Photo

Microfiber Cloths

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 angel07

angel07

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:36 AM

Hi everyone!

I recently began using a microfiber cloth to exfoliate the skin on my face. The one I'm using is called "Miracle Peel Cloth: 100% dermal safe microfiber skin perfecting cloth" from sheermiracle. It's made of 80% polyester and 20% polyamide. I have used it twice now, and it does a great job of getting rid of flakes. However, I tend to start breaking out after exfoliating. I was using a baby hair brush, and I never broke out from that, but it didn't do a good job of getting rid of the flakes. The two times I have used the microfiber cloth, I broke out pretty bad even though I was gentle. Plus, I only break out during my period, and the times I used the cloth, I wasn't on my period. I can't think of anything else to make me break out.

So...has anyone else used a microfiber cloth? And if so, how did you like it? Why do you think I'm breaking out from this? My guess is the material.

Any opinions/reviews will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

#2 angel07

angel07

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:42 PM

Nobody uses a microfiber cloth??

#3 MiBFTo

MiBFTo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:15 PM

How often are you using it?

#4 Siava

Siava

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:19 PM

Hi, angel. I alternate between the baby brush and a microfiber mitt. I like both and neither one causes me to break out. The only thing I can think of is perhaps the cloth is just too irritating for your skin. sad.gif Not much help, but I can't think of anything else it could be if you've only used it twice.

#5 angel07

angel07

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:05 PM

I'm now using the microfiber cloth every few days. On the days I don't use it, I exfoliate with a baby hair brush. I'm being very gentle, but for some reason it irritates my skin. It's weird because the baby hair brush seems to be more rough than the cloth. Oh well, I guess I'll stop using it. Even though my face isn't dry and flakey, it's red and irritated now. Darn!

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Oh, and how do you usually clean your cloth? I just wash with hot water and some facial cleanser. Is this a bad idea? Should I be putting it in the washer instead?

#6 Siava

Siava

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:18 PM

I wash mine off in the shower just like you and hang it on my shower hook thingamajig. I do run it through the wash every couple of weeks.

#7 angel07

angel07

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:11 AM

Thank you so much for your help Siava! I do love the microfiber cloth. It exfoliates very well. I'll start again in a week or two and see how my face handles it. Maybe I'm breaking out because of something else. I'll keep experimenting. Thanks!! smile.gif

#8 angel07

angel07

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:28 AM

Hey...

So I had to stop using the microfiber cloth. It was just too irritating. It made my face red and I broke out from it.

Tonight I went to a store and came across this product called Anti-Bacterial Complexion Mitt from Earth Therapeutics. It's basically a small facial mitt made from bamboo fibers. It's naturally anti-bacterial. I used it a few hours ago and it worked so well! Took away all the dead skin without the irritation!

Has anyone else used a facial cloth/mitt made from bamboo fibers? If not, I suggest you try it. Mine costs 4 dollars and I bought it at Fred Meyer.

#9 Alethia

Alethia

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (angel07 @ Mar 25 2009, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey...

So I had to stop using the microfiber cloth. It was just too irritating. It made my face red and I broke out from it.

Tonight I went to a store and came across this product called Anti-Bacterial Complexion Mitt from Earth Therapeutics. It's basically a small facial mitt made from bamboo fibers. It's naturally anti-bacterial. I used it a few hours ago and it worked so well! Took away all the dead skin without the irritation!

Has anyone else used a facial cloth/mitt made from bamboo fibers? If not, I suggest you try it. Mine costs 4 dollars and I bought it at Fred Meyer.

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you. I actually really like my microfiber cloth. Mine did the same thing to me at first. I very quickly realized that it's SO EASY to rub away too many layers of skin with these things. You have to be very careful. If you rub away too much (enough to make it red, like you did), then your skin is very open and vulnerable to infection, which leads to more breakouts. Rub gently. Once I got the hang of it, I really loved how clean it made me feel. It helped heal the scars more quickly, too. Maybe you should try that instead of giving up altogether.

#10 angel07

angel07

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:48 AM

I did like the way the microfiber cloth exfoliated my skin. Very effective! Well, I'll go buy another one and try to be very gentle this time. Thank you!

#11 Siava

Siava

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:53 AM

angel, your bamboo mitt sounds nice. smile.gif I hope it works out for you.

#12 honeymaid

honeymaid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:04 AM

So, being gentle is the key to prevent irritation then? I just got my beauty cloth from exfolia today. I'm only going to run over each section of my face once or twice.

#13 honeymaid

honeymaid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:33 AM

I just used my cloth. I did not want to apply too much pressure so I used it gently. I know it's too soon to tell if it has done anything but I did see some things on the cloth and in my basin as I washed my face with my cleanser. My face is still a little rough because Cetaphil has done a number on my face so I have a few rough patches. My face doesn't feel anymore red or irritated like it was previously due to the Cetaphil. I guess I will continue to use it once a week and report back with my results.

#14 Alex_09

Alex_09

Bleh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:28 PM

I use microfiber cloths to clean my laptop lol, I didnt know I could use it for my face... Or is it a different kind of cloth?