Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Going on MASTER CLEANSE

23 posts in this topic

I'm going on the master cleanse for at least 20 days. For you non curezone visitors it involves basically only drinking a drink made of lemon juice maple syrup and cayenne pepper mixed with water. A very good detox and many have cured their acne with it. Wish me luck this thing is hard i might need encouragement. Just got done drinking my senna tea starting tommorrow!!!! biggrin.gif

Good luck!! Keep us posted. Have you done this before? It sounds very extreme.

Illusion is the first of all pleasures.

-Oscar Wilde

Good luck AFI! My gf went on it for four days and just couldn't handle it anymore. She has.....special circumstances though. wink.gif Keep us updated!

Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

I lasted about 3 hours. :-#

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

Just wanted to say I was new to this forum. In regards to the topic, I don't think detoxing for more than 7 days is a good idea. After a while, it stops becoming beneficial and more of a detriment to your body. Your body will start to be in "crisis mode" so to speak. Your gonna lose a lot of weight if you go with nothing but this for 20 days. And I would think your body is gonna start tapping into your reserves for vitamins and minerals that are essential for cellular and body functions. I would do it for a shorter period of time, and if you are going to do it for 20 days, I would think you should have something more than just that drink you described. Better yet, I think the liver flush is the key to beating acne, as the liver is basically at the heart of the matter. Just my opinion...

I lasted about 3 hours.  :-#

lol......Ms. Foody couldn't go the distance.

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

Why not just fast? Well, I'm a faster..so why does drinking that stuff help? Isn't that just putting more stuff into your body when you're trying to get everything out?

Hey I was wondering if it's safe to do the MC if I'm underweight and I absolutely don't want to lose any more weight??? It's hard enough to gain weight...

On the master cleanse you will lose about 1 pound every 1-2 days...

This depends on how many calories you burn per day of course...

[sig-img:479]

Well still on my first day, a little hungry but oh well more lemonade then i guess. In regards to your guy's questions.

Just wanted to say I was new to this forum. In regards to the topic, I don't think detoxing for more than 7 days is a good idea. After a while, it stops becoming beneficial and more of a detriment to your body. Your body will start to be in \"crisis mode\" so to speak. Your gonna lose a lot of weight if you go with nothing but this for 20 days. And I would think your body is gonna start tapping into your reserves for vitamins and minerals that are essential for cellular and body functions. I would do it for a shorter period of time, and if you are going to do it for 20 days, I would think you should have something more than just that drink you described. Better yet, I think the liver flush is the key to beating acne, as the liver is basically at the heart of the matter. Just my opinion...

Last week I was on Master Cleanse. I planned to do it for ten days. But I couldnt last more than a week. I did have cleansing reactions because I also took Arise and Shine's cleansing herbs to make it more effective to break the mucoid plaque up. I also took digestive enzymes along to make it more effective too. Actually, it is called Ultimate Cleanse. Beause I also took Benonite and Psyillum shake. Yeah I have lost one pound per a day. Now, I have noticed that I have re-gained pretty quickly. But one thing has disappointed me that my bowel movement still isnt great. Hmm. I am supposed to have it at least two per a day. I am working on it. Right now I am focusing to re-establishing the intestinal flora (freindly bacteria) enviroment for three weeks by taking kefir milk, eating cutlured vegetables, and taking Primal Defenses from Garden of Life. Basically, I am following a "Your Last Acne Solution" program. I also am working on to optimize my digestion by accurating my digestive cycle based on nature's daily cycle. Like from mid-morning to mid-afternoon, it is when I eat large meals. From night to mid morning, it is when my body is under cleansing. From mid afternoon to night, it is when my body goes through nutritent absportation.

Anyway, Wish you goodluck being on this cleanse. It is important to listen your body on this cleanse too. Not just only focus on your head what tells u to do. It can cause more harm than good.

I did have cleansing reactions because I also took Arise and Shine's cleansing herbs to make it more effective to break the mucoid plaque up.

No, I have never passed any mucoid plaque. I wish I could witness it. It could be passed into divided pieces?

No, I have never passed any mucoid plaque. I wish I could witness it. It could be passed into divided pieces?

WEll its the end of my second day, sheesh was pretty rotten. I had a headache all day an felt quite sick(6 bms gonna cut down on senna tea). Weird last time i did MC i din't experience this stuff till day 5 which is usually the worst day. Oh well I realize its toxins escaping and i'm not new to fasting at all so I know what to expect, still it really sucks. I really hope i don't beak out because its a big possibiltiy with all the toxins leaving. Heh 20 days seem so far off, oh well i'm gonna do it. Anyone who wants to do this with me is welcome it would very cool to have a fasting buddy especialyl when things get hard. By the way I'm not taking the P&B shakes yet i did them last time but right now i feels its best for me to stick with just pure MC then maybe use them later.

I do my 4th liver flush this Wednesday..then I'm going right into a Master Cleanse. 40 days!!! I hope I can do it. smile.gif

AFI, if you need a buddy, I'm happy to do it.

Heh, its funny to see this old thread ressurected. Since I last posted this i have done 2 master cleanses. The first one was only 10 days instead of 20 like I said i was going for, which is completely fine. I would have gone longer but it was exam time and my detox symptoms were very harsh this time around and i didn't want to fail just because i had a cloudy mind at the same time. Hmmm another MC, thats tempting Bailey, the only problem is right now i ahve not broken out in like 2 weeks and I'm very steadfast not to try to change anything to make sure its my regimen that is keeping me clear. But if by friday I still haven't broken out I might do another MC. By the way, Bailey have you been able to clear your acne through your liver flushes or are you hoping that the MC will do that? I have never known anyone who hasn't cleared their acne in a 40 day mc, so you have lots of hope. Prepare yourself mentally, and if you are a kid( never can tell on these boards), tell your parents what you are doing, believe me i've been through the "sneeking around with maple syrup and juicing lemons in my room" kinda thing. Anyways if i do it I'll post here, you can do the same if you want. Happy cleansing.

AFI~ Oh, I didn't know this thread was that old. I guess I'm going at it alone. tongue.gif I don't really have acne, just a pimple here or there. And no, the liver flushes haven't really done anything externally, just internally. I'm pretty much prepared. I fast a lot, so I don't think my detox symptoms will be as bad as yours..I probably won't even feel anything. I'm 21, but I live at home with my mom. I do weird stuff like this all the time..she probably won't even notice. :lol: So, I'll keep yall updated on my MC. I start Wednesday after my 4th liver flush.