Photo
- - - - -

The Ultimate Problem Solver For Body Acne

zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
126 replies to this topic

#41 Hope09

Hope09

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:15 AM

Im going to try this and post my outcome!

- - - People Who I Respect - - -

• Wynne - Thank you for always supporting me and giving me some awesome tips to improve my skin. You're always their when I need ya, Thank you. :)

• DeeVoo - Seriously, You have been a real good friend to me ever since I've joined this community. You've helped me from the start and if it wasn't for you, My skin would be in trouble! Thank you :)

• Dan - Thanks for making Acne.org! If it wasn't for you! I wouldn't have the opportunity to find out I'm not the only one with skin problems and amazing good friends along the way. Thank you :)

** More Coming ** :)

#42 Aequaleis

Aequaleis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:18 PM

Now I'm just going to throw this out there (not too sure how safe/effective this is), but I put a dab of the powder on my upperchin + neck and had AMAZING results. I think it's the zinc oxide that's doing the work. I didn't really want to put this powder on my entire face, so I just put a concentrated amount on my chin and it seems to be drying everything up. I'm also taking zinc 50mg tablets so I think Zinc is def. helping. And I can't wait to see my progress in a week because I just started this yesterday! smile.gif
Removed.

#43 alliysone

alliysone

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:16 PM

okay, so i see no improvement but i've only tried it 2 times. acctually. i broke out really bad but i think thats cause all at once i switched everything. i started using neutrogena body clear body wash and this gold bond body powder. i hope it gets better (= i put it on while my back was still wet after a shower.. and i can feel it on my back.. my backs all cool feeling.it feels weird. what are zinc tablets? and where would i get them?

#44 Aequaleis

Aequaleis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:44 PM

I think you're suppose to leave the powder on all day on dry skin so it can do its thing. I just know the bottle says to make sure your skin is dry.

Zinc tablets help control oily skin and helps acne overall. Which is what gold bond powder contains--a form of zinc. I take 50 mg and always eat it with food. You can find them at walgreens or walmart with all the other vitamin supplements.
Removed.

#45 zillamosnta

zillamosnta

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:48 PM

Has anyone had success with this and used it for more than a month? If so, what was your regimen and how long did it take to show results?

#46 Cameron Sane

Cameron Sane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:00 PM

You know what's great? Putting Gold Bond on the NADS. Seriously. I love it. Just don't try it with the Foot Powder... it's called foot powder for a reason.

I learned that the hard way.

#47 nicaboy

nicaboy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:42 PM

I've been reading these posts and wanna give gold bond a try! My question is how easy it to apply to the back being that there are some hard to reach places? How are you guys applying it on your back? thanks

#48 alliysone

alliysone

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 12
About Me

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (nicaboy @ Aug 5 2009, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been reading these posts and wanna give gold bond a try! My question is how easy it to apply to the back being that there are some hard to reach places? How are you guys applying it on your back? thanks

what i do, is after my shower i pat dry my back and then stand in the shower again and just powder it straight on my back and then pat with my hand all over my back to make sure its spread all over and then i step out and rinse off the shower again. and then i sit in my towel and do whatever for about 10 minutes and then i put on clothes. it seems to dissapear over the ours. when you put it on, it will be all white but at night i'll look and its not even there.

#49 Jordanmac7

Jordanmac7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:00 PM

I believe you are supposed to leave it on your back and not rinse it off.
My Accutane Log
Click to see my Picture progress gallery
THERE ARE GOOD TIMES AND THEN...THERE ARE GOOD TIMES

#50 Hope09

Hope09

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:06 PM

I just let my brother put the golds bond on my back. I just bought some last night from walmart for $6 bucks. The bottle says to use it 4 times a day. Im using it 3 times...

Wake Up
Before Work
Before Bed.

- - - People Who I Respect - - -

• Wynne - Thank you for always supporting me and giving me some awesome tips to improve my skin. You're always their when I need ya, Thank you. :)

• DeeVoo - Seriously, You have been a real good friend to me ever since I've joined this community. You've helped me from the start and if it wasn't for you, My skin would be in trouble! Thank you :)

• Dan - Thanks for making Acne.org! If it wasn't for you! I wouldn't have the opportunity to find out I'm not the only one with skin problems and amazing good friends along the way. Thank you :)

** More Coming ** :)

#51 zillamosnta

zillamosnta

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:50 PM

Day 3 of the regimen on my back and all i have to say is...

WOW.

So far most of the red spots under the skin from previous acne are going away so fast and I only have a FEW zits on whole back. By a few I mean like 3 or 4..yea going from pizza to almost clear in a few days is incredible.

My shoulders are usually the worst part and they feel as smooth as butter : D

So I'd say a few more days of this and all acne will be subsiding and red marks will be faded. Keep up with this and use it 3-4 times per day. It's never hurts with this stuff to apply too much. It's good for the acne.

I must say I'm very pleased. Not only that, the BP/AHA regimen is keeping my face looking really good now. Just waiting for some marks to fade and a pimple here and there every once in awhile.

I'll post again one week from today and post some previous and after pics. You'll be amazed

#52 zitgirl1000

zitgirl1000

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:59 AM

so this is my first post on this site. i have been checking it out for awhile to try and solve this bacne that has been haunting me since last december. my back used to be perfect i dont know what happened.. but ANYWAYS. i tried this gold bond stuff last nigth and the night before that. it seems to be drying out the zits really well. BUT i was really dissapointed to wake up this morning with a new one on my shoulder, considering everyone on here is saying it stopped them from getting zits completely. but i will continue to use and hope for the best, thank god this summer is already shit makes not being able to wear my numerous adorable tanks and strapless shirts much easier.

#53 Hooray it's Henry

Hooray it's Henry

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2009 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (zitgirl1000 @ Aug 8 2009, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so this is my first post on this site. i have been checking it out for awhile to try and solve this bacne that has been haunting me since last december. my back used to be perfect i dont know what happened.. but ANYWAYS. i tried this gold bond stuff last nigth and the night before that. it seems to be drying out the zits really well. BUT i was really dissapointed to wake up this morning with a new one on my shoulder, considering everyone on here is saying it stopped them from getting zits completely. but i will continue to use and hope for the best, thank god this summer is already shit makes not being able to wear my numerous adorable tanks and strapless shirts much easier.

I understand how you feel. The powder can't really prevent new acne, but helps dry everything out. How I see it (and I can be completely wrong) is that if you leave that powder on all day (with a few touch ups here & there), oil can't be on the surface as much thus lessening your chance of clogging pores. Also, it helps reduce redness so if anything your acne can look better, won't hurt as much, etc.
removed.

#54 XuAcne

XuAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (alliysone @ Aug 4 2009, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
okay, so i see no improvement but i've only tried it 2 times. acctually. i broke out really bad but i think thats cause all at once i switched everything. i started using neutrogena body clear body wash and this gold bond body powder. i hope it gets better (= i put it on while my back was still wet after a shower.. and i can feel it on my back.. my backs all cool feeling.it feels weird. what are zinc tablets? and where would i get them?

you can buy the zinc tablets/pills anywhere like at Wal-Mart, CVS, or Wal-Green. just go to the supplement/nutrient isle look for zinc supplement. they're pretty cheap like 5 bucks for 100 caplets. i guess when u apply the gold bond powder, people say to stand in the shower stall or tub only for the reason not to make a big mess on your bathroom floor. its much easier to apply in the tub and have all the excess powder fall to the bottom of the tub than oppose to your actually bathroom floor. and NO do not rinse it off, it suppose to be on your back all day.
Acne is the never ending war. Countless battles fought everyday against it. All the arsenal unleash to overcome it. FU8k, WHEN WILL I FINALLY WIN?

I FINALLY WON!!! Well on my face that is. 2 months and going all clear. YAY!!!!!!

#55 babylon

babylon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2009 - 06:55 PM

hi I;m new, i spend my days googling bacne treatment and stumbled across this thread! I'm SO going to buy this stuff, i'm determined to go on holiday at the end of september and not be so on edge about my skin!

Is it the one in the green bottle? I'm crap and i can' seem to be abe to post a link on her.e..

I'm in the UK so am gonna have browse and see if I can find it there, and I'll report back!

xxxx

#56 babylon

babylon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:03 PM

are there any people from the UK on here? Amazon.com for some reason won't deliver it, and it's not on amazon.co.uk

xxx

#57 Hooray it's Henry

Hooray it's Henry

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:03 AM

Yes, you want the one in the green bottle (Triple Action) because it's stronger.
removed.

#58 LadyWillow

LadyWillow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:03 PM

I couldn't find the extra strength. the regular is called triple action too by the way. where did you guys find the extra strength?
I have been using this for a week and I see an improvement in my chest but I am only using the regular. I'll just use this for a while because it seems to make everything better.
I am interested in taking zinc pills, but i'll look that up in the hollistic section.

#59 zitgirl1000

zitgirl1000

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:52 PM

can anyone who has used this gold bond tell me how long it took to work?? i want this out of my life!! i have to many unworn shirts hanging in my closet.

#60 Hooray it's Henry

Hooray it's Henry

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (zitgirl1000 @ Aug 9 2009, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
can anyone who has used this gold bond tell me how long it took to work?? i want this out of my life!! i have to many unworn shirts hanging in my closet.

It's been about a week for me, and has worked great! My back is clearing up extremely fast and well.
removed.