Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GERIATRIC ACNE

3 posts in this topic

I am 57 years old and have had acne most of my adult life. I have had ALL of the various types

of acne too. Cystic, whiteheads, blackheads, never come to the surface types, sit on your face for weeks and regular annoying as-all-get-out-pimples that hurt and itch. And I know this sounds like an infomercial BUT.....

I have been using Dan's products for just about 1 month now and there is no longer any doubt in my mind that at my stage in life my acne is caused simply by bacteria. I have been faithfully using the cleanser, completely air drying my face, applying the benzoyl peroxide, air drying, then applying the moisturizer. In the morning I can then apply my liquid foundation, but I'm also close to going makeup free as soon as my reddish spots fade. My face purged off and on the first 2 weeks and had some irritation from the BP so scaled back on the amount I used. I have NEVER used moisturizer during the day and NEVER ,EVER under makeup. That seemed to always clog pores, but since I've been doing the regimen my skin has totally changed. My skin is not producing the amounts of oil either. At most anytime I could normally squeeze oil or plugs from around my nose twice a day. That was how oily my skin used to be. My pores have minimized a great deal also probably because they are not producing as much oil. If someone had told me my skin would look this clear and smooth a month ago I would be very skeptical. The real test will be how the products perform during the summer as I live in the SE. Wish now I had taken before and after pictures to post. For years I thought it was hormones and at some point it may have been. Also tried Tazorac from a derm doc. about a year ago. Also tried Murad products and for me there is absolutely no comparison. For the price of the products (to me they are reasonable) and shipping I have a whole new outlook. Other things I do that may contribute to my healthy skin is that I exercise regularly 3 times a week. I do not concern myself with what I eat, but I practice portion control and consume very little dairy. This is not meant to sound like the "cure all" but hope some of what works for me works for someone else as well.

I'm glad the regimen is working so well for you. :) But 57 is FAR from geriatric. ;) You're simply an adult with acne. Talk to me again about geriatric acne when you're 80, ok? But by that time, that will be considered the 'new 40'!

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

^ I was thinking the same. :) You're not geriatric! That made me giggle though.