Photo

Kitty litter for oily, large pored skin?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Varsha

Varsha

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:47 PM

So, I was searching through someone's channel on YouTube for cheap beauty tips, and I noticed a video on her profile marked "Kitty Litter Facial Mask".

Video's here, by the way: http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel

What she does is uses cat litter, (clean and unscented), as a facial mask to detox your skin. She uses two tablespoons and a decent amount of water to make it muddy, along with an oil for her skin, and then heats it up and uses it as a facial mask.

If you watch the video, the thing about it being volcanic ash and good for your skin makes sense.

But I was wondering . . .

Has anyone tried it? Or heard of it before? It's a first for me.

#2 ayla

ayla

dum spiro, spero

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:29 PM

Yup - I've heard of it. Kitty litter is just clay - bentonite I believe. I'm pretty sure aztec secret is the same thing. Still, even knowing this, I could not bring myself to put it on my face, lol. If you do, make sure to buy unscented, non-clumping - the really cheap stuff.

#3 someday

someday

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

When I read this at first I was certain it was trolling. I was like "wtf? kitty litter??" But on actually viewing the video it's kind of compelling.

#4 arina

arina

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:44 PM

i love michelle! yea, i would do this, generic kitty litter is just clay so go ahead and give it a try biggrin.gif

#5 TheHonoraryLoli

TheHonoraryLoli

Wharrgarbl!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:30 PM

As an owner of cats, I can assure you that kitty litter straight from the bag/container is really not gross at all. Since clay masks work so well, there's no doubt I would try this. The clay is so expensive if you buy it in the jars and kitty litter is so cheap.

I don't really see why people find it so gross - cats don't use it before you put it in their box, so it's not contaminated or anything! Then again, I rarely use masks so I probably won't try it anytime soon.

#6 ryoko

ryoko

Tender Buttons

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:59 PM

Nice idea.. but it's easier and safer to use Queen Helene Mint Julep mask. It contains the bentonite that Michelle talks about.

Plus it's already pretty cheap to begin with about $3 a tube. smile.gif

#7 Varsha

Varsha

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:25 PM

Everything about the mask makes sense, especially the bentonite. I bought a bag a few days ago and I'm planning on trying it after my skin clears up a bit more from the topical prescription I've recently been using.

And about the Mint Julep Mask, I dunno. For me I see the kitty litter as having less consequences, but only because I don't know how my face would react to the other substances in the Mint Julep Mask.

But thanks, guys. smile.gif

#8 Natashak

Natashak

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:47 AM

Kitty Litter Facial Mask is ALL OVER The internet.
It is said that the Bentonite Clay is the same clay that fancy spa's use as facials.
Ironically enough this clay is found in All natural clay kitty litter.
It must be unscented, no additives, All natural clay.
Most Walmarts, pet stores and Co-ops (aubachons) have their own cheap brand of clay.
Make sure it is unscented!

How to make:
Mix about 1 cup of kitty litter in a small bowl
Add enough warm water to make the clay a little bit soupy. Not too much!
Put into microwave for 10-20 seconds if needed.
You want the clay warm but not hot. This will help to obsorb into the skin.
Apply the water only! to clean skin.
Wait 15-20 min and wash off!

The Bentonite clay is a natural detoxifer for the skin. It Is made out of all natural volcanic ash. The ash cools and the clay is formed.
Its a highly obsorbant clay which pulls oils and toxins from the skin and tightens and tones.

**Little Secret** Try adding 5 or 6 non coated asprins to the kitty litter facial! Research Asprin Facials. You will be amazed on the reviews!

An aspirin face mask contains acetylsalicylic acid, and when used regularly can help treat acne-prone, oily skin. Other benefits include pore-cleansing and skin-softening effects.

Try the asprin facial alone or with the kitty litter facial!

#9 SkinBeingaDouchebag

SkinBeingaDouchebag

:)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:09 PM

I saw this on ellen degeneres biggrin.gif