cyst green tea

4 replies to this topic

#1 TrickAssP

TrickAssP

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:37 PM

OK, what a big impact acne can have on every single aspect of your life. This I know all too well and I am sure many of you do too. I am 28 years old and like many, have suffered from mild acne from the age of 15-18 then something happened and I exploded into a cystic disaster. I'm not going to waste time going over all the terrible ways acne scars, the fact is it can be beaten and you can have great skin with only minor lifestyle adjustments.
(One thing to keep in mind is that MY cystic acne was caused by inflammation.)

So, here is what worked for me:

1. I cut out ALL wheat and dairy products from my diet.
This can be hard at first but eventually you will find replacements for everything. As a side note, I workout hard 5 days a week so don't think you wont get enough calories eating this way. Here is a typical day for me:
Breakfast: Oatmeal (you can get wheat free stuff at the health food store although I find plain Quaker Oats is OK for me). Mid Morning Meal: Sardines (I love them!) and a couple of potatoes) Late Lunch/After the Gym:A half bag of rice pasta with bolognese sauce Late Dinner: Two chicken breasts and loads of brown rice and veggies. Also - loads of green tea and water throughout the day.

2. Stuff I avoid!!!!!!:
~ WHEAT
~ Dairy (although I think some is OK. I do miss pizza though)
~ I use to smoke pot ALOT several years ago so I quit that
~ I don't smoke cigs anymore either
~ Drinking...well, I only drink very rarely now and when I do it is vodka/water with glasses of water in between drinks. No wheat means NO beer or Whiskey or Scotch (things Canada is built on).
~ Coffee. Its hard to quit, theres no doubt and although I don't think it CAUSED my cystic acne it certainly has helped my condition since I have stopped drinking it.
*As a side benefit, I have cut out almost all junk food from my diet.
*When I go to out to eat I almost always get a chicken Caesar salad with no croƻtons or cheese and either French fries or sweet potato fries. Pretty simple but you cant go wrong. So far none of the dressings have caused a problem.
*One last thing, going wheat free requires a HUGE eye for detail. Read all labels well and if there is something you are not sure about, do not buy the item. Go home and research if that ingredient is wheat free or not. Lots of work I know but it is worth it to me for amazing skin.

3. Skin Care Regimen:
~ I only use SpectroJel scentless face soap. Its great. I have found that even if I just wipe my face in the morning with water and a towel it gets too dry so the SpectroJel is great for me.
~ I work outside so I do use a high SPF lotion on my face. Its by Neutrogena, nothing special.
~ I use typical shaving stuff, nothing special there either.

Well folks, I have tried everything in the past, expensive lotions and creams, every prescription possible, full body cleanses, and basically I have spent a ton of money on junk. I know how desperate you may feel.

Well, thats about it! It took me about a month to see fantastic results. I'm not promising anything but if my skin was a 1 it is now easily a 9. Give it a shot if you want and let me know how you are doing,
Take care.

#2 LittleL

LittleL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:20 AM

Wow congrats on getting clear! I am more motivated to try a diet like this after reading your post. I have several symptoms of candida but I wasn't sure whether or not it was causing my acne, but now that I've read this I think I'll give eliminating dairy and wheat a shot. I have stopped smoking pot and cigs so I guess that's a step in the right direction eusa_dance.gif Also my acne has seemed to clear up a bit since I did that. My only concern is the caffeine. I've tried to quit in the past and it's given me severe migraines for a week after quitting to the point that I felt like I was dying and had to go back. How did you deal with this? Also, do you think I might still see results if I keep caffeine as my one weakness? Thanks again for the advice!

#3 TrickAssP

TrickAssP

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:29 AM

I'm glad you are thinking about changing your diet. I thought I had Candida in the past and thus tried several types of cleanses. For me, good food equals good health. Your sports car isn't going to run on cool-aide so you give it premium gas. Give your body premium too. As for coffee, I was still drinking it until recently then I witched to black and found my consumption go down greatly. Then I started drinking more green tea. It still has caffeine in it but much less than coffee. I love sipping on a warm drink pretty much all day long, I find it comforting so I also drink a lot of herbal teas (peppermint, chamomile et.) One other trick to help in cutting out coffee is to stay up late on a night you know you will have a few days off after. So, Friday night stay up really late then sleep in until mid afternoon, this should help beat those early morning coffee cravings and let your body readjust to less caffeine while asleep. Try this for a couple days then start drinking water and some Advil if it is still giving you headaches. I found that not drinking coffee helped my skin repair MUCH faster in getting rid of those brutal red spots and also, you need water and hydration to get your skin clear. Give it a try, and trust me, a headache for a week or the feeling like you cant leave the house for a week because of a breakout? Its so easy to do really. Let me know how it is going!
BEST

#4 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:31 PM

Headaches from caffeine withdrawal just have to be lived through until it passes, but you can try doing it gradually. I went through it because I was taking those aspirin, acetaminophen and caffeine tablets like Excedrin. I thought they were wonderful. But even though caffeine never has a noticeably stimulating effect on me, I finally figured out they were the reason I was unable to sleep through the night. I could go to sleep just fine like always, but would wake up about every 2 hours.

And congratulations on improving your diet and clearing your skin. Keep getting the word out. If derms hadn't all told me there was no connection between diet and acne, I might not have had to suffer from acne for 30 years. Not when diet changes cleared me within a couple of months. There are more details in my sig along with links to tons of info on the many, many ways diet effects acne and other aspects of your health.

Note to everyone else, gluten and dairy are the two most common food sensitivities, but they might not be yours. For example, citrus is what caused the severe cystic acne I used to get. Dairy and gluten aren't problems for me, at least not with acne or any other issue I can detect. You have to experiment with eliminating different foods for several weeks to see if it makes a difference to you.

#5 LittleL

LittleL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

Thanks for the great advice!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users