Photo
- - - - -

The Ultimate Problem Solver For Body Acne

zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
126 replies to this topic

#21 geckofish52

geckofish52

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:18 AM

Edited by geckofish52, 10 August 2013 - 07:26 AM.

#22 Helio

Helio

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:59 PM

I just picked up the extra strength powder today. I had to try it, this intrigued me way too much. I just put it on after my shower. I shall do it in the mornings from now on. Except on my neck, where the white powder would show. I'll post my results!

#23 LiftMore

LiftMore

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:42 PM

Hey, I need to try this, where did you guys purchase this? Drug stores? Grocery stores? What ones? I'm either going to go to London drugs or Save on foods.

#24 stopthemaddness

stopthemaddness

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:05 AM

(says very quickly): Okay I'm trying it.

#25 Realme2008

Realme2008

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (stopthemaddness @ Jun 25 2009, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(says very quickly): Okay I'm trying it.

I'm going to try it also. I figure it couldn't hurt to try it. It has zinc and Salicylic Acid, so it could be great at healing and stopping acne. The reviews are pretty good too. This is what the product looks like, and it's available at Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, e.t.c. Be sure to rate also on drugstore.com after you tried it, so others will know how good the product works or if it doesn't.
http://www.drugstore...amp;catid=44616

#26 xIncognito

xIncognito

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:17 PM

For those who have tried it; how long did you wait before putting a shirt on after applying the Gold Bond? Thanks in advance

#27 Helio

Helio

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:28 PM

I know it's too soon to judge a product but in the day that I've used it, it's actually done a hell of a job. I have a crazy breakout on my neck right now (something like 10 cysts) and this dried them up right away. The bumps are still there, but it's going away really fast. My guess is that my neck will be completely healed by the weekend.

On my body, the results are less obvious but still clearly noticeable. Although I don't have a lot of active acne, the look of it suggests bad skin. I don't know how to explain it. This powder instantly soaks up any oil and shininess and overall, makes the skin looks a lot better.

Also, I've been having breakouts on my butt. Gross, I know but it's real and it hurts! It's dried them up a lot! Usually, they take two weeks to go away, but this has sped that up so much. I think this targets that problem better because it absorbs moisture and anything else that could contribute to acne. It also reduces chafing a lot.

Gold Bond has outdone all expectations I had for it. I had no idea this product could do so much. If I had found this out sooner, I would have suffered a lot less! But nevertheless, thanks to the original poster SO MUCH! No doubt you've just helped a lot of people who suffer with body acne. The product is really simple, and really cheap, so this is just great for me.

One downside though - it can get messy applying powder because of its form. You might be left with a lot of white powder over your sink and floor but I've gotten better at keeping it just to my skin. Another important note, this contains Zinc Oxide which might be toxic to inhale. Try to keep inhalation to a minimum. I get a little lightheaded after application due to all the zinc floating around.

Again, thanks! I will keep posting as I have more experience with it.

#28 LiftMore

LiftMore

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:33 PM

I just did my first application. Here's to hoping I can show off my beach body soon... without hiding my back. Feels good against my skin, dries everything right up... Pleeease work!!

I'll let you guys know how it's going!

#29 LiftMore

LiftMore

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:21 AM

It's going good so far! No new pimples, and it seems to be healing the scars that take a few months to heal quite quickly! This shit rocks.

#30 stopthemaddness

stopthemaddness

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:49 AM

Been using it for a couple of days, drys everything right up and no new pimples on my back Looking good!! (i'm also putting it on my chest at night)

#31 LiftMore

LiftMore

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:59 PM

Been using it for a week and a bit now morning and night. Going good, no new pimples, but it seems to be harder to get rid of those scars, but they seem to be fading.

#32 vpm

vpm

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:33 PM

Interesting... I get very little bacne, but sometimes under a strap and it woud be nice to try this. I have been having great results crushing zinc and adding it to my moisturizer on my face.
Information is the key to making good decisions - share what you know with others.

As of October 2011
Rx: Doxycyclin, Differin, Plexion

Likas Papaya soap, Sulphur & SA soap
Vicco turmeric cream (with sandalwood)
PCA skin A&C and Hydrating serums, Perfecting Protection (sunscreen)
Vitamin C powder
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Makeup: Tarte Smooth operator liquid & stick blush, and different mineral makeups (BE, Philosophy, Alima, Bobby Brown, Clinique...)

Dermarolling

combo/oily - sensitive/allergic - light/med olive - very PIH prone

#33 anonymous007

anonymous007

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:28 PM

Alright, so I started using this on Saturday and it has now been 4 days. I had 3 cysts form on my chest last week which was quite unusual. I'll usually get one every 4-5 months. I knew these ones were going to scar if I let them get to a head. Every other one I've had on my chest has scarred (lucky me). I can honestly say now that after only 4 days this stuff is really doing the job. The 3 that I have have shrunken significantly. At this point they would be very large and swollen by now (if I just left them alone). I now have hope that these may not even leave a scar at all because they will not be coming to a head. Give it a shot if you're thinking about it and let us know in this thread. I'll leave an update in the next couple of days to give you guys my progress. Here's to hoping I've finally found something that works.

#34 kna_2014

kna_2014

katelin<3nicole..:]

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:55 AM

about how much does this cost at wal*mart??
He gave her 12 roses,
11 real && one fake,
&& said
""I'll love you until this last rose dies.""
<3

#35 LadyWillow

LadyWillow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:09 PM

I am trying this!!! does it work on chest? i am getting such a bad breakout on my chest =[. it stinks because i like to wear v-necks and tank tops.
I used to have cysts on my back but it went away. i don't know if it was from drinking ACV or from head and shoulders.. but that doesn't matter now.
I am going to buy this tomorrow. my dad has bad bacne and ill suggest it to him if I see it working.
does it kind of sink in? like.. could I put it on before getting dressed, wait awhile and then not have white stuff all over my clothing?

#36 LadyWillow

LadyWillow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:35 PM

I couldn't find the extra strength! but I will use the regular for awhile and see if I see an improvement. if I see a slight improvement I'll upgrade to the extra strength( if I can find it)

#37 xxxjasonxxx

xxxjasonxxx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:30 AM

I hope this works

#38 Aequaleis

Aequaleis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (xxxjasonxxx @ Aug 2 2009, 06:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope this works

Curious...what happens if you apply this to the face? :0
Removed.

#39 Aequaleis

Aequaleis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:17 PM

I bought the extra-strength triple action powder. I put it on after a shower, let it settle for 3-5 minutes, and put a shirt on (any old shirt since I'm staying in today). This is the first day and I am so impressed!! My red marks have faded, my back looks better, and my back isn't itchy/bothersome either! It cost me like $4-5 for this small teal bottle and after a week I wouldn't be surprised if my bacne significantly improved. Thank you!!
Removed.

#40 stylesbigsister

stylesbigsister

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:19 AM

I just want to say to Britney Spears-thank you so, so much. I can't believe how well this works. I have had some very, very stubborn old bacne (and scabs/scars, thanks to my picking habit) ninja.gif and I can honestly say that the Gold Bond has almost completely cleared my back in a week. I still have a few scars, but they are fading fast, and the active/infected bumps have cleared drastically.