makeup

2 replies to this topic

#1 yayagirl57

yayagirl57

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:42 PM

I am 57 years old and have had acne most of my adult life. I have had ALL of the various types
of acne too. Cystic, whiteheads, blackheads, never come to the surface types, sit on your face for weeks and regular annoying as-all-get-out-pimples that hurt and itch. And I know this sounds like an infomercial BUT.....

I have been using Dan's products for just about 1 month now and there is no longer any doubt in my mind that at my stage in life my acne is caused simply by bacteria. I have been faithfully using the cleanser, completely air drying my face, applying the benzoyl peroxide, air drying, then applying the moisturizer. In the morning I can then apply my liquid foundation, but I'm also close to going makeup free as soon as my reddish spots fade. My face purged off and on the first 2 weeks and had some irritation from the BP so scaled back on the amount I used. I have NEVER used moisturizer during the day and NEVER ,EVER under makeup. That seemed to always clog pores, but since I've been doing the regimen my skin has totally changed. My skin is not producing the amounts of oil either. At most anytime I could normally squeeze oil or plugs from around my nose twice a day. That was how oily my skin used to be. My pores have minimized a great deal also probably because they are not producing as much oil. If someone had told me my skin would look this clear and smooth a month ago I would be very skeptical. The real test will be how the products perform during the summer as I live in the SE. Wish now I had taken before and after pictures to post. For years I thought it was hormones and at some point it may have been. Also tried Tazorac from a derm doc. about a year ago. Also tried Murad products and for me there is absolutely no comparison. For the price of the products (to me they are reasonable) and shipping I have a whole new outlook. Other things I do that may contribute to my healthy skin is that I exercise regularly 3 times a week. I do not concern myself with what I eat, but I practice portion control and consume very little dairy. This is not meant to sound like the "cure all" but hope some of what works for me works for someone else as well.

#2 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:13 AM

I'm glad the regimen is working so well for you. smile.gif But 57 is FAR from geriatric. wink.gif You're simply an adult with acne. Talk to me again about geriatric acne when you're 80, ok? But by that time, that will be considered the 'new 40'!

#3 Siava

Siava

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Location:the South where grits are a staple and frog legs are a delicacy.
  • Interests:Lots of stuff.

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:32 PM

^ I was thinking the same. smile.gif You're not geriatric! That made me giggle though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users