gillette fusion razor. it now seems to be like a cyst or something. i am pretty sure this is not going to go away by itself now. is there anything i can do about this personally without seeing a derm?

i used to have severe acne but took accutane and now i get occasional pimples, but nothing too bad, but i think this has turned into a cyst.

also i have heard that electric razors are a lot better for people with sensitive skin and acne. is this true? would i have avoided this situation with one? thank you alll.

#2 nobody.

nobody.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (daman123 @ Mar 19 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes.

i shaved over a pretty small pimple the other day. one that would have cleared up in like two days at most if i had left it alone, but i accidentally shaved right over it with a gillette fusion razor. it now seems to be like a cyst or something. i am pretty sure this is not going to go away by itself now. is there anything i can do about this personally without seeing a derm?

i used to have severe acne but took accutane and now i get occasional pimples, but nothing too bad, but i think this has turned into a cyst.

also i have heard that electric razors are a lot better for people with sensitive skin and acne. is this true? would i have avoided this situation with one? thank you alll.

OMG i did the exact same thing 2 days ago! Shaved over a pretty small spot with a wilkinsons sword razor and it hurttttttttt! Turned into a nasty nodule type spot. I dont need to shave that often but i have used an electric razor before and they are very nice to your skin! Although more expensive, they are worth it!

The only advice i have is to use a nice shaving cream/foam and be as gentle as possible. Try and map out where your spots are and when going over them release some pressure. Theres nothing you can do really just have to let it take its course.

Shaving + acne = Most difficult thing in the world! sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users