Photo

Desperately need suggestions on how to treat neck cysts / nodules!

cyst nodules aha alpha hydroxy acid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Glasgowe

Glasgowe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:09 AM

For the past month or so I've had at least one cyst / nodule on my neck, but in the past it's been much worse. Recently, though, more cysts / nodules have been cropping up rather suddenly and they make me feel uglier then ever. I've lurked on these forums for awhile now, but I haven't really been all that pro-active when it comes to searching out treatments. I mean to change that though. I can't stand living half-assed and constantly depressed because my acne just won't go away. I'd rather live with it knowing that I've tried to seriously get rid of it then live wonder what if what if, though I realize healing and treatments generally take long periods of time.

Anyways, attached are pictures of my current facial acne. I have some body acne going on too, but I'm more concerned with the acne going on with my neck, as its hideous and very prominent. The only medicine I'm taking for it is doxycyclene ( misspelled? ) and I'm not using any other products at present to treat it. My diet is shite . . . soda, pizza, fruit pebbles, etc haha.

Any suggestions, regimens, or holistic advice would be very much welcomed. Please help!

Attached File  Photo_495.jpg   84.41K   1464 downloads
Attached File  Photo_497.jpg   81.23K   926 downloads

#2 cookie_mistress

cookie_mistress

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:42 AM

The more sugar I eat, the worst my skin gets. I'd advise cutting out the soda and sweets, and eating regular, healthier meals. Can you cook? I'd recommend spaghetti bol over pizza, simple stir-fries with rice or noodles etc etc.

#3 acnekeloid

acnekeloid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:22 AM

Hi:

I know it may sounds gross.
I have been drinking Organic Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with PURE honey daily.

Just take 2 tablespoons, mixed with 16 oz water, and 1 tbs honey.
This is supposed to be detoxifying for your body.
You can also try applying the Apple Cider Vinegar directly to your cysts.
It might sting but vinegar is supposed to kill the bacterias or dry them out.
Then if you have Benzoyl Peroxide (oxy/clearasil) apply them a whole lot on the cysts, after the Apple Cider Vinegar has dried on your neck.

Hope this works.
And I drink Pure Juiced Carrot juice daily. It's supposed to help with your acne b/c it has very very high amount of Vitamin A, which Accutane is a derivative of.

Don't buy the store bought juice, they are loaded with sugar and almost no more vitamin left.
Just munch the carrots or juice them and drink them right away, they are very very sweet.
mix them with apple if you are not sure about the carrot. they taste delicious. and cut down on the pizza, sugar etc. the more greasy food you eat the more it can break out.
try them for yourself and discover if your body is trying to tell you something.

just skip pizza, sugary food, greasy food for a week or two. drink the apple cider vinegar and pure carrot/apple juice and see what happens.

good luck.

#4 dirtbomb

dirtbomb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:39 AM

Glasgowe...

Did you try the Acne.org Regimen? If not:
http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

If you follow it precisely I believe you can get rid of all your acne. I'm on it right now, still not clear but I'm on my way. The benzoyl peroxide which is used in the regimen is great for killing individual spots as well, so if you don't wanna do the whole regimen you might still wanna buy some benzoyl peroxide and put on your cysts/whatever. Or you can go see a dermatologist aka skin doctor and have the motherfuckers killed. I've never done that, though, but I reckon an injection could get rid of that one on your neck in the first picture, for example.

For individual treatment of cysts, check out this excellent thread:
http://www.acne.org/...it-t166343.html

Also, people are applying baby ass ointment on their acne. Seems to be working great for lots of people. It has zinc oxide in it and zinc is good. You can pick it up in any store that carries diapers, really. Buy one with lots of zinc oxide in, like 40%. Then try put some on a cyst overnight with a band aid and see if anything happens. If not, keep doing it for a few nights, cause it can take some time. Here's a thread, but if you search for "diaper rash" you'll find more:
http://www.acne.org/...ts-t227078.html

I also suggest you try out the apple cider vinegar method already mentioned in this thread, it seems like it's something that really works for people. Check out this thread:
http://www.acne.org/...ar-t127875.html

If you check this thread as well, created by me, and read the reply from user "what2do" you'll see she had great results from both apple cider vinegar (ACV) and the ass ointment. And I believe she has cysts, too.
http://www.acne.org/...ct-t227663.html

Hope this helps a bit. Like I said, I'm not clear myself, but I hang out here quite a lot so I pick up lots of useful stuff. Hehe.

Take care and good luck man!

#5 Glasgowe

Glasgowe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:59 AM

Thank you all of you! I will be ordering the above listed products tomorrow after work!

#6 dirtbomb

dirtbomb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:15 AM

If you're getting the apple cider vinegar, get one that's organic. I don't know if it actually makes a difference but everyone keeps saying it does. Put some in a glass of water in the morning and in the evening. Drink it with a straw. I don't know how much ACV you should use though - some people drink 4 TEAspoons a day and some drink 4 TABLEspoons. I do 2 tablespoons a day, I'd like to have more cause I love it but I don't have a job... Hehe. surprised.gif

Also, do you drink coffee? If you do, you might wanna try cutting down or quitting for a while and see if anything happens. Some people seem to get acne from drinking coffee - do a search and you'll find threads on it. I don't know if it's the caffeine or something else but people do break out from coffee - just not everyone.

The same goes for alcohol. If you're a drinker you might break out from that - lots and lots of people say they break out after a night out. I don't know if you have to get really smashed or if a single beer can cause acne, but I personally know people who normally don't get any acne at all who still get at least on pimple after partying.

You might also wanna try the paleo diet, or something similar. It's basically what hunter-gatherers eat, and they don't (at least not the ones who live today) have acne. Some people get amazing results. You stop eating all grains, sugar, possibly starch (potatoes etc), and dairy. Humans didn't really start eating much, if any, of that stuff until about 10.000 years ago, when we picked up farming, and that's when stuff like caries, diabetes, most likely acne etc appeared. And remember that human beings have existed for at least 150 000 years. I tried a somewhat modified paleo diet myself for 4 weeks, but it didn't work for me. It was basically hell cause I don't eat meat or eggs or fish, so without grains I basically had to eat only vegetables and fruit for every meal. I kind of wanna try it again though, cause I really believe it can work - I probably didn't give it enough time. Just search for pictures of hunter-gatherer peoples and you won't find a single person with acne. Most of them have excellent teeth too, by the way, and their farming neighbors have fucked up ones like us civilized. Wheat, maize, rice, sugar - all that shit is poison.

AND, I forgot to mention, I don't recommend you try all this stuff at once. I sort of did, and realized that if ONE of the things actually work, I will have no idea what it is. I started drinking ACV, quit the coffee, started icing zits and eating ibuprofen. All at the same time basically, while I was already on the Acne.org Regimen. So today I'm having a cup of coffee to see if I break out from it.

#7 OnePissedPenguin

OnePissedPenguin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:26 PM

hey dude, I have an input here. I found that using the regimen on those cysts (I had exactly the same thing, but around the back of my neck more) made it worse. don't get me wrong - the regimen will work on the smaller pimples on your face, but for those big cysts you know what I did? I just moisturize. that's it. no soap on that area in the shower, just water. Then afterwards, moisturize. The skin heals on it's own.
I guess for me the skin in that area is more sensitive to the regimen, so I went for 7 years on the regimen without figuring out that that was making it worse in those areas.

so yeah:
no soap,
no BP,
just water in the shower,
moisturize afterwards to aid healing.

come back in 2 months and tell us all about it.

good luck

#8 AMW

AMW

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:58 PM

Any updates on what worked?
thanks

#9 DukeBlueDevils

DukeBlueDevils

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:27 PM

- Don't drink ANY sugary drinks. If you absolutely must, make sure it has under 10 grams of sugar. Try to drink nothing but water (that's what I do).

- For eating, just don't eat anything that has 10 grams of sugar or more. That's what I do. Also, no chocolate. And no burgers or french fries. Everything else is ok.

And absolutely do NOT stress (examples of stress : crying or getting angry).

#10 MrDallas

MrDallas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

I would eliminate wheat and grains from your diet

Instead of eating white rice, eat brown rice.

#11 Luis909

Luis909

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:46 PM

i have the same tooo..ive tried everthing