Photo

Going on MASTER CLEANSE

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 AFI

AFI

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:41 PM

I'm going on the master cleanse for at least 20 days. For you non curezone visitors it involves basically only drinking a drink made of lemon juice maple syrup and cayenne pepper mixed with water. A very good detox and many have cured their acne with it. Wish me luck this thing is hard i might need encouragement. Just got done drinking my senna tea starting tommorrow!!!! biggrin.gif

#2 Monkeypie

Monkeypie

It's like dancing only better.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:43 PM

Good luck!! Keep us posted. Have you done this before? It sounds very extreme.
Illusion is the first of all pleasures.
-Oscar Wilde

#3 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:52 PM

Good luck AFI! My gf went on it for four days and just couldn't handle it anymore. She has.....special circumstances though. wink.gif Keep us updated!
Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

#4 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:08 AM

I lasted about 3 hours. :-#
The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

#5 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:12 AM

I lasted about 3 hours.  :-#

lol......Ms. Foody couldn't go the distance.

#6 metman

metman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:34 AM

Just wanted to say I was new to this forum. In regards to the topic, I don't think detoxing for more than 7 days is a good idea. After a while, it stops becoming beneficial and more of a detriment to your body. Your body will start to be in "crisis mode" so to speak. Your gonna lose a lot of weight if you go with nothing but this for 20 days. And I would think your body is gonna start tapping into your reserves for vitamins and minerals that are essential for cellular and body functions. I would do it for a shorter period of time, and if you are going to do it for 20 days, I would think you should have something more than just that drink you described. Better yet, I think the liver flush is the key to beating acne, as the liver is basically at the heart of the matter. Just my opinion...

#7 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:44 AM

I lasted about 3 hours.  :-#

lol......Ms. Foody couldn't go the distance.

True! biggrin.gif

"Let food be thy cure" ... no one mentions starving!
The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

#8 Bailey

Bailey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:50 AM

Why not just fast? Well, I'm a faster..so why does drinking that stuff help? Isn't that just putting more stuff into your body when you're trying to get everything out?

#9 Nico

Nico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2004 - 07:41 AM

Hey I was wondering if it's safe to do the MC if I'm underweight and I absolutely don't want to lose any more weight??? It's hard enough to gain weight...

#10 Joel

Joel

coke zero = win

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 April 2004 - 09:24 AM

On the master cleanse you will lose about 1 pound every 1-2 days...

This depends on how many calories you burn per day of course...

[sig-img:479]

#11 AFI

AFI

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:01 PM

Well still on my first day, a little hungry but oh well more lemonade then i guess. In regards to your guy's questions.
Just wanted to say I was new to this forum. In regards to the topic, I don't think detoxing for more than 7 days is a good idea. After a while, it stops becoming beneficial and more of a detriment to your body. Your body will start to be in \"crisis mode\" so to speak. Your gonna lose a lot of weight if you go with nothing but this for 20 days. And I would think your body is gonna start tapping into your reserves for vitamins and minerals that are essential for cellular and body functions. I would do it for a shorter period of time, and if you are going to do it for 20 days, I would think you should have something more than just that drink you described. Better yet, I think the liver flush is the key to beating acne, as the liver is basically at the heart of the matter. Just my opinion...

I think what your reffering to is a water fast and yes i believe fasting on just water for this long would very hard your body but this is different. The drink I described has all the nutrients the body needs to run nothing more nothing less. In fact some people go on this for 40 or more days (i might just do that.) The reason that this cleanse is better then just fasting is because it is a less harsh way then water fasting to purge your body of all toxins. It aslo can be maintained for a very long time whereas water fasting after 3 weeks can be harmful. I plan on doing this cleanse till my tongue is bright pink, a sign that basically all toxins have been elminated. I'm not downplaying this cleanse it is very hard and requires much mental and spiritual preparation. MY first MC was 10 days long, and i felt much better after it, but i was far from clean, i'm gonig all they way thsi time.

#12 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:33 PM

All those thinking of doing or are doing the WF should join/read this forum:

The Water Fast Forum on Curezone. Much better resources there!
http://www.curezone....ums/f.asp?f=335

#13 AcneFighter

AcneFighter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2004 - 07:16 AM

Last week I was on Master Cleanse. I planned to do it for ten days. But I couldnt last more than a week. I did have cleansing reactions because I also took Arise and Shine's cleansing herbs to make it more effective to break the mucoid plaque up. I also took digestive enzymes along to make it more effective too. Actually, it is called Ultimate Cleanse. Beause I also took Benonite and Psyillum shake. Yeah I have lost one pound per a day. Now, I have noticed that I have re-gained pretty quickly. But one thing has disappointed me that my bowel movement still isnt great. Hmm. I am supposed to have it at least two per a day. I am working on it. Right now I am focusing to re-establishing the intestinal flora (freindly bacteria) enviroment for three weeks by taking kefir milk, eating cutlured vegetables, and taking Primal Defenses from Garden of Life. Basically, I am following a "Your Last Acne Solution" program. I also am working on to optimize my digestion by accurating my digestive cycle based on nature's daily cycle. Like from mid-morning to mid-afternoon, it is when I eat large meals. From night to mid morning, it is when my body is under cleansing. From mid afternoon to night, it is when my body goes through nutritent absportation.

Anyway, Wish you goodluck being on this cleanse. It is important to listen your body on this cleanse too. Not just only focus on your head what tells u to do. It can cause more harm than good.

#14 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2004 - 08:51 AM

I did have cleansing reactions because I also took Arise and Shine's cleansing herbs to make it more effective to break the mucoid plaque up.

AcneFighter--
Have you actually passed any mucoid plaque buildup? I hear that P&B shakes help with this, but it takes a while (~1 month), that is, if you even have any.

#15 AcneFighter

AcneFighter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:29 AM

No, I have never passed any mucoid plaque. I wish I could witness it. It could be passed into divided pieces?

#16 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:59 AM

No, I have never passed any mucoid plaque. I wish I could witness it. It could be passed into divided pieces?

I have no idea! But from what I see in the pictures.......it's a sight to see. :-s

#17 AFI

AFI

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2004 - 11:00 PM

WEll its the end of my second day, sheesh was pretty rotten. I had a headache all day an felt quite sick(6 bms gonna cut down on senna tea). Weird last time i did MC i din't experience this stuff till day 5 which is usually the worst day. Oh well I realize its toxins escaping and i'm not new to fasting at all so I know what to expect, still it really sucks. I really hope i don't beak out because its a big possibiltiy with all the toxins leaving. Heh 20 days seem so far off, oh well i'm gonna do it. Anyone who wants to do this with me is welcome it would very cool to have a fasting buddy especialyl when things get hard. By the way I'm not taking the P&B shakes yet i did them last time but right now i feels its best for me to stick with just pure MC then maybe use them later.

#18 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2004 - 11:49 PM

Wow...20 days! Don't worry...we're all behind ya. GO GO GO! =D>

#19 edenfield

edenfield

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2004 - 05:46 PM

I'm on day 7 of my MC. Feeling great!
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#20 Nico

Nico

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2004 - 07:28 PM

I wish I could do that, however I lost enough weight as it is...