#1 cartoon

cartoon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 23 April 2004 - 02:32 AM

hey guys
iv been eating garlic raw for the past 4 days now and since i've gotten loose stools. when i consume one clove of garlic it burns my stomach and makes me feel terrible for like 4minutes. is this normal? should i stop?

#2 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2004 - 09:15 AM

iv been eating garlic raw for the past 4 days now and since i've gotten loose stools. when i consume one clove of garlic it burns my stomach and makes me feel terrible for like 4minutes. is this normal? should i stop?

Ooooh!! I think that i forgot to mention that. I read this a while after posting about garlic. A small % of people who have, I believe, is leaky gut syndrome and might have adverse affects to eating garlic (i.e. the stomach pains). So cartoon, definitely for now, stop taking garlic before I can verify this ok?
Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

#3 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:37 AM

Ive been taking allicin pills for a few days, and the first few days i felt horrible. Stomach pains, etc. After maybe 4 days though im feeling alot better. With most things, your body needs to get use to certain products, like protein shakes, try taking those for a week and youll be using the bathroom every second, but after a week your body starts to get use to it and everything feels normal. Id try garlic for at least a week and if things only worsen then stop.

#4 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2004 - 03:18 PM

Hey Cartoon,

The reaction from the garlic could be from your microbes. Garlic is very powerful, and is almost like an antibiotic. It attacks bacteria and toxins, so it might be making you feel ill. Maybe cut back to half a clove per day then work your way up. I'm hoping that your body will adapt to the strength of it then you'll be used to it from then on.

It's a great 'food' to take everyday. I hope that you'll be able to continue it. smile.gif
Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users